Open carry and dirty cops - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Open carry and dirty cops

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

clip11, Robo gave you great advice. If you intend to push the envelope and "demand" your rights - keep a lawyer on retainer and bail money handy as you'll need it...

Old 06-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #22

Liked 176 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 44

You do have the right to carry,even the Michigan state police website has this listed on the faq's

1. Is it legal to carry a visible pistol in public?

Although MCL 750.227 restricts carrying a pistol concealed on your person or in a vehicle, there is no statute that specifically prohibits carrying a visible pistol. MCL 750.234d states that you cannot possess any firearm in a depository financial institution, a church or other house of religious worship, court, theatre, sports arena, day care center, hospital or an establishment licensed under the Michigan liquor control act, unless that possession is with the permission of the owner or his/her agent of the entity.

They are obviously talking about non CPL(ccw)holders on MCL 750.227 because a CCW holder may carry concealed or in a vehicle.

If you aren't in a bank,church,theatre,sports arena,court,day care,hospital,or a place licensed under Michigan liquor control act,and it's not listed,but I believe a school also,you should be legal.Basically,gas stations that sell liquor may be illegal,and most grocery stores sell liquor too,so that is probably out-exept Walmart don't sell liquor so that should be legal.There are so many places you cannot open carry without a CPL it's not funny,but if you want to take a walk down the street and don't go in any of the businesses and parking lots of what's listed,it's legal-but you can see that don't leave many places you can carry-walking down the road or going in the woods,and maybe Walmart.They really want to discourage us.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 06-14-2010, 08:16 PM   #23

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

I'm still hung up on the felony charge for bearing arms concealed.

The problem of crime in Detroit was caused by government,now to 'fix' the problem government wants total control of our inalienable rights......

Any one of our Founders,if alive today,would be aghast at the current situation in Detroit.

I do not blame cops for this situation.They should know better,but they still have to work with the reality at hand.

Clip,brother-you need to move man.

"Vote with your feet" as Reagan would say.

When Detroit is deserted except for the criminals and the criminal politicians,God willing they'll wipe each other out.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 06-14-2010, 08:27 PM   #24

Detroit has significant problems. The police are out gunned, out manned, and under paid. I have a friend that is a Det police officer and he has been shot more than once in the last year.

I recommend getting your CPL. Then you can open carry/concealed carry as you see fit. Open carry is a big fight in Michigan and there have been a few lawsuits because of it. But I would rather carry concealed (and I do) then to make myself a target. You can't argue a bad shoot by LE from the grave.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #25

Quote:
Detroit has significant problems. The police are out gunned, out manned, and under paid.
The problems are far more complex and wont even begin to be addressed until it is done on a nationwide basis because it started on a nationwide basis decades ago . If only a small percentage of the country punishes the criminals as they should be they eventually catch on that all they need to do is leave that area and go where they can get away with their BS .

The Left wing bleeding hearts started this whole cycle of problems by wanting to understand criminals and treating them like little lost children that all one had to do was "Help" and they would behave and not commit crimes when in fact the majority of them know damn good and well what they are doing and enjoy it even when it comes to inflicting pain and causing death for no reason other then their own sadistic pleasure .

Many simply think that things will improve by handing cops more modern combat oriented guns "Starting with the switch from revolvers to semiautos which didn't work at all so the stupid answer is too give them more guns or guns that hold more ammo and shoot faster so they can miss their target more rather than hitting it , but then God forbid if the scumbags should get shot ." and giving them a pay raise , when if this is done who do you think will be the first civil servents laid off when the Politians start running out of money to steal ?

Take a look at the whole mess in the state of Illinous as a good example of what a mess the Libs have made of that place , especialy the nothern section . They're looking at cutting back on cops , prison budgets etc . and more and more early release for criminals due to all the problems their wrong headed BS they have pulled for decades and all the crime they now have along with massive budget problems due to free giveaways left and right of the taxpayers money to illegals and other trash while the same taxpayer has to live in constant fear of the animals that control the major cities like Chicago .

Quote:
Haven't we had enough young black martyrs in the last 50 years?
How so ? A martyr is defined as
Quote:
: a person who sacrifices something of great value and especially life itself for the sake of principle
Most of the black men who have died in America in the last 50 years have done so in the commision of violent crimes usually involved with drugs and they were black on black crimes fighting over who controls an area to sell their drugs so how does that make them martyrs ?

Back in LA in the whole Rodney King rioting crap they killed something like 50 people the vast majority of which were black men . How does murdering a Black man prove the point that white cops beating a black man is raciism and it needs to end ? How was looting , robbing and destroying all of those private businesses examples of the rioters making sacrafices for anything ?
All they did was to prove what animals they "the rioters not blacks as a race as many of them were of other colors/races other than black" are and that they should be shot dead .

Last edited by BigO01; 06-14-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #26

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

IMHO, I find the title of this thread repulsive...

Old 06-14-2010, 10:35 PM   #27

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Exclamation Open carry??

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
If I am wrongly arrested for open carry, could I have a lawsuit against the city?
To start with Clip, I am strongly opposed to any profiling/be it by race or otherwise. We ALL do have rights.
With that said, I think that a person is less than smart to open carry in rough neighborhoods, where the bad guys roam in gangs. It is very likely that a bad guy will keep your attention while his buddies get the jump on you and then they have another free/stolen gun to their war chest.
In my opinion-surprise is the key to handgun carry. If you can not get a CCW permit, then I would not open carry in those "Hoods"
Just my 2 cents worth...Bill...

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 06-15-2010, 12:51 AM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2738 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Big01...I am really worrying about you. What the hell makes you think I would consider a person killed while comitting a crime a martyr. I was thinking about the people who died in the civil rights struggle from the late 50's to present times. The MLK's if you will. To even mention Rodney dumbass King in the same post makes my stomach turn.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-15-2010, 02:15 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Big01...I am really worrying about you. What the hell makes you think I would consider a person killed while comitting a crime a martyr. I was thinking about the people who died in the civil rights struggle from the late 50's to present times. The MLK's if you will. To even mention Rodney dumbass King in the same post makes my stomach turn.
You're worried about me ?

I strongly suggest thet you better brush up on the facts as to how most young blacks have died in THE LAST FIFTY YEARS IN AMERICA .

The number of those killed while fighting for civil rights compared to those killed while committing crimes would be a miniscule number in comparison to a huge number .

Hell just in any one of several major cities like Chicago , LA , St . Louis , NY the number of those killed in drive bys would far outnumber the total of those for any number that could ever be confirmed for even the number of blacks killed by known racists like the KKK in over a hundred years .

I would bet that just in one decade like the 80's for one city such as LA the number of blacks killed by blacks would make the number of blacks killed in the entire Civil rights movement look like a joke !!!

Do you realy think that People marched for the Right for blacks to live on Welfare and walk around with their pants hanging off of their Butts and kill each other over "Tuff Wars" to see who can sell their crack cocaine where they want to ?

clip11's problems don't stem from the fact that white Cops think he is a "Trouble maker" like Civil rights marchers loooking to end segragation they will go after him because they will figure he is just another drug dealing POS who is about to kill someone over drugs and just so you know statistically that would be a young black man he would kill !!

Old 06-15-2010, 03:21 AM   #30

Thumbs down Wtf?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
...they will figure he is just another drug dealing POS who is about to kill someone over drugs and just so you know statistically that would be a young black man he would kill !!
This thread is getting out of hand. BigO01 you are entitled to you opinion, but god damn it... thats enough. We don't all share your view that every black man is pushing crack and has another's blood on their hands.

Your assumptions are rediculious, and unfounded. I would like to see your 'statistics' source. In any case, good for you for having your opinion, but we've already heard it.

Last edited by JoeB1987; 06-15-2010 at 03:23 AM.