One cop's view of open carry - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > One cop's view of open carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Great article. The guy makes alot of sense while respecting the rights of law abiding gun owners.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #12

Liked 2765 Times on 1246 Posts
Likes Given: 2663

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
Having worked in a gas station, I would have tried talking to you all exactly ONE time. And your response, or lack of, would have dictated whether I call the police. I didn't mess around with that kind of stuff.
Why would you call the police? You think maybe they would get there in time to save you?

Old 09-11-2013, 02:40 AM   #13

Liked 399 Times on 265 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Why would you call the police? You think maybe they would get there in time to save you?
haha it's a valid point for most places BUT this gas station in particular was no more than half a mile from the police station, and we were all very close with the local PD. If I had made the call, they would have been IN the building in less than 2 minutes. Guaranteed

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 09-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
It’s feasible that gang members and militia types — who, obviously, do not have firearm ownership prohibitions stemming from prior criminal activity — could also legally carry under open carry conditions.
I do question why he would seem to lump anyone in a militia in with gang bangers. I didn't see anywhere else in the piece where he seems to consider militia members 'nutcases' or some other kind of 'questionable' individual.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3180 Times on 1832 Posts
Likes Given: 2048

Good informative articles, including the ccw article.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #16

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

What has happened to this country?

Open carry LACs get ridiculous knee-jerk

reactions from sheeple.

Violent criminals get better treatment

from the criminal justice system

victims.

Maybe "criminal justice" is a poorly

thought out term. How about the

"victim justice" system ?

Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #17

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

As this article pointed out many of us that choose OC, including me, do so not only for self defense but also as a form of political protest/activism. I hope many on here especially the LEO's were paying attention to the comments that pointed out that just because someone is OC does not give probable cause to detain as ruled by the Supreme Court. Open Carry is fairly common here in Montana so I don't expect to have any problems with cops. However if I am stopped just for OC chances are I will probably tell the cop to piss off because I don't like being bothered over stupid ****. If further detained I will remind the cop that OC is not probable cause to detain. If that does not get through the cops thick head and I am even further detained especially proned out and disarmed I will be suing the cop as well as his/her department and will make sure that he/she is flipping burgers for minimum wage or homeless by the time I am finished dragging them through the court system. If you do not have a valid reason to bother me don't I tend to be an A$$hole when someone does.

Old 09-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #18

Liked 409 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmuckatello View Post
I do question why he would seem to lump anyone in a militia in with gang bangers. I didn't see anywhere else in the piece where he seems to consider militia members 'nutcases' or some other kind of 'questionable' individual.
Don't know why that would surprise you, Joe. Excrement rolls downhill, in this case from D.C. That's how the current occupant and his minions think.
People Like This 
Old 09-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #19

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Don't know why that would surprise you, Joe. Excrement rolls downhill, in this case from D.C. That's how the current occupant and his minions think.
How true it is.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Open carry is a mixed bag, with potential for both positive and negative effect on the person carrying and those around him/her. As the article points out, a person OC'ing should display a positive, friendly attitude toward other people. I have seen some people open carrying who swagger around with a "Rambo" sneer on their faces, being intentionally abrasive in their treatment of others. Apparently fantasizing about being the "hero" in a juvenile action movie. In order to protect your own right to carry, you should always display a positive attitude, being calm, polite, and conducting your business while drawing as little attention to your armament as possible, so nobody is uncomfortable while you are around. It is an opportunity to make a good impression on the general public, and maybe by so doing, recruit others to the cause instead of driving them away.