You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

opinion on machine gun ban?


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MLF
Posts: 4,123
Liked 1969 Times on 1035 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
I have no use for automatic weapons and am completely ok with them being banned and criminalized. They are designed and built for one reason only, to kill other human beings. There is no justifiable sporting activity associated with this classification of weapon. They are sold in shops here in GA. I see the true marksman looking over well made handguns and rifles. I see thugs and soldier of fortune wannabes looking over the automatic trash. I guess trash draws itself to trash. These weapons give sport and self defense a bad name. This is my opinion and I could be wrong.
That's the biggest load of crap I've heard today...If you're okay with guns being banned, you have some issues to sort through...

How can you possibly think it's okay to ban any gun at all just because you have no use for it personally? You sound EXACTLY like all those anti's who want the evil "black gun/assault rifles" banned, but are okay with a hunting rifle that functions identically and shoots an identical round. I have no use for liquor whatsoever, never drank it, never will but there is no way in hell I'd support a liquor ban just because I have no use for it. Get it together man...

IT'S ABOUT THE RIGHT, NOT THE GUN!!!
__________________
EFFIN' TOF...

Last edited by vincent; 06-09-2012 at 02:23 PM.
vincent is offline  
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:37 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,899
Liked 2061 Times on 829 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
Your logic relies on a false premise in my opinion. Guns were not invented nor are they made with the express intent of killing other human beings. They do however, serve a dual purpose in that regard. Yes, I will concede people may go ga-ga over the engineering and craftsmanship of WMD, but that isn't the point. My opinion is they are not necessary for sport or self defense. In that regard, there is no reason for them to exist in civilian hands. Lastly, it would behoove you not to attempt a 2nd Amendment argument with me. I do that for a living. Peace bro.
All guns were made for the express intent of killing other humans, that is what all weapons were ment to be used for. It is we the people who can find other uses for weapons besides killing humans. No gun is designed for sport, there was never anything in the 2nd Amendment anything about sport or hunting, nor have the founders is this great nation even expressd any way shap or form anything about sport or hunting in the use and ownership of weapons.

The 2nd Amendment was writen to stop government from infringing on every citizens right to buy, sell, own and use any weapon for self defence of a personal nature, and self defence against governments and tyrants. In order to do that we must be as armed as the tyrants and/or government is.

I don't give a rats ass if you eat, sleep, and **** the 2nd Amendment you evidently know little about it if you would advocate the banning, and/or restriction any class of firearms based on the premise of sporting perpose or your personal opinion of wheather anyone needs one or not.

You should really find a forum that fits your beliefs and logic, maybe such as the brady campain, or maybe illegal mayors against guns, I heard the violence policy center was looking for people who can and will subvert the meaning and support of the 2nd Amendment.
opaww is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #43
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Vincine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondack Mts.
Posts: 3,495
Liked 1917 Times on 992 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
I have no use for automatic weapons and am completely ok with them being banned and criminalized. They are designed and built for one reason only, to kill other human beings. There is no justifiable sporting activity associated with this classification of weapon.
Thatís exactly right. Automatic weapons aren't for duck hunting I don't think.

The 2A is designed to provide the population with the means to kill human beings who may be in the service of a tyrannical government. Automatic weapons seem to be the preferred firearm in armies world wide. The 2A has nothing to do with sporting activities, justifiable or otherwise.

Now whether a community thinks defense against tyranny is still valid concern, and worth the other costs to a population, is another story.
__________________
"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it's boring and I go back to being me."
"You might as well be yourself, people wonít like you anyway."
"Tres verbo dictom"

Last edited by Vincine; 06-09-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Vincine is offline  
opaww Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #44
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,899
Liked 2061 Times on 829 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Thatís exactly right. Automatic weapons aren't for duck hunting I don't think.

The 2A is designed to provide the population with the means to kill human beings who may be in the service of a tyrannical government. Automatic weapons seem to be the preferred firearm in armies world wide. The 2A has nothing to do with sporting activities, justifiable or otherwise.

Now whether a community thinks defense against tyranny is still valid concern, and worth the other costs to a population, is another story.
You are right it was anti-aircraft guns that were made for duck hunting, I am going to get 2 for next duck season
opaww is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #45
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Vincine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondack Mts.
Posts: 3,495
Liked 1917 Times on 992 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
You should really find a forum that fits your beliefs and logic, maybe such as the brady campain, or maybe illegal mayors against guns, I heard the violence policy center was looking for people who can and will subvert the meaning and support of the 2nd Amendment.
I don't agree. I think we need less people talking to others who hold their same opinions, and more people talking to those who don't.
__________________
"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it's boring and I go back to being me."
"You might as well be yourself, people wonít like you anyway."
"Tres verbo dictom"
Vincine is offline  
Cattledog Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #46
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Vincine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondack Mts.
Posts: 3,495
Liked 1917 Times on 992 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
You are right it was anti-aircraft guns that were made for duck hunting, I am going to get 2 for next duck season
You must have some damm big ducks down there in Kentucky!
__________________
"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it's boring and I go back to being me."
"You might as well be yourself, people wonít like you anyway."
"Tres verbo dictom"
Vincine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,165
Liked 5017 Times on 2431 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I really dont have much love for him. Just cutting tax rates means nothing if your constitutional rights are taken away.

If you dont have firearms you cant defend your right to speach and all other rights.

If it is not for sale to lawful citizens then it should not be available to police or military
This is the "Gander and Goose" policy I've talked about here before. Personally, I do my best to avoid any gun manufacturer who "a. Sells to LEO's or military" and "b. Same weapons are prohibited for public sale". "think CA LE handguns that don't meet CA's new "safety" regs".

I won't buy an AR from anyone with a military contract and when I can afford my .50 BMG, I'll only buy it from Barrett for standing up to CA's civilian .50 ban by refusing Sales or service to the State of CA.

Also won't buy Glock because they continue to arm CA LEO's with non safety Glocks despite only being able to sell the ones with the innecessary safety switch to the public.

Advertising a gun as CA compliant is a sure way to loose my business.

Tack
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #48
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
andyfromlyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 29
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww

All guns were made for the express intent of killing other humans, that is what all weapons were ment to be used for. It is we the people who can find other uses for weapons besides killing humans. No gun is designed for sport, there was never anything in the 2nd Amendment anything about sport or hunting, nor have the founders is this great nation even expressd any way shap or form anything about sport or hunting in the use and ownership of weapons.

The 2nd Amendment was writen to stop government from infringing on every citizens right to buy, sell, own and use any weapon for self defence of a personal nature, and self defence against governments and tyrants. In order to do that we must be as armed as the tyrants and/or government is.

I don't give a rats ass if you eat, sleep, and **** the 2nd Amendment you evidently know little about it if you would advocate the banning, and/or restriction any class of firearms based on the premise of sporting perpose or your personal opinion of wheather anyone needs one or not.

You should really find a forum that fits your beliefs and logic, maybe such as the brady campain, or maybe illegal mayors against guns, I heard the violence policy center was looking for people who can and will subvert the meaning and support of the 2nd Amendment.
I'm still new to this forum, but I disagree with you saying he needs to find a new forum that fits his beliefs and logic. Isn't the point of a forum conversation, information and the sharing of ideas and perspectives? How boring would it be if we all agreed in 100% of the topics discussed?

That being said I personally don't understand the logic of banning any weapons other than WMDs from civilians hands. The more people who are armed the safer we all are. For example, if automatic weapons were made legal the crack head gangs in my area would think twice about robbing a little old lady who may have an automatic weapon. The safety in numbers mentality of some of our criminals would disappear real quick when my little old lady gun nut neighbor pulls out a full auto m16.
andyfromlyle is offline  
Vincine Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: the swamp north of The Swamp
Posts: 7,616
Liked 3579 Times on 2024 Posts
Likes Given: 2451

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danolator View Post
I guess trash draws itself to trash. These weapons give sport and self defense a bad name. This is my opinion and I could be wrong.
I've been following your posts, and you seem to be either anti-gun

or very intolerant.

Where does it say in the 2A "The right to keep and bear arms is limited

to sporting and and SD weapons."???

I believe the wording is "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.".

Now, look up the meanings of those words.
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #50
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chandler51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in....,Oklahoma
Posts: 2,185
Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex
Already have enough rang ninjas with AR's they don't need an M16.
Thank you for making that choice for everybody.....
__________________
"Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne

Last edited by Chandler51; 06-09-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Chandler51 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
CNC Machine? Redarrow18 Gunsmithing Forum 0 08-25-2010 12:33 AM
know how to use a CNC machine? dynastyofnext Gunsmithing Forum 26 06-18-2009 02:07 AM