Omaha ne wants to be like NY

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Omaha ne wants to be like NY

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 12:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts

Default Omaha ne wants to be like NY

I seen the mayors campaign commercial today. It went somthing like this. It's been x# of days since newtown , x# of days since Aurora, x# of days since westroads mall shooting ( Omaha had mall shooting sum years back) and Washington has done nothing re elect me and ill ban assault weapons and high cap mags. What a POS!!!!!!! I called his office told them ill be leading the charge to make sure he's not elected. I will remove every mayor suttle sign I see and I'm going to form some kind of protest. The gun community of Omaha better WAKE UP NOW!!! MAD AS H***

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Ask him how NY State's ban would have stopped this guy apparently with a shotgun - the type our wonderful VP encouraged everyone to get for protection. I'm sure Biden will say if they'd had a shotgun too, this wouldn't have happened. Kinda hard to conceal a shotgun though so you have it right at your side when something like this happens.

Quote:
“Totally unprovoked, we believe he fired a number of rounds from the shotgun,” superintendent of New York State Police Joseph D’Amico told reporters at a Wednesday press conference.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/14/17309468-standoff-in-upstate-ny-killings-ends-suspect-killed-in-police-shootout?lite

Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1291 Times on 627 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Sadly it is not about the stopping the next shooting. None of these bans will do that. In fact I believe the gun grabbers would not mind seeing another shooting, so they can go further, and put through more laws that won't stop any shootings.

Rahm Emanual says the problems in Chicago are because the rest of the country does not have "Chicago Laws." Yet the other night a man was murdered in Chicago by two gang bangers. One was 24 and had 8 arrests, including two for illegal gun possession and he was not in jail. The other was 18 and had 30 arrests, including 8 for domestic violence. How come he was on the street? Maybe if Chicago enforced the laws they have, they would not have 500+ murders.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

People Like This 
Old 03-14-2013, 04:34 PM   #4

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
Sadly it is not about the stopping the next shooting. None of these bans will do that. In fact I believe the gun grabbers would not mind seeing another shooting, so they can go further, and put through more laws that won't stop any shootings.

Rahm Emanual says the problems in Chicago are because the rest of the country does not have "Chicago Laws." Yet the other night a man was murdered in Chicago by two gang bangers. One was 24 and had 8 arrests, including two for illegal gun possession and he was not in jail. The other was 18 and had 30 arrests, including 8 for domestic violence. How come he was on the street? Maybe if Chicago enforced the laws they have, they would not have 500+ murders.
See, that's the part that gets me...Every last one of the Brady lovin' bed wettin' libtards says that. They complain about the "lax gun laws" in surrounding counties and states for Chitcago's criminal problem. Classic 6 year old defense mechanism...point the finger at anyone else but it's NEVER Chitcago's fault...

Answer me this...If the "lax gun laws" in surrounding communities are to blame for the criminal problem in the town of Chit...why aren't these outside communities seeing murder after murder too??? HMMMMMM???

There is now talk at the brady campaign to have the Newtown crime scene photos released so they can be used to 'illustrate' how deadly these 'killing machines' are...I sh*t you not folks!!! This is the mentality we're dealing with over there, use pics of dead kids to promote a 'safer' community. Yeah, and WE'RE the loons...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 03-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9508 Times on 4091 Posts
Likes Given: 1492

Quote:
why aren't these outside communities seeing murder after murder too???
Pretty sure it is the difference in air pressure. The higher air pressure in places like Chicago, DC, Detroit cause the guns to go into beserker killer mode.

Or was it the humidity?

1970- Lyrics- Ball of Confusion

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.
Vote for me and I'll set you free.
Rap on, brother, rap on.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 03-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #6

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

I say it was that damn Sasquatch...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 03-15-2013, 01:36 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 144 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post

And then there is Vermont no gun laws and you would think you were in Mayberry with Barney Fife Explain that Boobberg & Emanual.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Last edited by armsmaster270; 03-15-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wieseman71
I seen the mayors campaign commercial today. It went somthing like this. It's been x# of days since newtown , x# of days since Aurora, x# of days since westroads mall shooting ( Omaha had mall shooting sum years back) and Washington has done nothing re elect me and ill ban assault weapons and high cap mags. What a POS!!!!!!! I called his office told them ill be leading the charge to make sure he's not elected. I will remove every mayor suttle sign I see and I'm going to form some kind of protest. The gun community of Omaha better WAKE UP NOW!!! MAD AS H***
I agree. I thought the ad was a joke. I hope people who see the ad don't actually believe that taking away guns from law abiding citizens will reduce crime. Criminals only get the guns legally right? Come on Nebraska.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #9

Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts

This arse hat going to be at a local bar this weekend for st patty day. Might have to stop by and ask him how he plans to enforce this new law when the county sheriff has told me many times he supports the 2nd and will not enforce any new gun laws.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #10
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1104 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 242

The problem with places like NY City and Chicagio and Omaha, is they are dense population centers in otherwise less populated states. A big share of the people, and their lawmakers, live and work in the city's.

It is not just the mayor, for us Nebraskan 's, we have Earnie Chambers. Once a foothold of anti gun policies, laws get passed in the huge hub city, it is a matter of time, until the city forces laws the state does not want, down the throats of everyone. Chambers would love more anti gun laws passed across the state. Term limits did a lot of good getting rid of that worm.

What is KFAB and Tom Becks of another radio station doing to fight this? ? Doubt these radio personalities are going to take this without a fight.

I live in Lincoln, and I very much want to see the dictator in Omaha out of office.

Whatever you guys end up with for laws, end up crippling rippling across the state.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Last edited by AR10; 03-15-2013 at 02:00 PM.