Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > This one hit close to home

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Maybe the parents should be held liable if they arent securing there weapons if they knowingly have crazy kids??

They should definately let teachers carry concealed.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:21 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

This does hit close to home. My Ma is a HS Chemistry teacher and is has been troubled over the past several years by the student's amount (or lack) of effort and drive to learn. Kids just don't care and their parents won't push them. If they have no morals and values at home then how can they determine right or wrong for themselves?

An older Carpenter I now work with that was my apprenticeship director when I was coming up, recently visited several classes of a HS math teacher's (friend) for a day in order to stress the importance of math and its role in the real world. He is an energetic and mentally stimulating individual with lots of tricks up his sleeve. He tried several appealing and entertaining math applications/demonstrations to the real world with little success. Most kids barely had enough drive to raise their hands when asked about their interests. None knew how much to tip a waitress or why sewer pipes are at a typical slope.

Basically the point is that when kids have nothing to lose and fear no consequence from God or home, it makes it easier for them to make stupid and possibly dangerous decisions.

Teachers should ALL have the right to carry. Not just CCW type weapons, it wouldn't hurt to have a shot gun or assault rifle here and there. Teachers (and good students) have families. . . and we love them very much.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings folks, but it will only get worse.