Okay, so straw purchases are illegal - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Okay, so straw purchases are illegal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2072 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
You got that right....My dad tried buying a shotgun while we were in Illinois. We had to do a NICS check because it was coming back to NY with us.

Well, back in the 70s he unknowingly bought a stolen car. Police stopped him one day, he gave em the story, they arrested the guy who sold it to him. Well, my dad was facing a misdemeanor for buying stolen goods...judge set it to a few hours of community service.

Sometime in the decades after, the crime he "committed" became a felony. His record was not discarded or grandfathered...My father became a Felon for something that had already went through a court and was sentenced on.

We were denied the shotgun, the Sheriffs came to our house and took all of his guns and threatened to take both my guns and my brother's guns.

We got out of it by putting them in our mom's house etc. etc. But he got a lawyer and it was worked out. Thankfully the sheriffs didn't damage his/my future guns...there is a lot of sentimental value there.
See what I mean folks.
The 'system' is not just broken, it is FUBAR!!!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #22

Liked 4986 Times on 2415 Posts
Likes Given: 1586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
Straw purchases are hard to prove so they only give the minimum sentence. And the criminal who can't have a firearm is only guilty of possession of a firearm, he can apply all he wants and thats not a crime until he is in possession. I just don't see UBC's as a path to registration. I think the intent is to just make it harder for criminals to buy guns without the UBC like gun shows or person to person. I am not a criminal so the thought of a UBC has no effect on me but if it helped keep guns out of the hands of criminals then that is good.
It will still be hard to prosecute either way. Your comment reads like you just want the current laws to be enforced ! Good luck with that !
...and the road to Hell is paved with the best "intent".

Yes, I want existing law enforced against criminals before I give a corrupt government more power in the form of more laws that will do nothing to help the problem.

Gun violence will never be preventable by a law or a cop. The only solution is to lock up violent offenders and throw away the key. This and ONLY this will lower violent gun deaths.

The same system that runs the revolving door prison system for violent thugs can kiss my ass... I will not be blessing or adhering to any of their NEW laws.

Tack

Old 03-11-2013, 01:52 AM   #23
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2724 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1386

I have no problem with the Straw Purchase being a felony as long as it has conditions. Example any sale from stranger to stranger should go through an FFL Dealer 4473. But sale or gift to any direct family member or dear friend would be permitted unless they were in violation of purchasing or possessing a weapon. Obviously a family member would know that. Then if they did anyway or have a doubt or neglected to research they would be subject to the charge. Ignorance of this fact would be no excuse! However, I am not at all supporting of "Any Bans or Confiscations at all! That is a violation of our Constitutional Rights as the Brady Bill Ban was a Constitutional violation in 1994-2004 which did absolutely nothing. But total registration is one of their future objective. Followed by the elimination of any weapon that would give us hope against a government out of control. (Semi-Auto AR-15s- Semi-Auto AKs-SKS-Semi-Auto Shotguns) "They Are Not Assault Rifles!" I am certainly hoping that never occurs but it could! Remember Hitler chose to disarm the citizens of Germany. And anyone who thinks differently of the above, better wake up! Study some history!

Those having guns are citizens. Those not having guns are subjects! And our Founding Fathers did not specify the guns could be randomly picked by our Government regarding which ones we could have and which ones we could not! It is a God given Second Amendment Right to Keep and Bear Arms! Any Gun! Something to think about! It is time we all stood up! Not only in speech but in action! Contact your Senators and Congressmen and do not be bashful or what is worse the words that make me want to puke that is the being Puppets and or "Political Correct" BS! Obviously they hope we just complain and do nothing else. Those who stand for nothing will stand for anything! And a lot of Americans are doing exactly that!
God Bless America! Pray for the Greatest Country on Earth! At least is still is at the present and we can keep it that way!
They would like us to think they have the ultimate power but they Do Not!
And we better get back as a society to being God fearing, moral and ethical True Americans and stand up for our country!
I did not want to make this as lengthy but we are in the fight of our life for our Second Amendment Rights, and the true America.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 03-11-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Old 03-11-2013, 02:46 AM   #24
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3100 Times on 1781 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

I would like to see current laws enforced.

Most gun owners are not the bad guys and will obey the law.
Bad guys are not the majority of gun owners and will disobey the law anyways.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 03-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2072 Times on 1225 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
I would like to see current laws enforced.

Most gun owners are not the bad guys and will obey the law.
Bad guys are not the majority of gun owners and will disobey the law anyways.
WHY, 95+% of them violate the 2nd Amendment?????

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-12-2013, 01:39 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1011 Times on 608 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
I have no problem with the Straw Purchase being a felony as long as it has conditions. Example any sale from stranger to stranger should go through an FFL Dealer 4473. But sale or gift to any direct family member or dear friend would be permitted unless they were in violation of purchasing or possessing a weapon. Obviously a family member would know that. T
Are you willing to accept a felony conviction if you didn't know about some obscure violation decades before by the purchaser?