Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   One more example of why Illinois needs Concealed Carry (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/one-more-example-why-illinois-needs-concealed-carry-55646/)

PrimePorkchop 01-17-2012 02:40 AM

One more example of why Illinois needs Concealed Carry

Just had a local LEO knock on my door (9:00pm at night) and asked several questions. Apparently, 4 young black males setup a meeting on craigslist in order to complete a transaction for a purchase...they showed up and robbed the seller with...get this...a golf club.

They met on neutral ground, a spot right behind my house (I was asleep on the couch when it happened apparently) and 3 of them ran through my back yard (so the LEO tells me)

Big wake up call for me, as I had left the back door unlocked after I let my dog out.

All of this would have ended abruptly with a concealed carry law on the books. That man would still have his possession, dignity, and pride, and those YBMs would have their just desserts.

Paladin201 01-17-2012 02:58 AM

Glad everything turned out OK.

fmj 01-17-2012 11:07 AM

Well, sounds like Sillinoise will be banning golf clubs next!

towboater 01-17-2012 12:44 PM

Yeah, those darn evil golf clubs.

JTJ 01-17-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towboater (Post 679686)
Yeah, those darn evil golf clubs.

They dont call the the Wicked Sticks for nothing.:D

TimKS 01-17-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop (Post 679459)
Just had a local LEO knock on my door (9:00pm at night) and asked several questions. Apparently, 4 young black males setup a meeting on craigslist in order to complete a transaction for a purchase...they showed up and robbed the seller with...get this...a golf club.

They met on neutral ground, a spot right behind my house (I was asleep on the couch when it happened apparently) and 3 of them ran through my back yard (so the LEO tells me)

Big wake up call for me, as I had left the back door unlocked after I let my dog out.

All of this would have ended abruptly with a concealed carry law on the books. That man would still have his possession, dignity, and pride, and those YBMs would have their just desserts.

Just having the law on the books wouldn't have changed anything unless the victim took advantage of the law and had his permit AND was carrying at the time. ;)

.....so? Now what are YOU going to do about protecting yourself against possible bad guys running through your living room while you're napping? :eek:

gwk4667 01-17-2012 03:21 PM

The German Shepherds would discourage most from getting out of hand!

fmj 01-17-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwk4667 (Post 679780)
The German Shepherds would discourage most from getting out of hand!

Its almost amazing the berth "the natives" give this place thanks to the 100 lb lab that owns this place....unless their new to the hood, then they get educated like the rest.;)

PrimePorkchop 01-17-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimKS (Post 679738)
Now what are YOU going to do about protecting yourself against possible bad guys running through your living room while you're napping?

lol touche'...my couch has a middle console that folds down with a hidden storage pocket under it where I keep my pk380

(i don't have children, it's just me, my wife, and our dogs, so i dont have to worry about where I keep it)

I have a gun hidden in every room of my house (and several in the "gun room" lol) so im always prepared (or at least hope to be)

MidnightExpress 01-17-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop (Post 679459)
That man would still have his possession, dignity, and pride,

All they took was his possession, if he has no dignity or pride after this event he had none to start with.