Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Open carry prohibited in California (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/open-carry-prohibited-california-49591/)

havasu 10-10-2011 03:06 PM

Open carry prohibited in California

Governor Moonbeam signed AB144 last night, making it a misdemeanor to open carry an unloaded weapon anywhere in public in California. Just a FYI!

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- California Gov. Jerry Brown has signed a measure that bans the open carrying of handguns, his office announced Monday morning.

The law, AB144, makes it a misdemeanor to carry an exposed and unloaded gun in a public place.

Top state law enforcement officials supported the law. Opponents said the bill violates the public's Second Amendment rights.

Brown had more 100 bills to sign or veto before a midnight deadline.

fmj 10-10-2011 03:18 PM

maybe they should just outlaw and ban STUPIDITY I mean carrying an UNloaded gun is just that.... but i guess if they oulawed stupidity that would outlaw 90% of that state...including legislature.

Soliferrum 10-10-2011 03:20 PM

its California, you are lucky to even have the ability to own firearms. let alone hope for an open carry. just thank the lord you dont have to live in Illinois. have to carry a card to show you have firearms, i dont know how you people live with yourself.

alsaqr 10-10-2011 03:29 PM

Yep, governor Moonbeam outlawed the open carry of unloaded weapons in CA. This is a gross violation of the Second Amendment rights of CA citizens.

Now do you want to know which CA governor set the stage for this action? It was Ronald Reagan, the so called "gunowners friend". In 1967 Reagan outlawed the carry of loaded weapons in the state of CA when he signed the Mulford Act into law.

BTW: Reagan's anti-gun shenanigans did not stop with the Mulford Act.
Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

havasu 10-10-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmj (Post 597979)
maybe they should just outlaw and ban STUPIDITY I mean carrying an UNloaded gun is just that.... but i guess if they oulawed stupidity that would outlaw 90% of that state...including legislature.

I agree 100%. Fortunately, having CCW privileges, this is something that really doesn't concern me.

JonM 10-10-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alsaqr (Post 597989)
Yep, governor Moonbeam outlawed the open carry of unloaded weapons in CA. This is a gross violation of the Second Amendment rights of CA citizens.

Now do you want to know which CA governor set the stage for this action? It was Ronald Reagan, the so called "gunowners friend". In 1967 Reagan outlawed the carry of loaded weapons in the state of CA when he signed the Mulford Act into law.

BTW: Reagan's anti-gun shenanigans did not stop with the Mulford Act.
Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

I agree reagan was a fiscal conservative and had the right stand on foriegn policy but he did more damage to liberty and freedom than any president in US history including obama.

fmj 10-10-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soliferrum (Post 597980)
its California, you are lucky to even have the ability to own firearms. let alone hope for an open carry. just thank the lord you dont have to live in Illinois. have to carry a card to show you have firearms, i dont know how you people live with yourself.

MI also has the FOID card as well...when the Fed tried to force it upon us here in the free state of IN we told 'em to pizz off...pizzed the Fed off something fierce and they withheld mucho $$$ and tossed in other sanctions as well.

fmj 10-10-2011 03:43 PM

yeah, Reagan wasnt the golden boy everyone wants to hold him up as.

I wonder how many of those that think Reagan was so great actually know he was a Democrat in the liberal state of CA and changed to a Rep. so he could get elected as POTUS.

trip286 10-10-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 597997)
I agree reagan was a fiscal conservative and had the right stand on foriegn policy but he did more damage to liberty and freedom than any president in US history including obama.

Obama ain't done yet!!

Not trying to be a "Reagan apologist" or what the eff ever term people like to sling around when talking about Dems vs GOP. Just stating the obvious. I Don't remember Reagan, I was born in '84.

Still, Obama is up for reelection, and this term isn't over yet. So... literally, he isn't done yet.

fmj 10-10-2011 03:44 PM

trip, see above.