You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

One cop's view of open carry


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 11,439
Liked 10764 Times on 5714 Posts
Likes Given: 22964

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
...most agencies are doing specific in service training on how to handle that specific situation, and how to handle people OCing in general.
Good.
__________________
I drink and I know things (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄
MisterMcCool is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:39 PM   #112
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
Liked 22400 Times on 12495 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
This is the Deep South. Everybody here has a gun. As long as they use common sense most of us leave them alone.

Since the Dbags have started this youtube crap most agencies are doing specific in service training on how to handle that specific situation, and how to handle people OCing in general.
training is always good. how a citizen reacts, or their attitude in general makes a huge difference IMO also.

i think OCing is perfectly fine, but hate those who do that want to make a political statement at the expense of the LEO.
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #113
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

training is always good. how a citizen reacts, or their attitude in general makes a huge difference IMO also.
It does. If somebody catches an attitude and acts like an idiot, they usually get what's coming. It might not be a weapons related charge, but the criminal code book is 2 inches thick. And if there's nothing applicable in there there's always local ordinances too.

Quote:

i think OCing is perfectly fine, but hate those who do that want to make a political statement at the expense of the LEO.
I hope this fad ends soon. It's only a matter of time before politics catch up with these idiots and we all suffer for their stupidity.
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"
DeltaF is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 11,439
Liked 10764 Times on 5714 Posts
Likes Given: 22964

Default

Asshattery has been outlawed?
__________________
I drink and I know things (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄
MisterMcCool is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #115
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rocky7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Red Deer,Alberta
Posts: 1,409
Liked 1397 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
It does. If somebody catches an attitude and acts like an idiot, they usually get what's coming.
Too true.

We have laws here that were written by liberal gun zombies and are far behind you in that respect but otherwise we are the same. There are those here who only understand non-verbal communication, too. Most get over it after a while.

Ignorance can be excused, even stupid isn't too bad. But rudeness and/or bullying are just plain intolerable.
__________________
C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 09-22-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Rocky7 is offline  
Axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:42 AM   #116
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 4,278
Liked 2852 Times on 1703 Posts
Likes Given: 1778

Default

I have been following this and I see a BIG PROBLEM HERE the last time I checked OC was a RIGHT so why are some many of you trashing those who exercise their RIGHT???????????????
I do not OC for safety and tactical reasons, but SUPPORT 100% THE RIGHT TO OPEN CARRY and everyone whose supports the 2nd Amendment should too, period. Just because you do not OC and don't wish to is no reason to trash those who do, it is their RIGHT.
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!
__________________
An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Last edited by JimRau; 09-23-2013 at 12:46 AM.
JimRau is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau
I have been following this and I see a BIG PROBLEM HERE the last time I checked OC was a RIGHT so why are some many of you trashing those who exercise their RIGHT???????????????
I do not OC for safety and tactical reasons, but SUPPORT 100% THE RIGHT TO OPEN CARRY and everyone whose supports the 2nd Amendment should too, period. Just because you do not OC and don't wish to is no reason to trash those who do, it is their RIGHT.
UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!
Here we go again. Same old debate, different day. Those who abuse their rights lose their rights. And they put everyone else's rights in danger at the same time. It's that simple.
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #118
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
deadsp0t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somewhere between you and nowhere...
Posts: 1,471
Liked 588 Times on 394 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
Here we go again. Same old debate, different day. Those who abuse their rights lose their rights. And they put everyone else's rights in danger at the same time. It's that simple.
Agreed.. I OC regularly but I don't go around with 30-06 on my back and a pistol in a leg drop holster with a Rambo ammo belt.
__________________
Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.
deadsp0t is offline  
DeltaF Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #119
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DeltaF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Deep South USA
Posts: 3,206
Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t

Agreed.. I OC regularly but I don't go around with 30-06 on my back and a pistol in a leg drop holster with a Rambo ammo belt.
I could care less if you did. As long as you didn't stand on a busy street corner in order to scare all the old ladies and soccer moms and purposefully get into a p***ing match with the cop that you KNOW they're gonna call it wouldn't matter.
__________________
"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"
DeltaF is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 11,439
Liked 10764 Times on 5714 Posts
Likes Given: 22964

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF

I could care less if you did. As long as you didn't stand on a busy street corner in order to scare all the old ladies and soccer moms and purposefully get into a p***ing match with the cop that you KNOW they're gonna call it wouldn't matter.
Here we go again. Same old debate, different day. Those who do not defend their rights, lose them. And if one right is compromised, all rights become vulnerable. It's that simple.
__________________
I drink and I know things (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄
MisterMcCool is offline  
Rocky7 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
2A Amicus brief on HB2 / Open Carry Case - Forming MS Carry. StogieC Mississippi Gun Forum 1 07-26-2013 10:42 PM
A open carry and concealed carry holster review jeffkaiser1989 Firearm Accessories & Gear 0 07-23-2013 02:49 PM
looking to buy an everday carry pistol for open carry MTHunter Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 20 06-03-2013 11:19 PM
Difference between open carry and concealed carry ineverFTF Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 8 08-31-2012 06:11 PM
Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry Debate Tony Soprano The Club House 31 08-06-2009 04:23 AM