Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Once again this BS continues, show your support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Once again ... ALL are puppets and will be puppets ad infinium.
'Tis the nature of politics in USA. Top puppet will enjoy the breadth and
scope of priviledges. But all will defer to Big Business (Bilderberg Group).

Old 07-14-2011, 11:40 PM   #32

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle

No it is probably not, nor is it a choice. Which is precisely what I'm saying. Much human nature and human behavior is neither genetic nor decided.
Your brain is constantly re-formatted by every thought you have. By reading this post, you're allowing my thoughts to reprogram your mind. Very little about the way your mind works is hardwired by genetics.
Neuroscience has recently revealed that most synapse functions (including 'conscious' decisions like movement) occur milliseconds BEFORE we are aware of them. The electrical impulses that are causing your fingers to type right now are actually firing before you chose what button to press. Would anyone argue that what you're typing is genetic? Of course not.
I don't 'believe' that homosexuality is genetic OR optional, I see serious flaws in both arguments and reserve judgment until I hear better evidence.
You don't think it could possibly be any environmental or surrounding influences? I like orange because I grew up a browns fan, going to the pumpkin fests, cider, fall colors, all those type of things......peer pressure and outside influences are a TON of what makes a person who they are.

Sent from my HTC using FirearmsTalk

Old 07-14-2011, 11:45 PM   #33

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
You don't think it could possibly be any environmental or surrounding influences? I like orange because I grew up a browns fan, going to the pumpkin fests, cider, fall colors, all those type of things......peer pressure and outside influences are a TON of what makes a person who they are.

Wow, am I really that bad at conveying my ideas? YES, YES I DO THINK THAT IT COULD BE ENVIRONMENTAL OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 07-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #34

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:

Wow, am I really that bad at conveying my ideas? YES, YES I DO THINK THAT IT COULD BE ENVIRONMENTAL OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING.
So, yea....kinda didn't say that, more like a mystery or something. Hard to read you, just say what you mean.....

Old 07-14-2011, 11:52 PM   #35

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
Kinda gives the term "Downwinder" a new meaning, huh?

Old 07-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #36

Quote:
At no time did I claim to believe that homosexuality was a choice. I don't. There is a whole hell of a lot more to human nature than genetics and choices.
Quote:
No it is probably not, nor is it a choice. Which is precisely what I'm saying. Much human nature and human behavior is neither genetic nor decided.
Your brain is constantly re-formatted by every thought you have. By reading this post, you're allowing my thoughts to reprogram your mind. Very little about the way your mind works is hardwired by genetics.
Neuroscience has recently revealed that most synapse functions (including 'conscious' decisions like movement) occur milliseconds BEFORE we are aware of them. The electrical impulses that are causing your fingers to type right now are actually firing before you chose what button to press. Would anyone argue that what you're typing is genetic? Of course not.
I don't 'believe' that homosexuality is genetic OR optional, I see serious flaws in both arguments and reserve judgment until I hear better evidence.
I think I made it abundantly clear that I didn't think it was genetic or optional. Did I make it sound like its a mystery? I hope so, because it is. There is absolutely no biological, genetic, psychological or philosophical consensus on the origins of sexuality in individuals. None. I see flaws in the logic of most available arguments, so I stated those flaws. I did not state the cause, you're correct. Because I don't know it, and neither do you. If you possess some knowledge that the entire combined body of academics and professionals studying it do not, then you should probably go ahead and share your special mental powers with them.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 07-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #37

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger

Kinda gives the term "Downwinder" a new meaning, huh?

Meaning I smelled him talking out his azz?

I kid I kid....

Old 07-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #38

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:

I think I made it abundantly clear that I didn't think it was genetic or optional. Did I make it sound like its a mystery? I hope so, because it is. There is absolutely no biological, genetic, psychological or philosophical consensus on the origins of sexuality in individuals. None. I see flaws in the logic of most available arguments, so I stated those flaws. I did not state the cause, you're correct. Because I don't know it, and neither do you. If you possess some knowledge that the entire combined body of academics and professionals studying it do not, then you should probably go ahead and share your special mental powers with them.
Angry little guy......say what you THINK it is and stop doing a little dance around it....is THAT hard?

Old 07-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
Meaning I smelled him talking out his azz?

I kid I kid....

I'm talking out my a$$ because I admit to not knowing something? That's a new one to me.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:57 PM   #40

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:

I'm talking out my a$$ because I admit to not knowing something? That's a new one to me.
(Pokes with stick)