Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Once again this BS continues, show your support

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2011, 08:58 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rarity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 701
Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns
True Christians are supposed to be like Christ
Yes we are. Absolutely correct.

Homosexuality is going to play a huge roll in states where same sex marriage is legal.

Maybe in the next upcoming years, maybe never.

I just wouldn't be surprised if 50% of the school system were full homosexuals.

ie, middle-school high-school, influences ect ect
__________________
Rarity is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 2,440
Liked 1766 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1794

Default

So where does it stop? If your personal behavior is based on genetics then nothing anyone does can be truly wrong. Maybe we should let all the serial killers go free. Sorry I'm not buying that. The term homophobe is absurd it implies fear. I don't like the behavior but I'm certainly not afraid of them.

__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pagj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prescott Valley,Arizona
Posts: 2,427
Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default

Phobia-an irrational or extreme fear of or aversion to something.

Using that as a baseline, I would say that 1% of those that I know labeled as "homophobes" are such. And that's my conservative guess. In reality, and with a larger pool to draw from, I would believe the number to be far lower

Sent from my DROID2 using FirearmsTalk

__________________

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

pagj17 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
knfxda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 692
Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
So where does it stop? If your personal behavior is based on genetics then nothing anyone does can be truly wrong. Maybe we should let all the serial killers go free. Sorry I'm not buying that. The term homophobe is absurd it implies fear. I don't like the behavior but I'm certainly not afraid of them.
Broad generalization and a straw man. You're now equating all personal behavior with genetics so that you can provide a counter arguement.

Language is imperfect. If "homophobe" doesn't work for you, then how about "anti-homosexual"? "Family values" is a massive misnomer, how 'bout we throw that one out too?


.
__________________

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

knfxda is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:11 PM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
pagj17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prescott Valley,Arizona
Posts: 2,427
Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default

Lol Sounds like a plan:P I generally hate sterotypes anyways.

Sent from my DROID2 using FirearmsTalk

__________________

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

pagj17 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lima,Ohio
Posts: 2,440
Liked 1766 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 1794

Default

I just asked a question. So no one is allowed to disagree with a liberal or we will be branded a homophobe. The question still stands: Where does it stop? Is it only genetic when it's a cause you believe in? If you can make the arguement that an abnormal behavior is genetic then anyone can make the same claim about any abnormal behavior. Suddenly all the theives and murderers have a defense. You can't excuse one without it applying to all.

What makes murder wrong? What makes stealing wrong?

__________________
rjd3282 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,VA
Posts: 1,078
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282
I just asked a question. So no one is allowed to disagree with a liberal or we will be branded a homophobe. The question still stands: Where does it stop? Is it only genetic when it's a cause you believe in? If you can make the arguement that an abnormal behavior is genetic then anyone can make the same claim about any abnormal behavior. Suddenly all the theives and murderers have a defense. You can't excuse one without it applying to all.

What makes murder wrong? What makes stealing wrong?
Actually, that CAN make sense. How many serial killers or mass murderers had mental issues? Skitzo people are not always in reality and some murderers have been known to have that issue and have gotten the death penalty because of it. Are we as a people "haters" because we all wanted to see dahmer or manson or ect......put in jail to rot? Isn't that basically considered a genetic problem since it can be passed through a family? Don't get me started on bipolar....IMO mental issues are genetic, homosexuality is more environmental or FEEDING off a mental issue. How the person was raised. Things they possibly went through, but what do I know, I'm not God and don't have a right to judge anyone but myself.

Sent from my HTC using FirearmsTalk
__________________
cddbrowns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
knfxda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 692
Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
What makes murder wrong? What makes stealing wrong?
Really? Are you going to tell me that you need a bible or a religion to answer these for you?

It's easy. Your right to swing your arms about wildly ends where my nose starts.

In other words, your rights end, where my rights start. A crime needs a victim. Someone's rights must be infringed upon.

For a robber to steal something, he must alienate the owner's right to that item. For a murderer to take a life, he must alienate the vicitm's right to his life.

For a gay person to be gay, he doesn't have to alienate anyone's right. And no, he's not "alienating your right to think 'gay = bad'. You can think that all you want."


And this answers Cdd's point as well. Even if all that is biological, those people still exceeded their rights by infringing on other's rights.


.
__________________

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA


Last edited by knfxda; 07-17-2011 at 12:02 AM.
knfxda is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:09 AM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
knfxda's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: FL
Posts: 692
Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
I just asked a question. So no one is allowed to disagree with a liberal or we will be branded a homophobe.
Oh, and I hope that this part wasn't directed at me.

A) I'm not a liberal
B) I've not labeled anyone a homophobe

If you were speaking broadly, then I'd agree. The labels do get tossed around too quickly. The point I was driving was that it's imperfect because we have to use words and we do come up with labels as short-hand. Generally, we accpet it, but the more vitriolic the argument becomes, the more the labels interfere with the conversation/debate (although many are not interested in either).

I consider the people that have a "God hates f@gs!" attitude to be homophobes. Their hate of homosexuallity has pushed them right off of their Christian platform.



.
__________________

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

knfxda is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach,VA
Posts: 1,078
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda

Really? Are you going to tell me that you need a bible or a religion to answer these for you?

It's easy. Your right to swing your arms about wildly ends where my nose starts.

In other words, your rights end, where my rights start. A crime needs a victim. Someone's rights must be infringed upon.

For a robber to steal something, he must alienate the owner's right to that item. For a murderer to take a life, he must alienate the vicitm's right to his life.

For a gay person to be gay, he doesn't have to alienate anyone's right. And no, he's not "alienating your right to think 'gay = bad'. You can think that all you want."

And this answers Cdd's point as well. Even if all that is biological, those people still exceeded their rights by infringing on other's rights.

.
But, devils advocate here, if its a genetic problem, would it be considered their fault? And should they be punished if it is a genetic problem?

Sent from my HTC using FirearmsTalk
__________________
cddbrowns is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Protesters in US Show of Support for Egyptian Protests dunerunner Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 01-30-2011 11:59 AM
Bow quest continues NGIB Other Weapons 16 07-29-2010 03:30 AM
Arizona Immigration Decision--Please Show Your Support For This Law russ Legal and Activism 45 05-18-2010 04:10 AM
Show us how much ( or little ) you support our president David26 The Club House 5 12-21-2009 03:05 AM
Troops Show OVERWHELMING Support user4 Politics, Religion and Controversy 8 10-23-2008 10:53 AM