One million moms 4 gun control

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > One million moms 4 gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Default One million moms 4 gun control

I signed up on the site out of curiosity, and so i could post comments (bring a different point of view to the conversation)...not possible... All my posts are deleted almost instantly. They are not intrested in a "conversation" or debate of any kind. The moms on there ignorant-ditzy-dingbats. They are an angry / unstable bunch, its probably a good thing they dont have guns. And no where near a million members-554. The people we have sent to federal/state/local govt to represent us need to be careful, and not get caught up with all the anti-gun hoopla. In a few weeks the media will have moved on to something else, back to global warming, or jay-lo, or unions, or gay marriage, or who knows what. If they throw the 2nd amendment and our rights/freedoms under the bus in the next few months, WE WONT FORGET. In 2014/2016 when they are running for re-election, the anti-gunners will have moved on, and be no where in sight. WE WILL BE THERE. Copy this to your elected officials, THEY NEED TO KNOW.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
I signed up on the site out of curiosity, and so i could post comments (bring a different point of view to the conversation)...not possible... All my posts are deleted almost instantly. They are not intrested in a "conversation" or debate of any kind. The moms on there ignorant-ditzy-dingbats. They are an angry / unstable bunch, its probably a good thing they dont have guns. And no where near a million members-554. The people we have sent to federal/state/local govt to represent us need to be careful, and not get caught up with all the anti-gun hoopla. In a few weeks the media will have moved on to something else, back to global warming, or jay-lo, or unions, or gay marriage, or who knows what. If they throw the 2nd amendment and our rights/freedoms under the bus in the next few months, WE WONT FORGET. In 2014/2016 when they are running for re-election, the anti-gunners will have moved on, and be no where in sight. WE WILL BE THERE. Copy this to your elected officials, THEY NEED TO KNOW.
That about sums up the national "conversation" on gun control..."all you pro gun baby killers STFU and listen to what we have to say."

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

People Like This 
Old 12-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #3

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

That about sums up the national "conversation" on gun control..."all you pro gun baby killers STFU and listen to what we have to say."
You welcome jpyle.

Only the dead will know the end of war - Plato

Old 12-27-2012, 12:55 AM   #4

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Yep, and they have the Obama press core (NBC,CNN,ETC) falling all over them. I have noticed they are already starting to lose intrest in the subject tho.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 12-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle

Don't know why you have to throw out baby killers. One guy kills some children and we are all baby killers? One drunk driver kills a family are they all alcoholics? Everyone likes their firearms for a different reason and I assure you it's not baby killing. There's better ways to kill babies like abortion if you wanna get into baby killings. And most of us pro gun people do listen but a lot of anti gun people listen to us but fail to realize everything they are trying to do has been done and has failed to do anything significant and most times have done more harm. I'm not saying that I have a solution or know it all but all this bitching needs to be resolved. Also you have to look at the forums as a safe haven for gun people here to come and vent some things they believe whole heartedly in others just blow of political steam while trying to avoid debates. I love my guns and I also love my kids.mi have already used my firearms in a self defense shooting to protect my wife and kids and I would love keeping having my guns to protect my family, wether its from drug users, thugs, terrorists or the government it does not matter I swore in to protect the constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic and at the very worst times it can be your neighbor.

Old 12-27-2012, 02:30 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8868 Times on 3841 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Two tone- that was an example of the hyperbole that these groups seem to favor. Sarcasm, if you will. None of us here are babykillers- but folks like this group mentioned in the original post act as if we were.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-27-2012, 02:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Two tone- that was an example of the hyperbole that these groups seem to favor. Sarcasm, if you will. None of us here are babykillers- but folks like this group mentioned in the original post act as if we were.
Ahhh got ya my bad

Old 12-27-2012, 03:15 AM   #8
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i really like your post on this subject ReadyGirl! very well said!

Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2039 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 392

you are right, the media will tire of this story and will move on. the serious gun-control advocates (including our "commander in chief") will not forget, however. The NRA has been a bane to the democrats for a long time now (many single-issue voters), and given an opportunity to weaken OUR millions (and that is a real number), opponents will try to make as much hay as they can while the proverbial sun is shining.

with that said, I expect our Govt to do what it does best - ready, fire, aim..........and miss the paper completely.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

TODAY there is no way to have a rational conversation about the topic with anyone that's anti guns. There are was too many emotions in the way. and when emotion is used to make decisions, rational thinking is overlooked. I wouldn't waste your time even trying. You'll come off as being a 'gun nut' and become a "target" for them to point at and say "that's exactly why we want guns off the street". Meaning through no fault of your own, you will help them perpetuate their BS stereotype. Don't ask how you'd do that if you're speaking fact, you just will. It's how emotionally driven people operate.
The only sensible thing to do is to step back and watch the calendar. Let a bit of time go by. but at the same time, plan a strategy, save some links, study their rhetoric. Know what they're going to say before they say it, and have 2 answers for each point they attempt to bring up. And always know your sources. Bringing up datum from an NRA paid for survey doesn't always have the same weight as an independent report, etc..

Knowing that you understand their cause, almost gives them a sense that you are on their side and this way they won't know if you're for or against them. Then and only then will they allow some logic to set in. I've debated for years, though not on this topic, and that has always gotten me far. Insults prove their point, anger does the same thing. - Sympathize and then submit your facts.

"The best and only way to be opinionated, is to first be educated." - Me (that's a Nate Rudy Lyric)

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56