Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > opinion on machine gun ban?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I've always said the only weapons that should be banned are WMDs (nuclear, chemical & biological). As for fully auto I know criminals have then. I was once offered a select fire beautiful rifle manufactured in the 90s, with a fully auto pistol for $1000 bucks. I passed this deal up because I knew it was totally illegal. I asked about quantities and they told me I could get a price break for 10 plus sets of rifles and pistols. Criminals can and do get full auto weapons. Luckily they usually only use these arsenals on each other. The sellers were a cousins family that I haven't seen since. My cousin told me prices have gone up, but his family still runs around the nation selling firearms.

As for banning weapons, it's always seemed idiotic to me. If a person wanted to cause the most damage they would use a long distance rifle, like a bolt action 308. Or a semi auto rifle for close encounters. I've always heard a full auto is only good for wasting ammo and keeping people's heads down. A 1 round 1 kill mentality is much more frightening than a full auto spray mentality in my opinion.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #32

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

^very true. I have no doubt in my mind criminals have fully automatic weapons,Lucky for us they use them on each other so there's less scumbags on the streets! The 2a didn't want citizens over powered by the government but we are i mean they have missiles grenades tanks apc attack helicopters drones and on and on and on.Now i know if we could get our hands on whats mentioned above(mainly missiles, attack hele's, and tanks) The government would go crazy and have cameras mounted everywhere in the country and i can guarantee there would be the one idiot who goes on a rampage and wreck it for everyone else because you guys all know we can control what someone else does and were all to blame for his actions(sarcastic)

I mean i would love to buy a tank and shoot some rounds down range from it(a special range of course) or throw a few grenades at some targets

Old 06-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #33

Liked 2447 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Agree. I do not thank they should be band. But I don't really won't a m60 to take to the range.

I was watching a show about snipers on the military Chanel. They said they used about 30,000 rounds of ammo for every 1 VC killed in Vietnam.

Kind of sucks when you can train someone to use 1 round to take out 1 and in some cases 2 people.
I doubt all these sniper wannabes are really paying attention.

As a sniper, you have to not only be a naturally great shot,
survive full SF training courses,
then attend special ballistics and sniper courses,
and heightened survival training.

All so you can crawl through the weeds, perch in the trees,

or crawl through rubble, for hours at a time,

while wearing an itchy gillie or special camo

suit, while being exposed to the elements, and chewed on

by every bug God made. Heaven forbid the enemy manages to

capture you without killing you, and your mission's (pop)

generally going to be off the record. For my money, you can

keep that thankless, painful, irritating $#!+...
Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #34
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Not to mention your kills are way more personal.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #35

Liked 2447 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

I think I'd be pretty OK with that. I'd be telling myself

that the target was the reason every insect in creation was

using my aching , itching, sweltering butt for a smorgasbord,

while I couldn't even swat or scratch...

Old 06-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #36

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

.."...........

Last edited by danolator; 06-10-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #37

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Don't you think all guns should be banned sense all guns were made for one reason and one reason only? And sense the Second Amendment is an all or nothing law then to not support one part of gun ownership would make the person a Anti-rights/anti-gunner. As far as your observation as to who owns or looks at full automatic weapons you have not included the collecter who enjoys good workmanship in weapons, along with marvels or invention.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #38

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Last edited by danolator; 06-10-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2051 Times on 1110 Posts
Likes Given: 3084

Quote:
Lastly, it would behoove you not to attempt a 2nd Amendment argument with me. I do that for a living.
Well, just Wow.

Old 06-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #40

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

So...
If only the government, and not us lowly subjects/peasants, are allowed that type of war making capability, why don't we just give up? Let's all just turn our guns in, give over our paychecks, sell ourselves into slavery, bend over and just take it.
We should be, IMHO, allowed to have owned in private hands, all of the very same weapons and equipment as our government entities. This not only ensures our freedom from the tyranny that many of us feel is already upon us, but it ensures our freedom from outside influence (UN, anyone?).
Think about it. In the case of foreign invasion, a national force would already be leery of taking on our regular armed forces. But then they'll think "holy crap, those Marines were bad enough, what the hell do we do about Scott's 5th fighter squadron, or Marlinman's regimental rednecks?"
Oh wait, I seem to remember such a line of logic already having been thought out by a foreign national. Something about a rifle behind every blade of grass?