Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Once again this BS continues, show your support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2011, 12:49 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
But, devils advocate here, if its a genetic problem, would it be considered their fault? And should they be punished if it is a genetic problem?

Sent from my HTC using FirearmsTalk
Nah! Just means we should have a little sympathy for them as we send them to jail.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 07-17-2011, 12:53 AM   #62

Liked 2192 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 2128

I directed the questions to liberals so if you aren't a liberal then no it wasn't directed at you. I guess what pisses me of about the whole gay thing is that if someone doesn't approve of it and says so then they're called names and branded as ignorant bible thumpers. It doesn't just end with homosexuality it's the same with every arguement the liberals throw out. I never brought relegion into the discussion. Non of my business what goes on between anyone and God.

I just want to know why liberals are the only ones entitled to their opinions and the right to express them.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:17 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I directed the questions to liberals so if you aren't a liberal then no it wasn't directed at you. I guess what pisses me of about the whole gay thing is that if someone doesn't approve of it and says so then they're called names and branded as ignorant bible thumpers. It doesn't just end with homosexuality it's the same with every arguement the liberals throw out. I never brought relegion into the discussion. Non of my business what goes on between anyone and God.

I just want to know why liberals are the only ones entitled to their opinions and the right to express them.
See that's just it, you shouldn't be getting pissed off about "the whole gay thing", it should matter so little to you, as to be inconsequential. Why are you invested at all in the gay/counter-gay argument?

Let me draw a parallel for a second. How would you want the left to consider the 2nd Ammendment? How about this? "The Left can not like my choice to be a gun-owner, but they won't work to actively take that away from me." That would be perfect. Hey, you guys on the Anit-Gun Left, don't like guns, no worries, don't buy one, just don't stop me from buying as many as I want.

Now for the parallel: Hey, you guys on the Christian Right, don't approve of the gay lifestyle, no worries, don't be gay and you don't have to accept gays in your religion, just don't stop Lance from being as gay as he wants!

See, now everyone's happy!

Putting on flamesuite for the gall to equate the 2nd Ammendment to homosexuallity. Hellfire and brimstone in 3...2...1

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 07-17-2011, 02:09 AM   #64

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Wait... When did we start punishing people for genetical "defects"?

Secondly.... How in the heck did this thread go from supporting a gun rights advocation group, to gay rights?

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 07-17-2011, 02:23 AM   #65

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2

Secondly.... How in the heck did this thread go from supporting a gun rights advocation group, to gay rights?
When the dude started screaming about someone saying something against gays.

And it wasn't punishing defects.

This should be another random thoughts thread.....

Sent from my HTC using FirearmsTalk

Old 07-17-2011, 02:44 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post

Post #2!

And I was starting to feel guilty about being a large part of the thread hijack, and since I went back and looked, I now realize that this thread took a big, gay, left turn right out of the gate!

GOA

Old 07-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #67

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

If homosexuality is not genetic and is instead a choice, then it seems necessary to help people make an alternate choice; doesn't it?

They want to change; to say it doesn’t work is a slap in the face to the many people that have changed their lifestyle and are no longer homosexual.

People are not taken and held captive in the programs at these organizations. They come willingly because they don’t want the same-sex attractions that they are feeling~

Many of these organizations are using what’s called “reparative” therapy to help people deal with unwanted same-sex attractions - not everyone thinks this is a good idea which was said best by Richard L Pimental.

This all comes as a result of the growing disdain for the idea that homosexuality is a genetic, in-born component of a person that is unavoidable - that belief comes from the work of the aforementioned organizations that are seeing indisputable results in the lives of people who now call themselves “ex-gay....”

It seems that with more people learning about the flawed arguments about gay marriage, and the reasons why marriage is inherently heterosexual that the pro gay community is seeing its chances for legalized same-sex marriage slip away. ....

The fact is, to deny that a person can call themselves an “ex-gay” is to deny that an African-American has different colored skin. It just can’t be done. It still remains true that there are more and more “ex-gay” people out there, and not one single ex African American.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
If homosexuality is not genetic and is instead a choice, then it seems necessary to help people make an alternate choice; doesn't it?

They want to change; to say it doesn't work is a slap in the face to the many people that have changed their lifestyle and are no longer homosexual.

People are not taken and held captive in the programs at these organizations. They come willingly because they don't want the same-sex attractions that they are feeling~

Many of these organizations are using what's called "reparative" therapy to help people deal with unwanted same-sex attractions - not everyone thinks this is a good idea which was said best by Richard L Pimental.

This all comes as a result of the growing disdain for the idea that homosexuality is a genetic, in-born component of a person that is unavoidable - that belief comes from the work of the aforementioned organizations that are seeing indisputable results in the lives of people who now call themselves "ex-gay...."

It seems that with more people learning about the flawed arguments about gay marriage, and the reasons why marriage is inherently heterosexual that the pro gay community is seeing its chances for legalized same-sex marriage slip away. ....

The fact is, to deny that a person can call themselves an "ex-gay" is to deny that an African-American has different colored skin. It just can't be done. It still remains true that there are more and more "ex-gay" people out there, and not one single ex African American.
Wait. What? Because someone who doesn't want to be gay, is able to stop gay behavior through "reparitive" "therapy" (yes, they both individually deserve quotes), means that homosexuality can't have a genetic component because you'd be denying their status as "ex-gay".

Wow. So many flaws in that line of thinking. And the analogy to African-Americans defies all logic.

You do understand that behavior, for the most part, is fully under our control and that the human mind is a wonder that can allow us to do all manner of things through will.

There are all kinds of human behaviors that go against human nature: celebate priest, mothers that kill their children, warriors who put their lives on the line. (Note, I am not correllating these 3 things, I'm just juxtaposing them against the concepts of Continuing the race through procreation, caring for your young, and self-preservations, as basic human/animal imperitives.)

GOA

Old 07-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #69

Liked 4524 Times on 2187 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

One idiot plant post turned and interesting thread into a sad version of "Will & Grace"...

I support anyone who votes NO on debt ceiling increase without dollar for dollar cut's in "this years budget"!

The Rino's trying to soften this stance have obviously been in DC for too long and require Tea Part Challenge at there next primary.

TACK