Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > AN Open letter to CT State police

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2014, 03:24 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4516 Times on 2186 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
My point being that the LEO will not go for an all out offensive door to door raiding spree, causing rioting in the streets and forcing the citizens to go on the Offensive.

They will pick away little by little via traffic stops and other trumped up excused to stop, shoot or arrest. It will not be reported in the news and few people will even be aware it is happening. This low and slow technique will keep the citizenry at bay and nobody will even think about going on the offensive.
Perhaps...

All I can say is that personally, were a loved one of mine taken down this way, I would react... and I think I'm far from alone one this.

CT Leo's would be wise to avoid the enforcement of this issue unless left with absolutely no choice.

The Devil is always in the details and I'd hate to see officers doing something that would lead to violent retaliation against them.

Perhaps the CT Politician are as stupid and arrogant as you think they are but the LEO's I know out here in the PNW are far from stupid and know full well that while they do pretty good against criminals... They are woefully unprepared to deal with riflemen with a cause.

I'm hopefully optimistic that this law will make it to the Supreme Court and be overturned on the basis of "common use" BEFORE anyone gets hurt by incompetent legislation.

Tack

Old 03-16-2014, 03:31 AM   #92

Liked 518 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 270

Quote:
the LEO's I know out here in the PNW are far from stupid and know full well that while they do pretty good against criminals... They are woefully unprepared to deal with riflemen with a cause.
That is why they will do this without giving cause, as very few will even know.

Old 03-16-2014, 03:46 AM   #93

Quote:
That is why they will do this without giving cause, as very few will even know.
Are you suggesting they will charge offenders "covertly" and prevent the media from reporting cases where people with ZERO criminal records wind up facing felony charges? Or wind up dead?

I think your reaching a bit. Given the heated nature of the issue, anything happens that's tied to this law will be National News.

Tack
Old 03-16-2014, 03:47 AM   #94

Liked 31 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 82

I saw this for the first time at least a year ago, maybe longer. It was inspired by what was going on in CA where teams were being deployed to find a substantial list of prohibited persons who had purchased guns before becoming prohibited, but no records of them being turned in existed. It's actually kind of eerie how closely CT is following what was an educated guess at the time by the author. It is written from the perspective of a gun ban by the feds, so it's not directly analogous, but the process the author contemplates in the beginning is nearly exactly what's happening in CT right now. There's more at the link, but here's a taste:

Quote:
The next thing you’ll get from the government is an official looking notice that they think you still have a firearm.... That notice will tell you that you’re in violation of the law, subject to prosecution and imprisonment. It will give you some period of time to surrender the gun....

If you think they’ll come at these multiple-gun owners with a swat team, guess again. Their most likely tactic will be yet another letter (maybe two more) that generate what they’ll call “insufficient responses”. That means they can’t track a gun after you owned it. This they’ll use as fodder for a search warrant and/or perjury charges at a later date if they can. My guess is that the time between April and August will be a bad time for a lot of “former” gun owners. Remember that the BATF is an arm of the Treasury department and they control the IRS. You’ll probably get a notice in the mail that the IRS has some questions about your taxes or wants to audit you. When you make the appointment to visit the IRS they will pass that information to the BATF. While you are sweating over your deductions, the BATF and local police will execute a search warrant and search your home looking for guns. With you safely off site and distracted, essentially forced into “the royal presence” of the IRS they will snag your guns. Expect them to use slow-scan and ground penetrating radar to search walls, yards, under the patio or deck, the basement, etc. You might even find your hot tub has been drained and moved. Yes, they’ll search your car in the IRS parking lot too.
Like I said, more at the link. It's worth a read, even though it's really fiction.

I go back and forth between being impressed by CT's gun owners' resolve thus far, and remembering that constant heightened awareness is an acquired skill that is pretty much impossible to maintain if you're a rookie at it. That 85% non-compliance rate is indeed impressive, and I have little doubt that a good percentage of those believe themselves resolute that they will fight to the death before relenting. But as mseric said, they can be sweated by professional sweaters with the well-being and/or freedom of their families etc., not to mention staring felony charges down has made many a tough-guy buckle at the knees just a wee bit. The gun-owners can practice the heightened awareness day and night and have their home set up with pre-positioned weapons, escape routes, battle-plans with the wife and kids, what have you, but the fact is, they're still mostly work-a-daddy LAC's who might have a pistol on 'em when they go to work every day, or to church on Sunday, and it'll be while at those kinds of places that they'll be taken, or on the way back to the house, but not while they're at home.

I'm not feeling particularly optimistic for CT at the moment. I'm attending a gun show in Birmingham with Mike Vanderboegh tomorrow though, so I may shed my pessimism and be back tomorrow night full of piss 'n vinegar. Mike goes in Monday for another surgery to fight his cancer, so regardless of what you think of his politics or anything else about him, I ask that y'all give a prayer if you're a Believer, or send good thoughts along on smoke signals, whatever ya got.

CzarChasm
Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to Police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:06 PM   #95

Liked 518 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 270

Quote:
I think your reaching a bit. Given the heated nature of the issue, anything happens that's tied to this law will be National News.
Don't forget that the Media is not on our side. Any news stories about confiscation by the MSM will portray the victim and his family as Right Wing extremist, nut job terrorists with a "Stash" of Illegal weapons and Thousands of rounds of "Illegal" ammo, Cop Killing Ammo. They will also be sure to use the words "Hollow Point" as many times as possible.

When in reality the victim will be Joe Average with an AR or two, his personal protection handgun and a few hundred rounds of cheap Military Surplus ammo. If the cops don't shoot him first the MSM will crucify him publicly long before his day in court.

Imagine what the MSM will do if Joe Average is a handloader? Not only will he be a Terrorist, nut job extremist, he will have a hidden room in his basement or garage for the sole purpose of "Manufacturing" Illegal ammunition. Enough illegal ammunition to supply a small army of Terrorists.

Last edited by mseric; 03-16-2014 at 12:09 PM.
bluez Likes This 
Old 03-16-2014, 02:04 PM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1746 Times on 902 Posts
Likes Given: 345

history is rife with tales of elected officials and their minions playing by their own rules. remember, it's the victor that gets to hold war crimes trials not the loser. civil disobedience is nothing new, just take for example all of the elected officials and LEOs who looked the other way during prohibition......

I still don't like the letter or the tone of it. The line "The future -- yours, mine, our children's, that of the citizens of Connecticut and indeed of the entire country -- is in YOUR hands" is not true at all. The future of Connecticut rests in the hands of voters and elected officials, not the State Police.

Someone FROM CT should probably lead the charge here................

People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 12:48 AM   #97

Has anyone else ever noticed how prevalent it is that people don't even know that they don't even know? Just a general question, but anyway....

So I spent about four hours with Mike V. today. Figured a gun show was a good excuse to get together, and he announced on his blog that he was helping a friend by manning his table at the Birmingham Jefferson Civic Center for the Alabama Gun Collectors Association gun show. First AGCA gun show I've been to, and the first one at the BJCC I've been to also. It was like shades of LA gun shows. By Alabama standards, or at least N. Bama standards, it was HUGE. Sprung for a couple ammo cans at the show. That was all this time.

Don't think I've mentioned Mike's "Toys for Totalitarians" here before, but some of y'all may be interested in participating. The project started when he sent a 30-round mag to CO Gov. Hickenlooper after the ban on them went into effect there. His reason was two-fold; one, to show the guv. how easy it will be for subjects of his state to get standard capacity mags if they want 'em, and two, he also put a call into the State Police to inform them that he had personal knowledge that they would find a 30-round mag in the guv's office after he got notified that the registered package had been delivered. Nothing but harassment to give the guv. a feel for what he has wrought upon his citizenry, but not illegal for Mike to send from AL to people in the occupied territories, so he has no retribution other than empty threats to worry about from engaging in it.

He rinsed and repeated it for guvs. of NY, MD, and CT, and most recently has included NJ in his mailings (letters and Toys for Totalitarians). As the project caught a little attention from his readers, two classes of "Toys" were designated - freedom-fighter grade and tyrant grade, one, a new or near-new mag in good working order, and the tyrant grade working just good enough to qualify as an ammo delivery mechanism into the chamber of whichever tyrannically-regulated firearm it was made for so as to make it illegal for the official to be in possession of, but not working good enough to be reliable as a good defensive piece of gear. So you'll find addresses to send either class of mags if you're interested in participating at the link. Why not add to the 2 million+ as-yet unregistered mags in CT, and wish a Brother or Sister Patriot will use them in good health?

So Mike, another friend of his and I sat around talking at the table for about four hours. From that conversation I can say that I believe the confiscations have begun in CT. I won't go into detail, because there's a write-up in the works, but State Police have already visited homes demanding entry in search of guns. A well-respected blogger in the gun-rights blogosphere will be publishing about it in the coming days, and I will link it immediately when I see it.

I asked Mike how he thought it was going to end in CT, and it was about what I would've said too. He's not optimistic, especially in light of the above-referenced info. As calm as it may seem, there is a powder-keg sitting in CT just waiting for one side or the other to light the fuse. I pray the fuse stays cold, but if it gets lit, doesn't matter which side lights it, CT is not big enough to contain the explosion.

CzarChasm

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to Police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2014, 01:40 AM   #98

Well of course the media will spin the story against the citizen gun owner.

Are you dumb enough to believe it? Am I? No!

The sheep who will believe it are not the folks CT LEO's are concerned with.

Quote:
Don't forget that the Media is not on our side. Any news stories about confiscation by the MSM will portray the victim and his family as Right Wing extremist, nut job terrorists with a "Stash" of Illegal weapons and Thousands of rounds of "Illegal" ammo, Cop Killing Ammo. They will also be sure to use the words "Hollow Point" as many times as possible.

When in reality the victim will be Joe Average with an AR or two, his personal protection handgun and a few hundred rounds of cheap Military Surplus ammo. If the cops don't shoot him first the MSM will crucify him publicly long before his day in court.

Imagine what the MSM will do if Joe Average is a handloader? Not only will he be a Terrorist, nut job extremist, he will have a hidden room in his basement or garage for the sole purpose of "Manufacturing" Illegal ammunition. Enough illegal ammunition to supply a small army of Terrorists.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #99

Spin can work both ways....

We recently heard a bitter assertion that Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy is such a strong supporter of the state’s blatantly unconstitutional “assault weapons” ban because he wants to lessen the risk of his son getting killed by a law-abiding citizen armed with an AR-15 the next time he tries to rob someone at gunpoint:
Initially, the man told police he was the victim of an armed home invasion, but police said they quickly realized it was a drug buy turned robbery.

Police believe Malloy and two other men had arranged to buy drugs from the victim, but instead of handing over cash, they pulled out guns and told the victim to hand over the drugs. When the victim refused, Malloy and his two friends took off, police said.

Darien Police obtained search warrants for Mayor Malloy’s Stamford house and three other homes.

“We did find some evidence of marijuana, narcotics and in the home in Darien where the complaint did originate from, and we recovered one of the weapons that was displayed during the attempted home robbery”, said Lt. Ron Bussell of the Darien Police Department.

Ben Malloy turned himself in to Darien police and was charged with criminal attempt at first degree robbery and conspiracy to commit first degree robbery.
(More at link...)
All sides of a war have a propaganda machine up and running. The above ain't much, but it's a start...

CzarChasm
Tackleberry1 Likes This