Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > opinion on machine gun ban?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #91
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5496 Times on 2715 Posts
Likes Given: 5836

During most of our history in Rural America, guns were more prevalent than brooms. Every household had more than one gun but maybe not an extra broom. You learn what your taught and exposed to. Me and my friends were taught the ABC's and 123's of many subjects that were important the second we were able to be exposed to things as common as anything with a motor, berries, Guns, Knives, fires and dogs (and a few other)! Pretty much the same rules existed for all of them.

All of these things have a great purpose and someday when were smart enough, we will get to use them for what they are made for. All these can and will kill you but they arent dangerous unless we do something stupid.
1- If its not yours, dont touch it without permission from the owner!
2- If you see one and the owners not available, dont even go near it.
3- If its acting strangely or isnt where it should be, tell an adult.
4- If you break any one of these rules, you could end up dead or at least get your ass beat as soon as the owner or your parent found out (or both).

Today, kids dont get trained on these safety things, they are told they are evil and if something goes south, sue the pants off the owner! I had my BB gun at 8, my .22 at 11 and lots of guns big and small at 15. When I owned it, I knew how and why to use it and was allowed to use them at my own discretion. Same with my friends! Lots of kids shooting lots of guns and bullets yet nobody ever shot anyone, how can that be?

Training from day 1, not how to do bad things but how to use a tool for good things! The simple fact is, when you grab a dog by the tail, you get the whole dog, teeth and all!

Old 06-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #92

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 302

I'm not sure this is exactly the kind of thing needed...it's an amusing movie...graphic yet poinant.

Maybe a little too over the top..and graphic...but I found some truth in it.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:58 AM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1935 Times on 1037 Posts
Likes Given: 2884

Did anyone ever consider the fact that convicted felons vote in about 40 states? They won't vote for politicans who would make lives harder for criminals. They will vote for mealy mouthed politicians who blame guns for their crimes.

http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000286

Old 06-16-2012, 01:55 AM   #94
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5496 Times on 2715 Posts
Likes Given: 5836

LU, that looks like one hell of a movie. Im probably gonna skip that one.

Al, Politicians buy there votes wherever they can find them. Barry Oh just gave sanction to 1.5 Million illegal Aliens Under the age of thirty that entered the country as Minors. How obvious can he get?

Old 06-24-2012, 06:21 AM   #95

how do we get the hughes amendment to the SCOTUS? do you think we can throw it out now? or should we wait till rommeny stacks the deck in our favor?