One more example of why Illinois needs Concealed Carry
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > One more example of why Illinois needs Concealed Carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 02:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Default One more example of why Illinois needs Concealed Carry

Just had a local LEO knock on my door (9:00pm at night) and asked several questions. Apparently, 4 young black males setup a meeting on craigslist in order to complete a transaction for a purchase...they showed up and robbed the seller with...get this...a golf club.

They met on neutral ground, a spot right behind my house (I was asleep on the couch when it happened apparently) and 3 of them ran through my back yard (so the LEO tells me)

Big wake up call for me, as I had left the back door unlocked after I let my dog out.

All of this would have ended abruptly with a concealed carry law on the books. That man would still have his possession, dignity, and pride, and those YBMs would have their just desserts.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-17-2012, 02:58 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Glad everything turned out OK.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Well, sounds like Sillinoise will be banning golf clubs next!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1722 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 3649

Yeah, those darn evil golf clubs.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1860 Times on 1010 Posts
Likes Given: 569

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
Yeah, those darn evil golf clubs.
They dont call the the Wicked Sticks for nothing.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 01-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
Just had a local LEO knock on my door (9:00pm at night) and asked several questions. Apparently, 4 young black males setup a meeting on craigslist in order to complete a transaction for a purchase...they showed up and robbed the seller with...get this...a golf club.

They met on neutral ground, a spot right behind my house (I was asleep on the couch when it happened apparently) and 3 of them ran through my back yard (so the LEO tells me)

Big wake up call for me, as I had left the back door unlocked after I let my dog out.

All of this would have ended abruptly with a concealed carry law on the books. That man would still have his possession, dignity, and pride, and those YBMs would have their just desserts.

Just having the law on the books wouldn't have changed anything unless the victim took advantage of the law and had his permit AND was carrying at the time.

.....so? Now what are YOU going to do about protecting yourself against possible bad guys running through your living room while you're napping?

Old 01-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #7

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

The German Shepherds would discourage most from getting out of hand!

Old 01-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
The German Shepherds would discourage most from getting out of hand!
Its almost amazing the berth "the natives" give this place thanks to the 100 lb lab that owns this place....unless their new to the hood, then they get educated like the rest.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #9

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimKS View Post
Now what are YOU going to do about protecting yourself against possible bad guys running through your living room while you're napping?
lol touche'...my couch has a middle console that folds down with a hidden storage pocket under it where I keep my pk380

(i don't have children, it's just me, my wife, and our dogs, so i dont have to worry about where I keep it)

I have a gun hidden in every room of my house (and several in the "gun room" lol) so im always prepared (or at least hope to be)

Old 01-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
That man would still have his possession, dignity, and pride,
All they took was his possession, if he has no dignity or pride after this event he had none to start with.

Last edited by MidnightExpress; 01-17-2012 at 05:51 PM.