Ohio school shooting this morning. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ohio school shooting this morning.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5010 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I wont have to worry about putting gas in my car ??? WTH. I bet she isnt saying that now at $4 + a gal when she was probably paying less than $2 at the time
People like her absolutely amaze me. You would think all americans, especially black Americans would be leery of anyone offering something for nothing?

Picking cotton for a roof and a meal has been replaced with voting democrat for gubmint housing and food stamps.

IMHO the democratic party is today's slave holder with millions of dependent supporters and the modern Republicans are not much better.

She represents the ultimate destination for all would would hand over thier liberty in exchange for the promise of something for nothing.
Tack

Old 03-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #12

When it comes down to it though bullying is a real thing. Ive expierenced it first hand my junior year of highschool (now im a senior) everyday I was fighting in school and fighting out of school. But what do you do when your dad never taught you to fight or you never had to before? Or never told you to fight. So im gonna have to agree bad parenting but bullying is a bad situation as well and thats coming from a 18 year old who hasnt lost fight. Thats why if I ever see someone getting picked on thats defenseless and you can see it ill be the first to step up and help because you never know what that kid might want to do

Old 03-02-2012, 05:41 PM   #13

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybirdzz View Post
When it comes down to it though bullying is a real thing. Ive expierenced it first hand my junior year of highschool (now im a senior) everyday I was fighting in school and fighting out of school. But what do you do when your dad never taught you to fight or you never had to before? Or never told you to fight. So im gonna have to agree bad parenting but bullying is a bad situation as well and thats coming from a 18 year old who hasnt lost fight. Thats why if I ever see someone getting picked on thats defenseless and you can see it ill be the first to step up and help because you never know what that kid might want to do
I won't agree or disagree, i'll just say that this conversation cannot become about whether or not bullying is "bad". We all know it's "bad" but if it becomes about that, then guns lose.

he was bullied and shot people, bullying is bad, therefore guns are bad. That *IS* how these dumb liberals will start talking. In other words, being bullied was irrelevant. This kid was unstable and off kilter to begin with because of his bad upbringing.

This is a direct result of bad parenting and liberal ideology. Bullying had very little, if anything, to do with a kid who was conditioned from the very beginning to think that he's entitled to anything, and can take by force whatever he wants.

In this case, what he took by force was revenge. It's sad and it's wrong and it has to be called what it is.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #14

Liked 226 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 450

I agree Tack, I've been saying it for awhile now, the school systems are forcing kids to be candyasses cuz they fear getting in "trouble", they won't or don't fight back until it builds to the point that they snap, I too had that problem in school, I wouldn't do anything for awhile until it got me to the boiling point then I exploded, but I didn't shoot anyone, I just kicked their ass. I will teach my future kids, whether boy or girls, to have a zero tolerance for that crap, first time someone deliberately disrespects them, break their nose, they will find the bullies don't say too much after that.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #15

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I also agree with tack, I've taught my daughter to give them a warning and a chance to change their ways if not you change em for them. She's 8 now but when she was in 1st grade a kid was bullying her i reminded her what to do. She was nicer then i would be even gave him two chances. on the third when he cut her hair she bashed his head agaisnt his desk. After a long and i do mean loooong convo with the school the other kid was moved to a different class and my daughter didn't get into any trouble, beside the timeout right after the incedent. Kids need to stop being so sensitive what ever happend to stick and stones???

Old 03-02-2012, 06:12 PM   #16

Liked 5010 Times on 2429 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg View Post
I agree Tack, I've been saying it for awhile now, the school systems are forcing kids to be candyasses cuz they fear getting in "trouble", they won't or don't fight back until it builds to the point that they snap, I too had that problem in school, I wouldn't do anything for awhile until it got me to the boiling point then I exploded, but I didn't shoot anyone, I just kicked their ass. I will teach my future kids, whether boy or girls, to have a zero tolerance for that crap, first time someone deliberately disrespects them, break their nose, they will find the bullies don't say too much after that.
Exactly...and let your kids know that IF they get in trouble at school for defending themselves, YOU will back them up. If that means taking a few days off to deal with a suspension by doing something fun with your kid then so be it.

IMO the violent explosions come as much from parents supporting zero tolerance policies as from the policies themselves.

Strong parenting is essential but your kids must know that it comes from love and that at the end of the day you are on there side.

Tack

Old 03-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #17

Liked 226 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 450

I never understood the whole 3 day suspension thing as punishment for fighting, to me 3 days off school is a reward not a punishment.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #18

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Children who are not allowed to adopt to their enviroment will become heipless dependent adults. Who said modern education does not work.