OK City Pharmacist Found Guilty of Murder - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > OK City Pharmacist Found Guilty of Murder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2530 Times on 1390 Posts
Likes Given: 4014

Quote:
Beyond the video, the pharmacist went on the news telling stories that were not even close to the story told by the physical evidence. His story was so grandiose and changed so many times that I started to wonder if he was a mental patient. He even inflicted some wounds on himself about a week after the incident and went to his doctor claiming he had been shot. Weird deal, and in my opinion he contributed to his own conviction even more than the evidence did.
Erlsand and his lawyer did a some other stuff too. They got one judge off the case and tried to get judge Ray Elliott off the case because Elliott uttered the term "vetback" in reference to some Hispanics who worked for him. The OK Court of Criminal Appeals ruled that Elliott would hold the trial and he did. If i were a judge and a guy charged with murder tried to take me off the case it would po me just a little bit. i might get even when the guy came to trial.

To be fair; there is some figurative incest here too: The wife of judge Eliott works for the prosecutor.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

How is these even a point of debate??

Kid has a gun, threatens with a gun, insinuates he has a gun and wants to rob pharmacist.

Pharmacist has a justified shooting. At this point.

Then chases the other kid out of the store. Wrong move number one.

Then proceeds to come back in and shoot a wounded perp five more times!!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over?!?! Self Defense is you shoot until the threat is no longer a threat. Period. Not come back inside and administer a coup de grace to a downed, unconscious opponent.

The reason he was convicted by a jury of FIRST DEGREE MURDER is because he executed an unconscious person.

I don't care if the guy was a kid, or a crook, both or if he was the worst of the worst. You took your shot and you hit the guy, he went limp, you left the scene in pursuit of another member, then came back and shot a downed human being 5 more times!

Forget the lying to police, the news interviews, all that crap that happened after he shot the guy/kid the SECOND set of times.

He came back and executed an unconscious human being.

That is not self defense. That is not what 2A is about and I would like to think that is NOT what members of our forum are about.

JD

Old 05-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #13

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Right on the money JD.
"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
Remember:

1. Call 911.
2. Identify yourself as the victim, and point out the assailant.
3. Point out evidence.
4. Point out witnesses.
5. Tell the police you will cooperate fully, after 24 hours and an opportunity to speak with you attorney.

The 6th point should be "Don't do news interviews, and don't lie."
I like this - especially the phantom 6th point. Especially the don't lie part. The truth shall set you free.
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot over?!?! Self Defense is you shoot until the threat is no longer a threat. Period. Not come back inside and administer a coup de grace to a downed, unconscious opponent.

The reason he was convicted by a jury of FIRST DEGREE MURDER is because he executed an unconscious person.

I don't care if the guy was a kid, or a crook, both or if he was the worst of the worst. You took your shot and you hit the guy, he went limp, you left the scene in pursuit of another member, then came back and shot a downed human being 5 more times!

Forget the lying to police, the news interviews, all that crap that happened after he shot the guy/kid the SECOND set of times.

That is not self defense. That is not what 2A is about and I would like to think that is NOT what members of our forum are about.

JD
Its even worse - the kid he hit and downed was NOT the one with the gun (or at least a visible gun). The blonde kid with the visible gun bolted out the door.
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:37 AM   #16

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
How is these even a point of debate??

Kid has a gun, threatens with a gun, insinuates he has a gun and wants to rob pharmacist.

Pharmacist has a justified shooting. At this point.

Then chases the other kid out of the store. Wrong move number one.

JD
Indeed. I concur, the threat was down and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Its even worse - the kid he hit and downed was NOT the one with the gun (or at least a visible gun). The blonde kid with the visible gun bolted out the door.
That does not matter. Guilty by association, according to the law. Both would have been charged with armed robbery, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and/or murder if it occurred.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 05-29-2011, 01:52 AM   #17

Betting he's wishing he hadn't went back in and shot the guy 5 more times. Now he'll spend the rest of his days living with the type of scum he just killed.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:44 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2530 Times on 1390 Posts
Likes Given: 4014

Two adults with long rap sheets masterminded that robbery. At least one of those adults waited in the getaway car. Those two scumbags were sentenced to life in prison for murder. The little varmint with the gun was 14 years old at the time of the attempted robbery: He plead guilty to murder but will be out of prison in a couple of years because of our sorry juvenile laws.

Old 05-29-2011, 04:23 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I think Mr pharmacist did a great job, right up to the point he chased the perp out the door. The threat runs out the door and he is no longer a threat, the other guy is on the floor unconscious and bleeding from a hole in his head, no longer a threat. He should have kept the guy on the floor covered and got on the phone to the police. Or better yet the other employees in the store should have already BEEN on the phone to the police.

I commend him defending himself and his co-workers/employees, but this was over in seconds and should have stayed over.

I know that cool heads don't remain cool in a situation like this, but the results (his conviction of 1st degree murder) speak for themselves. I think that if you choose to be an armed citizen, then it is your responsibility to have the presence of mind to know when the threat is over.

With that said, the little piece of sh!t got what he deserved, a bullet to the head, too bad the other one didn't stick around long enough to get a matching one!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #20

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Well, I know that I found the right place here at FTF (although there is still a tinfoil-hat contingency here, but I guess that's unavoidable).

There is at least some common sense here and not a wall of internet bravado! When this 1st came out I posted that this was flat out murder on other boards, I was shouted down.

Pandamonium put it best

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
I think Mr pharmacist did a great job, right up to the point he chased the perp out the door.

...I commend him defending himself and his co-workers/employees, but this was over in seconds and should have stayed over.

... I think that if you choose to be an armed citizen, then it is your responsibility to have the presence of mind to know when the threat is over.

...With that said, the little piece of sh!t got what he deserved, a bullet to the head, too bad the other one didn't stick around long enough to get a matching one!

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA