Open carry and the second amendment - Page 24
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Open carry and the second amendment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #231
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1961 Times on 1158 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1D2 View Post
Wish things were different. I would move ta Alaska. They have a model on gun rights IMO...
I lived there for 7 years. It was an experience I enjoyed, but I am glad to be in Alabama now.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 06-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #232
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 733 Times on 374 Posts
Likes Given: 327

Something many of you guys are failing to consider.

These OCT guys are Not exercising their 2nd Amendment rights, they are exercising their 1st Amendment rights, their right to protest.

They are not carrying for protection, they are Not carrying because it is their Right, they are carrying to make a political Statement. These long guns in hand are no different then a cardboard sign saying Free OJ Simpson.

The problem with their protest is they are not accomplishing what they are trying to do, that is to pass legislation to allow Open Carry of Handguns in Texas. On the contrary, they are doing more harm then good and they are turning Texas State Legislators away from passing OC and heading to the antis side of the fence.

That is what this is all about, it is about taking a good concept and cause and screwing it up so badly that the very people (Legislators) you are trying to persuade are turning against your cause and are NOT being persuaded.

The more I read about Grisham and his cronies the more I am convinced his whole operation is a False Flag. Nobody and I mean nobody is that stupid to believe what they are doing is helping the cause. Bad press, legislators running away from OCT like rats leaving a sinking ship, business all across America banning firearms and even fellow gun owners watching in discussed as he single handedly turns most of the country against Open Carry. There is no other explanation, he has to be an Anti-Gun advocate.

Last edited by mseric; 06-09-2014 at 02:01 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #233

Liked 2500 Times on 1122 Posts
Likes Given: 2405

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
actually I don't think everyone else is wrong. just the folks who think there is something to be gained by basically forcing what will eventually be a majority of national establishments to ban ALL firearms, conceal carry and open carry.

these people are not acting on my behalf. they are attention getters and foolish ones at that. when you take a cause BACKWARDS because of your actions - you are neither brave nor intelligent
We are on the same side. I don't care whether it moves the cause backwards or forwards it's not illegal and that should be enough. If pro gun people are willing to trash these guys for doing something that is a right and is perfectly legal then there is no hope for our side. It seems half of us have fallen for the liberal lies. Freedom of speech and the right to carry are not CAUSES, they are rights. Rights that the government has no business blocking or infringing on. Rights not granted to us by the left, these are natural human rights. There would be no protests, if the governments both federal and state would stop infringing on our rights. This country was born by protests against those that would trample on our rights.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:45 PM   #234
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2033 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
We are on the same side. I don't care whether it moves the cause backwards or forwards it's not illegal and that should be enough. If pro gun people are willing to trash these guys for doing something that is a right and is perfectly legal then there is no hope for our side. It seems half of us have fallen for the liberal lies. Freedom of speech and the right to carry are not CAUSES, they are rights. Rights that the government has no business blocking or infringing on. Rights not granted to us by the left, these are natural human rights. There would be no protests, if the governments both federal and state would stop infringing on our rights. This country was born by protests against those that would trample on our rights.
it's not the left, or the government, that is infringing anyone's rights here.......it's Chipotle, and Appleby's, and Chilis....all private establishments.....that are interested in the many MORE dollars to be spent by non-rifle-carrying-customers .....and they are exercising THEIR right to ban guns.

You want to protest against carrying and you say the government is your issue? FINE! go carry in a government building! why the heck does anyone need to bother a family at a restaurant, and make them wonder if it's Adam Lanza or some other wack-job? Like I said, you walk in with your AR into a restaurant where I am eating, I am figuring out how to put you down with one head shot before you take your third step in the door. It's foolishness, it's irresponsible and this 'movement' being compared to the patriots who started this great country is so completely out of line it will gain credibility with very few
People Like This 
Old 06-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #235
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
it's not the left, or the government, that is infringing anyone's rights here.......it's Chipotle, and Appleby's, and Chilis....all private establishments.....that are interested in the many MORE dollars to be spent by non-rifle-carrying-customers .....and they are exercising THEIR right to ban guns.

You want to protest against carrying and you say the government is your issue? FINE! go carry in a government building! why the heck does anyone need to bother a family at a restaurant, and make them wonder if it's Adam Lanza or some other wack-job? Like I said, you walk in with your AR into a restaurant where I am eating, I am figuring out how to put you down with one head shot before you take your third step in the door. It's foolishness, it's irresponsible and this 'movement' being compared to the patriots who started this great country is so completely out of line it will gain credibility with very few

... and their actions and doing more harm then good. As a gun owner and a supporter of the Second Amendment it is my Duty as an American to point out and object to any and all activity that is detrimental to the 2nd.

I do not object to Open carry, I do it, I object to these Anti-Gun protesters masquerading as supporters of Open Carry and the Second, when in reality they are just the opposite.

They are no different then the (L) political candidates claiming to be ultra conservative and fighting to bring conservatism back to the political arena, when in reality they are payed for and funded by the Democrat party. It's called a "False Flag" and OCT is clearly a false flag.

Join them and their tactics and watch how fast, Open Cary and Concealed carry will be banned from just about every private business is the nation. After all this is the goal of Grisham and is cronies.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #236

Quote:

How is a private business capable of infringing on any ones rights? Don't go there if you don't like their policies. I didn't compare this movement to the patriots of this country. I compared our right to protest to the patriots of this country. You guys have a problem reading and comprehending. I even said I don't agree with the way they are doing things. All I'm saying is he has a right to protest so long as he isn't breaking any laws or committing violence against anyone. We don't have to like it, we just have to acknowledge he has the right. When we fail to do so then we are no better than the PC left. Maybe your time would be better spent putting together your own movement to counter OTC, rather than arguing with me about his right to protest.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #237
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2033 Times on 1062 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
You guys have a problem reading and comprehending.
this must be a page from the best-seller "how to win friends and influence people" lol

listen, there's OC and there's OC. some of it is just plain disruptive and that's just a fact. now, whether people OUGHT to be conditioned to duck when they see an AR15 has as much to do with the liberal media as it does the fact that these weapons have been used in mass shootings. it might be the natural instinct of wanting to not get shot, who knows

having a rule that tells people 'yes, you can carry a concealed weapon, but not carry a long gun or un-holstered side arm' caters to the balance one must strike between YOUR rights and the rights of others. driving the word 'infringement' into the ground does not make your right more valid. You can still carry your gun. But, AND THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT I AM MAKING - when someone protests in such a manner that I end up losing the right to even conceal carry (legally) in these establishments - nothing and I mean absolutely nothing has been gained. Texas has some mighty fine gun laws (lack thereof to be exact) and this group of Bozo's is going to ruin that. Why would an advocate of open carry be in favor of such a thing?

now, I apologize to the folks that had to see me in what is basically a 3 or 4 person argument for the past whatever pages. whenever I see these things happen in threads, I always think "glad I'M not one of those dumbazzes"
People Like This 
Old 06-10-2014, 02:05 AM   #238
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
this must be a page from the best-seller "how to win friends and influence people" lol

listen, there's OC and there's OC. some of it is just plain disruptive and that's just a fact. now, whether people OUGHT to be conditioned to duck when they see an AR15 has as much to do with the liberal media as it does the fact that these weapons have been used in mass shootings. it might be the natural instinct of wanting to not get shot, who knows

having a rule that tells people 'yes, you can carry a concealed weapon, but not carry a long gun or un-holstered side arm' caters to the balance one must strike between YOUR rights and the rights of others. driving the word 'infringement' into the ground does not make your right more valid. You can still carry your gun. But, AND THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT I AM MAKING - when someone protests in such a manner that I end up losing the right to even conceal carry (legally) in these establishments - nothing and I mean absolutely nothing has been gained. Texas has some mighty fine gun laws (lack thereof to be exact) and this group of Bozo's is going to ruin that. Why would an advocate of open carry be in favor of such a thing?
...and that right there is the guts of this whole mess. Grisham is doing more harm then good, plain and simple. You guys want to jump on his band wagon and cause more damage to the Second, go ahead, that is your right, but don't go around complaining that those blankety-blank businesses are violating your rights when they gave you exactly what you asked for.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
...and that right there is the guts of this whole mess. Grisham is doing more harm then good, plain and simple. You guys want to jump on his band wagon and cause more damage to the Second, go ahead, that is your right, but don't go around complaining that those blankety-blank businesses are violating your rights when they gave you exactly what you asked for.
Here's what I just said in the other thread about this.

You're preaching to the choir. For some reason many of you think I approve of OTC's tactics, I do not. I simply said they have done nothing illegal or violent and they have a right to protest how they see fit. You may be correct, maybe they are anti gun activists. Still doesn't change the fact that they have a right to protest. If someone has proof they are anti gunners then by all means get the truth out there and expose them. Now listen carefully, I do not think they are doing things correctly, however I do support their right to do it. You also have every right to tell the truth about them to whom ever will listen. Is that clear enough for everyone?

I'm not jumping on anybody's band wagon, his or yours. You don't like what he's doing or saying that's fine, go to Texas and confront him.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:36 PM   #240
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

My 2.5 cents worth on this issue,

If you live in an Open Carry area and you want to carry openly, then do so. But I do not think that anyone needs to openly carry a Long Gun into a business. I feel that it sends the wrong message. This is my opinion, I am not going to try to stop you unless that weapon comes off your shoulder in a threatening manner, then all bets are off.

I personally prefer to carry consealed. I am not trying to give the bad guy any advantage as to what he/she is facing should they choose to do something stupid.

The 2nd Amendment gives us the right to Keep and Bear Arms, but we should do it responsibly.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
People Like This