Open carry and dirty cops - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Open carry and dirty cops

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 03:59 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Wow man,,Sorry clip11. You're thread has spun out of control

I don't know what to tell you. I understand that you want to exorcise your right under the law in your state. If you choose to do so just make sure you have all your ducks in a row. In case one of the LEO that stops you has the mind set of an idiot that stereotypes people in a negative manner. I do wish you luck. I personally see no problem with open carry. If more people thought that way things would not be so crazy maybe. The Constitutional carry actually makes even more sense but I don't see that happening anywhere else any time soon.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-15-2010, 06:11 AM   #32

It makes me sick that people get freaked out by those open carrying. When will society realize they have nothing to fear by open carrying legal citizens? It's the scumbag, gang-banger with his rusty pistol, concealed perfectly in his baggy jeans that I am worried about.

Just a couple bug guns.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeB1987 View Post
This thread is getting out of hand. BigO01 you are entitled to you opinion, but god damn it... thats enough. We don't all share your view that every black man is pushing crack and has another's blood on their hands.

Your assumptions are rediculious, and unfounded. I would like to see your 'statistics' source. In any case, good for you for having your opinion, but we've already heard it.
JoeB1987 if you're going to speak to and about me learn to read and make accurate quotes I Never said
Quote:
"that every black man is pushing crack and has another's blood on their hands" .
AND I didn't bring up the fictional subject of "Young Black Martyrs" robocop10mm did and as far as my sources have you ever tried watching NATIONAL NEWS PROGRAMS ??

I have , and drugs and crime in the "black community" has been of epic proportions in America for decades ACCORDING TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT NOT ME !!
Try watching and listening to the many NATIONAL programs that have aired and stories in papers and magazines since the 80s regarding these problems .

Didn't you see then Presidents BUSHES NATIONAL ADDRESS REGARDING COACAIN IN THE LATE 80's and him holding a bag of it reportedly sold across the street from the White House to an undercover cop ??!!!

Wanna Talk about a HERO OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT ??
How about Rosa Parks who found National fame refusing to give a white Man her Seat on a bus back in the 60's . Would you like to know how she died ? SHE WAS MURDERED BY HER OWN GRANDSON ROBBING HER OF WHAT LITTLE CASH SHE HAD , SO MUCH FOR BLACK PRIDE bla bla bla .!!! She passed down so much pride in her own family that one of them killed her for next to nothing !! Don't believe it ? I couldn't care less it is a FACT SO CHEW ON IT !!

Ever hear of Bill Cosby the BLACK ACTOR/COMEDIAN ? Did you know his BLACK SON was murdered by another black man while changing a tire ? Why because he wanted to steal his car or did I make up the term "car jacking" too ??
Maybe if you watched major National programs you would know HE HAS SPOKEN ABOUTH THESE VERY PROBLEMS FOR YEARS !!!

JoeB1987 You don't need to share opinions with anyone but it would sure be nice if you were informed in facts regarding something before you start shooting your mouth off , or even being able to understand what someone said would be refreshing !!

Old 06-17-2010, 01:30 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
JoeB1987 if you're going to speak to and about me learn to read and make accurate quotes
Sorry, but I didn't see a quote anywhere in my post? I believe the word you're looking for is insinuating.

Quote:
I didn't bring up the fictional subject of "Young Black Martyrs" robocop10mm did and as far as my sources have you ever tried watching NATIONAL NEWS PROGRAMS ??
I am quite aware of national news programs, however this is television. Its hard to take anything that comes across in any television program as a fact, be it 'news' or not. Fortune 500 companies control the stations and broadcast studios. They are a unreliable source of information because they are structured around profit. PBS and NPR would be the only moral and unbiased news you would find on the air.

Quote:
...I have , and drugs and crime in the "black community" has been of epic proportions in America for decades ACCORDING TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT NOT ME !!
Again, I request a link to where you have obtained these statistics. Most importantly the information that points out that drugs and crime aren't as prevalent in communities consisting of individuals of ethnic backgrounds other then black. Your words are only as credible as your source, Big. Put your money where your mouth is.

Quote:
Try watching and listening to the many NATIONAL programs that have aired and stories in papers and magazines since the 80s regarding these problems.

Quote:
Didn't you see then Presidents BUSHES NATIONAL ADDRESS REGARDING COACAIN IN THE LATE 80's and him holding a bag of it reportedly sold across the street from the White House to an undercover cop ??!!!
Actually, I'm quite familiar with that ordeal. The case was 'United States vs. Keith Jackson', the high school student lured by DEA agents to set up a deal across the street from the white house in Lafayette Park right? He was acquitted of the charge. Try again.

Quote:
Wanna Talk about a HERO OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT ?? How about Rosa Parks who found National fame refusing to give a white Man her Seat on a bus back in the 60's . Would you like to know how she died ? SHE WAS MURDERED BY HER OWN GRANDSON ROBBING HER OF WHAT LITTLE CASH SHE HAD , SO MUCH FOR BLACK PRIDE bla bla bla .!!! She passed down so much pride in her own family that one of them killed her for next to nothing !! Don't believe it ? I couldn't care less it is a FACT SO CHEW ON IT !!
Again, please show me the credible sources behind your 'facts' (I use that term extremely loosely.) What another weird coincidence... My research on your 'national news networks' reveal...

According to MSNBC:
'In 1994, Mrs. Parks’ home was invaded by a 28-year-old man who beat her and took $53. She was treated at a hospital and released. The man, Joseph Skipper, pleaded guilty, blaming the crime on his drug problem.'
Full Article

She died at the age of 92 (on October 24, 2005, about 7:00PM EDT) in her Detroit home due to a severe case of dementia that eventually progressed to the point of destroying the regions of the brain that control basic bodily functions such as heartbeat, and the regulation of one's breathing.

If I'm doing my math right, her death happened 11 years after the home invasion/theft.

Quote:
Ever hear of Bill Cosby the BLACK ACTOR/COMEDIAN ? Did you know his BLACK SON was murdered by another black man while changing a tire ? Why because he wanted to steal his car or did I make up the term "car jacking" too ??

Maybe if you watched major National programs you would know HE HAS SPOKEN ABOUTH THESE VERY PROBLEMS FOR YEARS !!!
Maybe reporting the news/facts just isn't your greatest gift BigO01...

According to CNN:
'LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- The only son of entertainer Bill Cosby was found shot to death early Thursday morning lying next to his car, which was parked along a major freeway in the affluent Bel Air area of Los Angeles.

Police said they were seeking a white male suspect.'

Full Article

Bigo01, in your very own words:
Quote:
You don't need to share opinions with anyone, but it would sure be nice if you were informed in (your) facts regarding something before you start shooting your mouth off!
Have a nice day. Remember to read books, not burn them. Your opinion is not fact, Troll.

Last edited by JoeB1987; 06-17-2010 at 01:55 AM.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:52 AM   #35

Clip11, sorry for going on a rant on your thread dude, but bigots are my pet peeve, and I love proving them wrong.

Unfortunately because uniformed people such as this make up a portion of the Detroit police, there is nothing you can do about open carry. As I said, move out to the more rural western areas of Michigan. People will be more accepting in these parts.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:45 AM   #36

Well then I would like to say my 2 cents also after reading so many posts. I think that first thing we should consider is the fact that clip11 wants to carry open in Detroit not in the whole USA. So let's analize the city of Detroit. Why would the cops stop him a young black male carring a gun? probably because that area has an extremely high number of violent crimes and because it is populated by a large percentage of blacks and because the large number of offenders, again in this area specifically, is black, then as a police officer I would bet on the odds and consider the young black male a possible threat to others untill I would have discovered otherwise. Is this profiling? Maybe. I don't know however, considering the odds there, I would rather be safe then sorry. Would I infringe on the black young male rights? I don't think so if, after having accertain that he is a honest citizen, I would let him go. But think of the reverse. What if this young black male is part of that above average group of youngsters that rob and kills honest citizen? How would the widow of that business man feel like knowing that I did not approach the guy that killed her husband simply because I feared that he was a black man and did not want to profile or, more true to the thread, because he had the right to carry openly? It is not just about carring open but also about the whole picture. Want to carry open do it in safer neighborhoods, or in area's where you are not and cannot be thought as part of the problem. I am all for citizens rights but lets also try to be considered to those that are out there trying to protect all of us including those that think that they can take care of themselves. Why can't you just get a carry permit and make things easier on everyone involved? I don't mean to offend anyone, just trying to point out that this is not a perfect world and we must consider all the angles when planning to do something that might result in a disaster even if we are right. After all I think I have a right to sleep in my house with the door open but I don't because I am smarter then that, and yet shouldn't that be my right?

e fluctibus irruit in hostem

Comsubin for ever!!!!

Last edited by comsubin61; 06-18-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
Why can't you just get a carry permit and make things easier on everyone involved? I don't mean to offend anyone, just trying to point out that this is not a perfect world and we must consider all the angles when planning to do something that might result in a disaster even if we are right. After all I think I have a right to sleep in my house with the door open but I don't because I am smarter then that, and yet shouldn't that be my right?
Well said. I remind myself of this when I pull my shirt over my pistol as opposed to leaving it OC style. Yeah, I have the right... but there are a lot of times I don't want the attention.

Get your concealed permit and be done. GL

Old 06-17-2010, 03:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by comsubin61 View Post
Well then I would like to say my 2 cents also after reading so many posts. I think that first we should consider the fact that clip11 wants to carry open in Detroit not in the whole USA. So let's analize the city of Detroit. Why would the cops stop him a young black male carring a gun? probably because that area has an extremely high number of violent crimes and because it is populated by a large percentage of blacks and because the large number of offenders, again in this area specifically, is black, then as a police officer I would bet on the odds and consider the young black male a possible threat to others untill I would have discovered otherwise. Is this profiling? Maybe. I don't know however, considering the odds there, I would rather be safe then sorry. Would I infringe on the black young male rights? I don't think so if, after having accertain that he is a honest citizen, I would let him go. But think of the reverse. What if this young black male is part of that above average group of youngsters that rob and kills honest citizen? How would the widow of that business man feel like knowing that I did not approach the guy that killed her husband simply because I feared that he was a black man and did not want to profile or, more true to the thread, because he had the right to carry openly? It is not just about carring open but also about the whole picture. Want to carry open do it in safer neighborhoods, or in area's where you are not and cannot be thought as part of the problem. I am all for citizens rights but lets also try to be considered to those that are out there trying to protect all of us including those that think that they can take care of themselves. Why can't you just get a carry permit and make things easier on everyone involved? I don't mean to offend anyone, just trying to point out that this is not a perfect world and we must consider all the angles when planning to do something that might result in a disaster even if we are right. After all I think I have a right to sleep in my house with the door open but I don't because I am smarter then that, and yet shouldn't that be my right?
Well I have to be honest, I have to wait 8 years before I can get a cpl here in Michigan. I have considered getting one from a state that grants to nonresidents, but that will only allow me to carry concealed in that state and in the states they reciprocate with, but not in MI because I am a resident.

The beginning of last year, I was going to a liquor store about 11 or 12 at night to pick up a few items. The area is a pretty bad area known for robberies and such. I took a pistol that I normally kept at home and put it in my coat. At that time I didnt know about open carry. Long story short, the cops caught me with the gun concealed. The felony got dropped to a misdemeanor.

It really struck a nerve with me because all I was doing was carrying for self defense, a right guaranteed by both the Michigan and U.S. constitution. But because I didnt have a government issued permission slip, I committed a felony. Now I know some people may say "Hey you did it to yourself, you should've obeyed the law" and maybe I should. It sucks, but until things change, this is the way it is.

And i hate to see when someone who is carrying for self defense have their rights violated and become a felon for exercising their rights. It's wrong and unfair. I can still legally own a gun and I can open carry, but because of the law, I cant conceal carry in this state for 8 years. So here, I wouldnt be able to get a CPL until 2017 or 2018 depending on where they start counting from.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:27 PM   #39

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

If you had a penchant for going out to liquor stores in bad areas of town late at night - why didn't you already have a permit? Just asking...

Old 06-17-2010, 08:32 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
If you had a penchant for going out to liquor stores in bad areas of town late at night - why didn't you already have a permit? Just asking...
It was for convienience sake, it was close to the house. At the time I had planned on going thru the class, but my money was short. And then I still had to pay the state. So all in all I needed a little over $200.