Open carrier in California being harrassed by cops - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Open carrier in California being harrassed by cops

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 02:49 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

I guess if you lived here in Ca. you would be walking around with an unloaded firearm our hip screaming about how unconstitutional it is for law enforcement to ensure public safety by checking out you and your weapon.

And NO, I do not wish to see anyone committed that does not deserve it and I would trash no ones rights, EVER. All I'm saying is that along with the right to exercise your rights comes the need to exercise personal responsibility.

It appears you and I will never sway each others opinion so we should respectfully agree to disagree. Tennessee and Ca. are like different planets compared to each other and without you living this Ca. experience, its not fair for me to expect you to understand.

My friend, I know we will meet here again in the future and I look forward to healthy debate. And welcome to FTF.

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 10-25-2011, 03:09 AM   #22

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
+1

He's as nutty at that guy in TN who openly carried the AK-47 pistol and got his concealed carry license revoked.
I

Laughed

My

Ass

Off

!!!!!

Old 10-25-2011, 03:16 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 511 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Open carry will be illegal on 1/1/12. Gov. Moonbeam Brown signed it a little over a week or so ago.

As a 30+ year resident of California, I can state categorically that the State has gone downhill at near light speed. Our 2A rights as well as many other rights are trod upon daily.

When we moved out of Sacramento, I wanted to move out of California and back to America, but unfortunately, this is where my wife is happy.

Would I open carry? Not on your life. I worked in the 'hood my last five years there and somebody would snatch that gun in a New York minute. The real bad guys don't care about anybody's "rights". Go ahead and argue with some crackhead about "rights". The discussion may wind up fatal.

A benefit of moving to a rural town is that I now have my Concealed Carry permit.

Kwikrnu, relax a bit before you piss off too many people here.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.Samuel Adams

Old 10-25-2011, 03:44 AM   #24

But blaze-orange-painted Draco pistols will set us free, eh?

Old 10-25-2011, 04:00 AM   #25

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
There is no federal prohibition on the color of a firearm. I say choose your color, except in California and a couple of other places. If you like black by all means carry a black gun. If you like shiny nickel plated carry that. Some people like the pink ones, I happen to enjoy all guns of all colors. I'm not sure what hacopien likes, but he seems comfortable with it. The color or appearance of a firearm or ammunition does not make it any more or less dangerous to the person on the receiving end. If hacopien carried a pink gun would the cops
harrass him because it is a feminine in appearance? Would they leave him alone? I only know that either way the firearm is carried lawfully and he should not be harrassed.
The same goes for his appearance. Do the cops harrass him because he looks hispanic? Do they harrass him because he is large? Because he wears flip flops? Because he ________(fill in the blank)? It doesn't matter. He should not be detained unless there is RAS or PC that he committed a crime.

Is this the name of the guy in the videos? All trolling aside, I didn't catch his handle, and you've referred to this name several times.

Old 10-25-2011, 04:57 AM   #26

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

As you can see. The citizens of California vote for these laws. California Liberals feel safe in a Police state. The state is a run down broke liberal mess.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:08 AM   #27

Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Yanno, the sovereign state of Kalifornia isn't the only state upon

which the sun shines.

If you don't want to try to change the laws there, then vote with your

feet and wallet, and move somewhere else, and spend all your money

there.

You have to decide your own priorities in life, and if RKBA is going

to take a back seat to staying in a state of repression, just suck it

up! Gawd...

Old 10-25-2011, 05:12 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikrnu View Post
There is no federal prohibition on the color of a firearm.
A great many foolish things are not illegal.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:49 AM   #29
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Some cops are power-crazed idiots who think they're above the law. Many aren't like that.

This thread brought up some questions in my head. Maybe some folks here can help answer them.

The constitution is the supreme law of the land. The Supremacy Clause establishes that. In light of discussions in other threads on a proposed U.N. gun-ban treaty, it became clear that a treaty is just another federal law and is the supreme law of the land, but like any other federal law it cannot supersede or contravene the constitution itself. That is, the feds couldn't pass a sweeping gun ban without amending the constitution to nullify 2A.

If the state of Maine were to establish a treaty with Canada, the feds would be all over that in a heartbeat, citing that only the federal government (the president and senate) may establish treaties with other nations.

Here are my questions.

1) If the constitution is the supreme law of the land and 2A is explicit and clear, why are any state laws banning, limiting or requiring the registration of firearms legal?

2) Why is the concept of "incorporation" of the Bill of Rights against the states necessary if it is already the supreme law of the land?

3) Have state laws around arms been challenged using the Supremacy Clause as leverage? If so, why were they not successful and what is to stop other portions of the constitution from being ignored at the state level? If not, why not?

Old 10-25-2011, 12:32 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Is this the name of the guy in the videos? All trolling aside, I didn't catch his handle, and you've referred to this name several times.
Yes, and if you Google "Hacopien open carry" without the " " you'll find several links to articles and discussions on other forums.

Closed Thread