Open Carry 4th of July OLD FAITHFUL, Yellowstone!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Open Carry 4th of July OLD FAITHFUL, Yellowstone!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Open Carry 4th of July OLD FAITHFUL, Yellowstone!

Open Carry 4th July YNP Old Faithful High Noon

Celebrate the 4th of July - Independence Day !
Yellowstone National Park
The Board Walk around Old Faithful (Wyoming Laws Apply at Old Faithful) Start Time: High Noon 4th of July 2010 Open Carry of Firearms (Handgun and/or Rifle and/or Shotgun)

A Right "not" Exercised is a Right "lost".

Watch Old Faithful Geyser erupt, make new friends, visit with others with similar interest(s), etc

Note(s):

1. Yellowstone National Park is in 3 States Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. Mostly, Wyoming.

2. This is an informal, non-sponsored, and no host individual celebration of the Independence Day - the 4 of July. Each and every person is totally (100%)responsible for themselves including transportation, food, drink, lodging, clothing, medical, dental, etc

3. Weather can be cold and rainy even snowy in Yellowstone National Park on the 4th of July - plan accordingly.

4. State of Wyoming Laws and National Park Service Rules (any questions contact Your Personal Attorney, Attorney General Office State of Wyoming, and Yellowstone National Park Service)

http://www.whp.dot.state.wy.us/wydot/public_relations/concealed_car ry/concealed_faq

attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/dci/pdf/6-8-104With2010Aammendme nt.pdf

attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/dci/statuteConcealedFirearms.htm

Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Yellowstone National Park - News (U.S. National Park Service)

Yellowstone National Park - Laws & Policies (U.S. National Park Service)

Yellowstone National Park - New Federal Firearms Law Takes Effect Monday (U.S. National Park Service)

WYOMING:

Open Carry Allowed
Handgun = Yes
Rifle = Yes
In Vehicle = Yes
Age Requirement = None

The above information is just an example of the information contained on this web site(s), suggest you read and study all web site information indepth and consult with Your Personal Attorney.

5. Suggest, you print and keep copies of this e-mail and web site(s) information for future reference and use on your travels.

Point of Contact:
Tim Ravndal
PO Box 287
Townsend Montana 59644
406-266-5212 or 406-439-5860
thornyacre@dishmail.net

"The prohibition is general. No clause in the Constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give to Congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretense by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both." [William Rawle, A View of the Constitution 125-6 (2nd ed. 1829)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I'm all for a display of pro-2A. I do have to ask if this is the best place? Let me explain.

Old Faithful is a huge tourist attraction, but for families. It is not a place that the media frequents, or at least a large volume of media with a huge viewership. It seems to me that the earthy parents and thier kids will be the only ones viewing the display. The 4th of July is a huge travel holiday where folks make long treks with children of all ages in tow. It is also a far away place in a vast area where people visiting are looking for a get away of sorts from the hustle and bustle of the daily grind.

I am most likely being overly critical and cautious, but I envision a bunch of horrified tourists and their children not used to seeing a firearm being carried by anyone other than the police and forrest rangers. I can see several hippie types telling the media how a bunch of right-wing extremists invaded the park and scared their kids with their evil guns. Is this really what we need in a display of pro-2A? It seems that the plan is for shock value.

A cookout on the State Capitol lawn with open carrying citizens seems more like a display of gun rights rather than looking to get attention by scaring a bunch of out-of-state tourists who have travelled from afar and a long planned family vacation.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Yup, this one will give us damaging headlines for weeks & months...

Old 05-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
I'm all for a display of pro-2A. I do have to ask if this is the best place? Let me explain.
Maybe some explanatory & matching Tshirts could be helpful for those OCing? Maybe something like "i am not a terrorist, just a patriot exercising a constitutional right, please do not be afraid, & no i can't let you play with it".

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Maybe some explanatory & matching Tshirts could be helpful for those OCing? Maybe something like "i am not a terrorist, just a patriot exercising a constitutional right, please do not be afraid, & no i can't let you play with it".
I wear that shirt every day...at least the "No, I can't let you play with it" shirt.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #6

Liked 1839 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

I have to agree. Scaring people with their children is not what I am about. I think it is a great idea. But perhaps a different location would be better.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #7

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Of course, this is in Yellowstone on a big holiday. I can see the headlines now:

Five People Carrying Guns Scare a Birkenstock Convention

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-21-2010, 01:43 AM   #8

delete . . . . !

Last edited by Kimber45; 05-21-2010 at 02:26 AM.

Old 05-21-2010, 04:41 AM   #9
TOF

Tourists are not scared by openly carried guns in the wild wild west. It happens everyday in various parts of Arizona. You are envisioning a non problem.

America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I haven't been to Yellowstone in years...the wife has never been and this makes me want to take her. I won't be open carrying though.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer