Open carry prohibited in California
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Open carry prohibited in California

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 215 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 101

Default Open carry prohibited in California

Governor Moonbeam signed AB144 last night, making it a misdemeanor to open carry an unloaded weapon anywhere in public in California. Just a FYI!

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- California Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a measure that bans the open carrying of handguns, his office announced Monday morning.

The law, AB144, makes it a misdemeanor to carry an exposed and unloaded gun in a public place.

Top state law enforcement officials supported the law. Opponents said the bill violates the public's Second Amendment rights.

Brown had more 100 bills to sign or veto before a midnight deadline.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-10-2011, 02:18 PM   #2
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

maybe they should just outlaw and ban STUPIDITY I mean carrying an UNloaded gun is just that.... but i guess if they oulawed stupidity that would outlaw 90% of that state...including legislature.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #3

its California, you are lucky to even have the ability to own firearms. let alone hope for an open carry. just thank the lord you dont have to live in Illinois. have to carry a card to show you have firearms, i dont know how you people live with yourself.

<Insert overused badass Latin phrase about war, or something>

Any one that hates the government is not always a terrorist. Any one for a better America is not always a patriot.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2115 Times on 1143 Posts
Likes Given: 3183

Yep, governor Moonbeam outlawed the open carry of unloaded weapons in CA. This is a gross violation of the Second Amendment rights of CA citizens.

Now do you want to know which CA governor set the stage for this action? It was Ronald Reagan, the so called "gunowners friend". In 1967 Reagan outlawed the carry of loaded weapons in the state of CA when he signed the Mulford Act into law.

BTW: Reagan's anti-gun shenanigans did not stop with the Mulford Act.
Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

Old 10-10-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 215 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
maybe they should just outlaw and ban STUPIDITY I mean carrying an UNloaded gun is just that.... but i guess if they oulawed stupidity that would outlaw 90% of that state...including legislature.
I agree 100%. Fortunately, having CCW privileges, this is something that really doesn't concern me.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5678 Times on 2965 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Yep, governor Moonbeam outlawed the open carry of unloaded weapons in CA. This is a gross violation of the Second Amendment rights of CA citizens.

Now do you want to know which CA governor set the stage for this action? It was Ronald Reagan, the so called "gunowners friend". In 1967 Reagan outlawed the carry of loaded weapons in the state of CA when he signed the Mulford Act into law.

BTW: Reagan's anti-gun shenanigans did not stop with the Mulford Act.
Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters
I agree reagan was a fiscal conservative and had the right stand on foriegn policy but he did more damage to liberty and freedom than any president in US history including obama.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-10-2011, 02:41 PM   #7
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliferrum View Post
its California, you are lucky to even have the ability to own firearms. let alone hope for an open carry. just thank the lord you dont have to live in Illinois. have to carry a card to show you have firearms, i dont know how you people live with yourself.

MI also has the FOID card as well...when the Fed tried to force it upon us here in the free state of IN we told 'em to pizz off...pizzed the Fed off something fierce and they withheld mucho $$$ and tossed in other sanctions as well.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #8
fmj

yeah, Reagan wasnt the golden boy everyone wants to hold him up as.

I wonder how many of those that think Reagan was so great actually know he was a Democrat in the liberal state of CA and changed to a Rep. so he could get elected as POTUS.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #9

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I agree reagan was a fiscal conservative and had the right stand on foriegn policy but he did more damage to liberty and freedom than any president in US history including obama.
Obama ain't done yet!!

Not trying to be a "Reagan apologist" or what the eff ever term people like to sling around when talking about Dems vs GOP. Just stating the obvious. I Don't remember Reagan, I was born in '84.

Still, Obama is up for reelection, and this term isn't over yet. So... literally, he isn't done yet.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
fmj

trip, see above.