OPEN CARRY to support your local Starbucks
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > OPEN CARRY to support your local Starbucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default OPEN CARRY to support your local Starbucks

The anti-gun groups are pushing for a boycott of Starbucks because Starbucks would not kick out citizens who were legally openly carrying firearms. So even if you don't want to spend $5.00 on a whipped up latte/cappuccino/coffee drink, if you support gun rights AND if it is legal in your state, you may want to OC in the local Starbucks to counter the anti-gun groups who are boycotting.

Quote:
Link: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/23/420...y-prompts.html

CHICAGO, Jan. 23, 2012 –– /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ –– A nationwide boycott of Starbucks stores and its products will be launched on Valentine's Day 2012. Its goal is to eliminate the risk of guns in public places and ultimately to bring sane gun laws to the U.S.

(Logo: Login)

This boycott is being called by the National Gun Victim's Action Council (NGAC), a network of 14 million gun victims, the faith community including the: Episcopal Peace Fellowship, United Church of Christ, Fellowship of Reconciliation (46 peace fellowships and 43 affiliate fellowships), secular groups working to reduce gun violence and many of the organizations that support passing sane gun laws.WHY STARBUCKS? Currently, Starbucks allows guns and assault weapons to be openly carried in its stores (in 43 states) and concealed and carried in its stores (in 49 states) (See Photos). Starbucks' compliance with the National Rifle Association's Pro-Gun Agenda was exposed in 2010 when members of the "open carry" movement began meeting in popular chains, such as California Pizza Kitchen, Peets, IKEA, Disney and Starbucks openly carrying their handguns and assault rifles. (Types of Guns)

To protect their customers and employees, all of the retail chains—except for Starbucks— banned guns from being carried in their stores.

"Starbucks allowing guns to be carried in thousands of their stores significantly increases everyone's risk of being a victim of gun violence," says Elliot Fineman, CEO of the NGAC. "Open and conceal and carry are among the reasons there are 12,000 gun homicides each year in the U.S. If we had England's gun laws we would expect 375 gun homicides each year—97% less than we have. England's gun laws are based on protecting public safety, ours on maximizing sales for the gun industry." Non-Sane Gun Laws

Starbucks has the legal right to ban guns but despite having been petitioned by thousands, asked at a shareholder meeting, and a direct appeal made to their Board, Starbucks clings to this policy that puts millions of Americans at risk every day and encourages the spread of guns being carried in public.

IMPACT OF STARBUCKS BOYCOTT: Fineman says, "Starbucks steadfast support of the NRA's lethal pro-gun agenda damages its 'socially conscious company' brand. Further," adds Fineman, "Monte Carlo Simulation risk analysis indicates that 90% of the time, our boycott will reduce Starbucks stock price by an amount no rational company would allow."

According to NGAC, the boycott will end when Starbucks rejects the NRA's Pro-Gun agenda by banning all guns from their stores and committing to be an Aggressive Corporate Advocate for sane gun laws.

TO PARTICIPATE IN THE STARBUCKS BOYCOTT: Participate in the Starbucks Boycott « Gun Victims Action Council

ABOUT NGAC: The National Gun Victims Action Council (NGAC) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit network of 14 million gun victims, survivors, their families, supporters, the faith community, secular organizations working on gun violence reduction and ordinary people leveraging their economic (buying) power to change America's gun laws. NGAC can be found at Gun Victims Action Council

Follow @GunVictimsAct and find us on Facebook.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #2

Liked 2489 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 2396

Typical liberal douchebaggery. If you don't feel safe there then don't go there. But no they want to step on other peoples rights to make them feel better. Normal logic for these people if they don't like something then it should be banned.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:49 AM   #3

Id go but the boycott is on a tuesday. Bad timing. Good for Starbucks to not give in to the yuppies. BTW, Starbucks makes a BOMB white chocolate "frappacino"...

Old 01-31-2012, 03:47 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2729 Times on 1429 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Lies, damn lies and statistics. 14 million members? I don't think so. They purport to "represent" 14 million people who were vicitms, are related to a victim, or know a victim (or live in the same city as a victim, I presume). Liberal douche bags. You are much more likely to die in a car crash than be shot. Those damn "assault cars" need to be banned. If only everyone drive a Smart Car, there would be fewer traffic fatalities. You can hit a pedestrian with one and not cause serious injuries, just total the car.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-31-2012, 03:53 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5629 Times on 2943 Posts
Likes Given: 371

Fact: The more guns that are being carried by honest citizens the less likely you are to be a victim of crime.

Fact: The cities with the highest gun control have the most violent and most frequent gun violence by criminals

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #6
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1576 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 8106

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Fact: The more guns that are being carried by honest citizens the less likely you are to be a victim of crime.

Fact: The cities with the highest gun control have the most violent and most frequent gun violence by criminals
Quoted for truth!

I have to wonder if the leaders of this group of "14 million victims" have ever checked the statistics for attacks and homicides involving weapons other than guns. Would it make them feel better to know how many people in England are killed with knives, ice picks, hammers, and screwdrivers every year? Or how many were pushed out of windows?

Honestly, I feel safer knowing that the people around me are carrying when I'm out in public. It would take a real braintrust to walk in and try to rob a Starbucks! Open or concealed carry by the patrons makes their employees safer, by detering crime, PERIOD! Don't get me started on "Gun Free School Zones" like the one my wife works in. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that I'll be going to Starbucks on the 14th, and the wife and I will be carrying.

If they like England's gun laws so much, they should move there!

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 02-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I don't like starbucks, not even a little bit. But if it will tick off some retarded libs than i will choke down some of their coffee.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 02-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
I don't like starbucks, not even a little bit. But if it will tick off some retarded libs than i will choke down some of their coffee.
Then print out and drop off some of these!!!

Old 02-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #9

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

If only I weren't busy so on tuesday I could walk in there OC'ing my handgun and feel safe in a place they has a chance of getting robbed at gunpoint. I think if a BG saw that I had a gun he would probably avoid that place.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.