Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > one black ladys take on gun control.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 05:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I do believe that a qualifier is necessary in this case. We don't have a lot of anti-gun groups here in NC. The few anti-gun groups we do have are for black people like the NAACP. Most crimes committed with a gun are blacks shooting blacks. (1) Half the murders in the US are black people shooting other blacks. Sadly, those are facts, not a stereotype or a generalization. Yet, in 2005 blacks made up 13% of the US population.
1 DOJ statistics.

All of those stats are true. I'm a criminal justice major and we look into a lot of that stuff...

But her video didn't mention any of that. Her video isn't any more "potent" in our cause because she is black.

It's just another American standing up for their/our rights.

I just don't agree with making the distinction. We sould unite under the cause, not pick and choose whose arguments/statements hold more powere because of who they are.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #12

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post

LOL!!! We should start a group, 'People Against African American Gun Ownership'.
Then watch the lame stream media try to figure that one out.
'Uh... EVERYONE has a right to own guns- uh, I mean...'
Good idea! Ha ha

Old 01-20-2013, 02:02 PM   #13

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
All of those stats are true. I'm a criminal justice major and we look into a lot of that stuff...

But her video didn't mention any of that. Her video isn't any more "potent" in our cause because she is black.

It's just another American standing up for their/our rights.

I just don't agree with making the distinction. We sould unite under the cause, not pick and choose whose arguments/statements hold more powere because of who they are.
You are right, we SHOULD not care if the veiws are from someone that is black or white, male or female, rich or poor. The thing is, most people in this world DO care. This woman will be seen by some on the pro 2nd Amendment side as proof that the anti 2nd Amendment side can be converted. Others will give her a better ear cause they will not listen to a white guy like me. If we are going to protect the 2nd Amendment, we need all the help we can get.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #14
fmj

Liked 749 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
I really wish people didn't have to add qualifiers....

sure, she may be black...but why not just say one woman's opinion, or one American's opinion?
Qualifier?? Ummm she is black, she is a lady...i dont see any "qualifier". I see statements of fact.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 01-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #15

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I believe we're getting away from the point of this lady's statement.

Apologies for using the qualifier Lady.