opinion on machine gun ban?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > opinion on machine gun ban?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default opinion on machine gun ban?

Ok i know this has probably been discussed before but i was wondering what you guys think of the machine gun ban of 1986? The reason i ask is because me and my dad were talking and we got into politics. He was telling me how Regan signed the ban because he was shot i told him that Regan was being a baby due to the fact that people are shot all the time and alot of them then buy a gun to protect themselves not go and ban them unless they are a liberal loony.He said well hes the president so its much different. What do all of you think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2012, 06:08 AM   #2

Liked 43 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If the the govt can have it their gun rack we should be able as citizens to have it in ours. The framers of the constitution never wanted the average citizens to be outgunned by the government.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:09 AM   #3

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

First it's the machine gun, then assault weapons, then pistols, then rifles, the crossbows, then compound bows, then knives, then spears, then slingshots, then silverware, then sticks and stones, and then civilization will start over.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 662 Times on 404 Posts
Likes Given: 3741

I think a ban on most things is utterly retarded. However, I think if those retards want to ban certain (or all) firearms, then we should be able to ban certain people from reproducing.... (like crazy liberals and alex jones and david icke)

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 06-07-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1583 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 8232

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Ok i know this has probably been discussed before but i was wondering what you guys think of the machine gun ban of 1986? The reason i ask is because me and my dad were talking and we got into politics. He was telling me how Regan signed the ban because he was shot i told him that Regan was being a baby due to the fact that people are shot all the time and alot of them then buy a gun to protect themselves not go and ban them unless they are a liberal loony.He said well hes the president so its much different. What do all of you think?
Yes, Regan did sign a law that banned civilian ownership of fully automatic weapons manufactured after May of 1986. This law was part of a package that also greatly changed laws that were put into place by the gun control act of 1968, in that it lessened some of the restrictionsof the GCA of 1968. Google the Firearm Owner Protction Act of 1986 and research it. From there you will be able to draw your own conclusions.

Civilians are NOT banned from owning full auto or selct fore weapons by federal law if they were manufactured before May 9, 1986. As long as your state allows you to posess the weapon, you can pass an ATF background check, and you pay the applicable federal tax on said firearm. I myself have no need or a full auto firearm but, I do agree it would be a fun toy to have. And if the government can have them we should not have our rights infringed. We should be able to buy new as well.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 06-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #6

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

no i mean its ridiculous that we have to have a tax stamp and it has to be made before 1986 .

Old 06-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #7

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

I think we should be able to get new production full auto guns for a more affordable price but keep the same background check for it. Already have enough rang ninjas with AR's they don't need an M16.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #8

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
I think we should be able to get new production full auto guns for a more affordable price but keep the same background check for it. Already have enough rang ninjas with AR's they don't need an M16.
This I agree with, they should be treated as they are now, except new production full auto's should be available.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #9

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

If you all would of voted for me as president I would of made the government issue each and every law abiding citizen of legal age who is not a mental case at least one full auto M4, 7 30 round mags., 5000 rounds for their use each 3 months and a new colt .45auto with 3 mags each and 1000 rounds or ammo.

Old 06-07-2012, 09:14 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 222 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 65

I agree with everyone said. We should be able to purchase and own new production of Full Auto. I don't mind doing or paying DOUBLE to TRIPLE the cost of the tax stamp and time.
Well, hope it happens in my this lifetime.