Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Opinion - Time for the NRA to change tactics

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 01:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 666 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 1407

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Well...they do, IF you, like many others here, believe firearms are for personal protection. African Americans identify firearms with self defence over every other group in America.

Last I heard it was something like 60+% of African American gun owners said they owned firearms for self defence. Makes sense when African Americans make up the majority of the populations in areas with the most violence.
Then why can't I seem to get my Black, Asian, Gay and Lesbian, Jewish... even Democrat gun buddies to come to the 2A rallies ???? Maybe because they don't feel very welcome when they show up (if they show up) and see some of the pro-gunners not sticking to the issue at hand and demonizing anyone and anything that isn't of the neo-conservative/tea party point of view in ALL aspects.... not just gun rights. They (nor I) wish to be associated with that....

NOW... before some of you start dog piling ... ask yourself this.... IF you were to show up and ask to participate in the ANTI-gun movement, do you think THEY would give a rat's @$$ what church or temple (if any) you attend... or what your sexual preference is.... or what color you are... or even who you voted for in the last election ??? .... The answer is no. THEY are focused and inclusive... we (for the most part) are not. We are currently the ones in a panic and feeding on each other with hoarding & profiteering.

But as the saying goes, you find out who your friends are when things get tough.... and IMO it ain't the government.... OR the NRA !!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:05 AM   #12

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Just how many NRA members would be welcome at liberal Democratic functions? How many liberal left wing people stand up for the rights of gun owners?
Why are you preaching the left wing agenda that you only need to accept some gun control? The OP noted he is pro gun control? This is more of the antigun propaganda put out by left wing groups. If your gay jewish black friends were dedicated to gun ownership why don't they speak out to Democratic leaders?

Old 02-14-2013, 02:06 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1488 Times on 1007 Posts
Likes Given: 515

You will see a lot of pro gun people trying to exclude people who are not on board with the entire GOP platform. I can not understand where this behavior comes from and I don't care. These people are not the majority of gun owners. You have extremists on both sides of the fence and they both need to be neutralized for us to keep our rights and win the battle of public opinion. We can not unite gun owners if the far right is telling people that are ready to do what it takes to keep the second amendment intact they are not wanted. I am concerned about preserving my right to defend my family. I am not going to shove your religious or political beliefs down peoples throats to make you happy.

The author of this article is a bleeding heart liberal that does not own a gun. He makes a better argument for the preservation of the second amendment than most gun owners. We have to do better than "What part of shall not be infringed is so hard to understand?" I hate to inform you that your second amendment rights have already been infringed.

http://www.thepolemicist.net/2013/01/the-rifle-on-wall-left-argument-for-gun.html#comment-794058681

Here is another great article. It makes a better argument for the preservation of our RKBA than anything I have ever read that was published by the NRA. Moderates who are on the fence need to be persuaded to jump of the fence on the right side. Just quoting the constitution is not going to persuade them. We need to persuade them that they need a firearm. They need to be awakened to the fact they need to be responsible for their own personal safety.
http://jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/dial911anddie.htm

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 02-14-2013 at 02:41 AM.
NC1760 Likes This 
Old 02-14-2013, 02:27 AM   #14

Liberals have attacked gun owners for over 100 years. Would you please post information where NRA members tried to get you to go to church? This is just more liberal BS. Yes, the Democratic Party is the enemy of American Gun owners. Are you blind? Obama and the DNC is pushing the liberal collective agenda as always. Gun owners just agree with Obama and accept a few gun bans. If you don't like the Pro gun stand then go peddle your anti gun crap some where else.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:51 AM   #15

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Im to the point of not caring anymore. If they want them, they can come take them. Goes for the feds and the anti groups. Im tired of debate, and you know what they say about a man too tired to fight...

God knows I dont want it to come to that, but there it is
We never win on any issue. The people WANT to be subjects, they reject the very primal requirment for freedom, RESPONSIBILITY!!!
I agree completely.

I say put up or shut up to the gun grabbers. But also, remember, guns are the problem, not people... so when you come to take ours, you better bring unicorn farts and rainbows.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 02-14-2013 at 02:54 AM.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:02 AM   #16
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 910 Times on 601 Posts
Likes Given: 226

The NRA has what, 4 million members? More as of late, but still a pretty low number, figuring there are 300 million people in the USA.

The NRA had better start doing TV spots recruiting. Recruit in malls, dorms, library's, stand next to the homeless beggar at Wal-Mart.

We better do something to raise our numbers to 150 million.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:21 AM   #17

Liked 4678 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

I respectfully disagree with the notion of using emotion and and fear to push our agenda.

An Agressive campaing however, making Obama's home town of Chicago the poster child of gun control has promise.

The NRA Video reponse to BO's proposals was excellent. Not only did it show the fallacy of public support but it also reminded law makers what the NRA DID to AWB voters back in 94.

Tack

Old 02-14-2013, 03:24 AM   #18

There is nothing to stop anyone from setting up tables in Malls markets etc where legal and sign up members to the NRA. Many active members set up at gun shows. The NRA is a membership Org. It is not an insurance don't just pay your dues and expect some one to else to save your guns.
We have built this 4.5 million member Org. thru Certified Inst. and being involved in local politics. If you are not active you should be.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:24 AM   #19

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazedJava
We need to get women and minorities in front of the camera instead of the standard "Old White Guys".

Exactly, there are a few.

But it's either the standard clean cut white male in a suit or the Vietnam Vet, full beard, cargo shorts, booney cap, t shirt and tactical vest doesn't relate anymore.
We need progun reality tv celebs like Kim Kardashian or Snookie that the general public look up to! Lol

Last edited by JeeperSC; 02-14-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:57 AM   #20

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
The NRA has what, 4 million members? More as of late, but still a pretty low number, figuring there are 300 million people in the USA.

The NRA had better start doing TV spots recruiting. Recruit in malls, dorms, library's, stand next to the homeless beggar at Wal-Mart.

We better do something to raise our numbers to 150 million.
Meh. 4 million is actually REALLY good.

Of the 300 million in the US, 25% are under the age of 18...47% are on government hand outs...willing to do whatever they're told to keep the free **** coming.

To put that into comparison - as of Sept 30, 2010, there were 1.4 million United States red blooded Americans serving active duty in the armed forces. (all branches combined) ... another good comparison? Look at the # of PETA members (an idiot liberal staple club) and their #'s are only 750,000...but thats WORLD WIDE.

4 million is a *VERY* healthy number indeed.

150 million would be great - for sure - but not achievable...unless the main stream media suddenly developed a love affair with the NRA.

I know a *LOT* of people who think exactly the way I do but have no desire to join the NRA for many reasons of their own.

"WE" are the majority. NRA membership or not - gun owners in America will not lie down and allow confiscation to happen without a fight.

Ever.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 02-14-2013 at 04:01 AM.
People Like This 
Closed Thread