One cop's view of open carry - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > One cop's view of open carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 02:09 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Maybe if the government(s) would stop making people get a permission slip to carry any way but open it wouldn't be such a problem. But so many are so happy paying their fee and and jumping through hoops to get their permission slip and living the lie that it's a right.

If it can be taken away it's not a right, it's a privilege. If you have to get it renewed or lose that right then it's not a right, it's a privilege.
And if you are OK with anything short of constitutional carry then you are not a proponent of the 2A, you are just for your acceptable flavor of gun control.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 09-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie
And if you are OK with anything short of constitutional carry then you are not a proponent of the 2A, you are just for your acceptable flavor of gun control.
Yeah buddy. That's what I'm talkin' about right there. I just wish every state side Cmstitutional Carry.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This 
Old 09-19-2013, 02:52 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2200 Times on 1218 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
You should expect to be contacted law enforcement. You should expect to be feared by some, and considered to be a person of interest to many. Understand that by wearing a weapon in the open, you raise the perceived threat level in the eyes of law enforcement and other citizens. Friendly behavior goes a long way. People key on behavior rather than the weapon. Most folks respond well to a smile, polite behavior or a warm hello rather than a cold stare. I recommend that approach. You will be surprised how many people respond in a positive manner when you do that. Actually, this holds true on both sides of an open carry discussion, contact, or encounter...
The author sums up most of this issue in that little quote. I'd add if you are OCing, !!!use common sense!!!, get weapons retention training, and carry in a holster made with retention features for law enforcement.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-19-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:52 AM   #44

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Some of us can't OC. Florida only allows me to CC, with permission of course.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:34 AM   #45

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
please elaborate on how you got a cop fired. we'd like some more details. i am sure many of us would like to hear the details.
When I carry I always have a digital recorder on on me and just like I am required to do I inform any cop that that contacts me that he is being recorded. I had a cop draw down on me and prone me out just because I was OCing when i went to the mall to do some Christmas shopping in Wilkes-Barre, PA. I forwarded the recording to Internal Affairs and informed the Department that I would sue if the cop was not fired, a week later the cop was fired for violating my civil rights. He had to move out of town because no one in town would hire him. I would have absolutely no problem doing it again. Any cop willing to violate anyone's Constitutional Rights by unlawfully detaining someone does not need to be wearing a badge any longer. I come from a family of cops and have the utmost respect for cops but I do not have any respect for cops that are willing to violate someone's Constitutional Rights and throw their oath on the trash.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #46
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
When I carry I always have a digital recorder on on me and just like I am required to do I inform any cop that that contacts me that he is being recorded. I had a cop draw down on me and prone me out just because I was OCing when i went to the mall to do some Christmas shopping in Wilkes-Barre, PA. I forwarded the recording to Internal Affairs and informed the Department that I would sue if the cop was not fired, a week later the cop was fired for violating my civil rights. He had to move out of town because no one in town would hire him. I would have absolutely no problem doing it again. Any cop willing to violate anyone's Constitutional Rights by unlawfully detaining someone does not need to be wearing a badge any longer. I come from a family of cops and have the utmost respect for cops but I do not have any respect for cops that are willing to violate someone's Constitutional Rights and throw their oath on the trash.
wow. you need to get a video camera. you would be a hit on YouTube!
Old 09-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #47
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3168 Times on 2151 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

wow. you need to get a video camera. you would be a hit on YouTube!
Another reason I stopped working with one of my ex- Partners. He's a reverse racist, and tries to incite LE's by harassing them by video tape so he can bring lawsuits against them when they kick his Azz around and break his Camera. Also objectify's Women except for his mommy. Told him on our last trip to NY for the NFL Draft this spring: you pull that Shyt around me and not only am I out I will testify in court on behalf of the cops...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 09-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #48

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

MTHunter,

Your tag-line sums it up.

Quote:
Yes I am an ******* don't like oh well not my problem.
But it is my/our problem too. We try to gain acceptance of weapons but someone with a sharp attitude can make it more difficult to make progress.

I hope you are never harassed again by LE. Not so much for your benefit, but for mine/ours. One bad apple can spoil the barrel.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
People Like This 
Old 09-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #49
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

You have a right to carry how you wish, but if you abuse that right by acting like Rambo, or being a general douche bag and making gun owners look bad, you will eventually be the cause of everyone loosing that right. Just ask California gun owners about that.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 09-19-2013 at 04:57 PM.
People Like This 
Old 09-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #50
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
OCers should try not to look like violent or mentally-ill felons out for slaughter.
So we should not run into a store covered in blood and screaming about the evil of the bear menace while open carrying? Gotcha.