Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > One cop's view of open carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #111
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6574 Times on 3593 Posts
Likes Given: 12883

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
...most agencies are doing specific in service training on how to handle that specific situation, and how to handle people OCing in general.
Good.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #112
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20855 Times on 11855 Posts
Likes Given: 52395

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
This is the Deep South. Everybody here has a gun. As long as they use common sense most of us leave them alone.

Since the Dbags have started this youtube crap most agencies are doing specific in service training on how to handle that specific situation, and how to handle people OCing in general.
training is always good. how a citizen reacts, or their attitude in general makes a huge difference IMO also.

i think OCing is perfectly fine, but hate those who do that want to make a political statement at the expense of the LEO.
People Like This 
Old 09-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #113
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1215 Posts
Likes Given: 280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

training is always good. how a citizen reacts, or their attitude in general makes a huge difference IMO also.
It does. If somebody catches an attitude and acts like an idiot, they usually get what's coming. It might not be a weapons related charge, but the criminal code book is 2 inches thick. And if there's nothing applicable in there there's always local ordinances too.

Quote:

i think OCing is perfectly fine, but hate those who do that want to make a political statement at the expense of the LEO.
I hope this fad ends soon. It's only a matter of time before politics catch up with these idiots and we all suffer for their stupidity.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

"Gaston, the Doggy dentist's best friend."
People Like This 
Old 09-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Asshattery has been outlawed?

Old 09-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #115

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
It does. If somebody catches an attitude and acts like an idiot, they usually get what's coming.
Too true.

We have laws here that were written by liberal gun zombies and are far behind you in that respect but otherwise we are the same. There are those here who only understand non-verbal communication, too. Most get over it after a while.

Ignorance can be excused, even stupid isn't too bad. But rudeness and/or bullying are just plain intolerable.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 09-22-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #116
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1799 Times on 1055 Posts
Likes Given: 872

I have been following this and I see a BIG PROBLEM HERE the last time I checked OC was a RIGHT so why are some many of you trashing those who exercise their RIGHT???????????????
I do not OC for safety and tactical reasons, but SUPPORT 100% THE RIGHT TO OPEN CARRY and everyone whose supports the 2nd Amendment should too, period. Just because you do not OC and don't wish to is no reason to trash those who do, it is their RIGHT.
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 09-23-2013 at 12:46 AM.
People Like This 
Old 09-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau
I have been following this and I see a BIG PROBLEM HERE the last time I checked OC was a RIGHT so why are some many of you trashing those who exercise their RIGHT???????????????
I do not OC for safety and tactical reasons, but SUPPORT 100% THE RIGHT TO OPEN CARRY and everyone whose supports the 2nd Amendment should too, period. Just because you do not OC and don't wish to is no reason to trash those who do, it is their RIGHT.
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!
Here we go again. Same old debate, different day. Those who abuse their rights lose their rights. And they put everyone else's rights in danger at the same time. It's that simple.

Nobody said anything.....about Glocks until you posted about your bacon dog who needs dentures.

What did somebody forget to engage their safety and shoot the dogs front teeth out? Or are we blaming that on the Glock shooters?

Old 09-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #118

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Here we go again. Same old debate, different day. Those who abuse their rights lose their rights. And they put everyone else's rights in danger at the same time. It's that simple.
Agreed.. I OC regularly but I don't go around with 30-06 on my back and a pistol in a leg drop holster with a Rambo ammo belt.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

DeltaF Likes This 
Old 09-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #119
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Agreed.. I OC regularly but I don't go around with 30-06 on my back and a pistol in a leg drop holster with a Rambo ammo belt.
I could care less if you did. As long as you didn't stand on a busy street corner in order to scare all the old ladies and soccer moms and purposefully get into a p***ing match with the cop that you KNOW they're gonna call it wouldn't matter.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

I could care less if you did. As long as you didn't stand on a busy street corner in order to scare all the old ladies and soccer moms and purposefully get into a p***ing match with the cop that you KNOW they're gonna call it wouldn't matter.
Here we go again. Same old debate, different day. Those who do not defend their rights, lose them. And if one right is compromised, all rights become vulnerable. It's that simple.

Rocky7 Likes This