Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry: When is it appropriate? with Jerry Miculek - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry: When is it appropriate? with Jerry Miculek

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2217 Times on 1314 Posts
Likes Given: 1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Dog View Post
Or maybe I've been busy making the streets safe. Not all of us have time to spend all day on a bulletin board, people's lives depend on me to be out there and face down the wolf.
Wild dogs do not make the streets safer. As a mater of fact it is our JOB to hunt them down and kill them before they hurt or kill others.
Sheep dogs are not 'wild dogs'!

Old 06-21-2014, 05:51 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22240 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
I'm what you may call a 'Preventer.' I work a soft target and am there to prevent bad things from happening. Sadly, it's an unarmed post (stupid bosses only let me carry a flashlight and handcuffs), but I use my wits and my fists to beat back the wolves and allow the herd of sheeple to graze in peace.
so you're an unarmed security guard. wow, just wow.
File Type: jpg mall cop.jpg (21.3 KB, 31 views)
People Like This 
Old 06-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I'm what you may call a 'Preventer.' I work a soft target and am there to prevent bad things from happening. Sadly, it's an unarmed post (stupid bosses only let me carry a flashlight and handcuffs), but I use my wits and my fists to beat back the wolves and allow the herd of sheeple to graze in peace.
The definition of an oxymoron:
1. Rap music!
2. Unarmed security!
I am not belittling you, only the concept. We all have get a pay check to live. My advise to you is find another job. With your obvious aggressive attitude in this job you are going to end up in a bad way, one way or another!

Last edited by JimRau; 06-21-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Thanks for belittling my trade.

What high speed, low drag, kick*** job have you got?
sorry, but your bait ain't working!

and FYI, you belittled your own trade with just about every post you have made, trying to give the impression your are some super duper, trained warrior super hero defender of the masses.

and i have no desire to get into a pissing match with a troll on a forum, so have a nice day.
SparkPlug Likes This 
Old 06-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Thank you, but I can't walk away, the mall needs me. If I leave, there's no one else with my skills and mindset who can properly protect the public.
wow, just wow.
File Type: jpg facepalm 001.jpg (11.2 KB, 35 views)
SparkPlug Likes This 
Old 06-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Thanks for belittling my trade.

What high speed, low drag, kick*** job have you got?
I am now retired from:
1. Five years active duty in the Army with two combat tours in the 'big Green Latrine' (RVN)
2. Twenty six years as a street cop in CoSp, CO.
3. Eight years with the 19th Special Forces Gp(NG)
4. Six years security with TAPS (Trans Alaska Pipeline System)
5. One year Patrol Commander, Winston County SO, AL
I now do volunteer work for the SO and NRA, run a retail firearms business, and give Basic Armed Defense Classes in my spare time. I also have cattle, and horses I raise on my 66 acres here, not to mention I am part of the Hog Control Program here (killed 16 just since the first of June).
To answer your question I don't have a job!
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #27

Liked 115 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Are you a blood relative to Gecko_45 or was he just your trainer?
Old 06-21-2014, 06:47 PM   #28

Quote:
That's awesome.

But I was referring to Axxe55.
i have been in the automotive, large truck and heavy equipment repair industry for about 35 years now.

i did fleet maintanance for a few large trucking companies over the years.

so your point is exactly what?
People Like This 
Old 06-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i have been in the automotive, large truck and heavy equipment repair industry for about 35 years now.

i did fleet maintanance for a few large trucking companies over the years.

so your point is exactly what?
That was my first job 'off the farm'!!! I was a mechanic (not a technician) for a large road construction outfit in KS building I-70.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
That was my first job 'off the farm'!!! I was a mechanic (not a technician) for a large road construction outfit in KS building I-70.
i grew up in a very large city, (Austin and Houston Texas) and we moved to my grandparents farm when i was still young, when my grandfather got ill with cancer. we raised cows, horses, hogs, corn and hay on the farm. it was where i got my introduction to working on farm equipment. when i left home, i went to work for my uncle in his shop working on big trucks and oilfield equipment. which is the direction most of my career has been in since i left home.

what belittled his profession, was trying to give an impression of being something that he wasn't or something imagined within his own mind.

but in the past, most of those i have run across have such a mentality. IMO, i think it comes from being envious of not actually being qualified or capable of holding an actual job in LE probably due to many reasons, mental deficiencies come to mind as a big reason. so they try and overcompensate their self importance by exaggerating their job as being more dangerous than it is or their services being needed as some sort of protector or defender.

just supposing and musing on the subject though.
SparkPlug Likes This 
Closed Thread