Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ohio school shooting this morning.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4678 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Default Ohio school shooting this morning.

Apparently a HS junior who's described as a bit of an outcast brought a revolver into the cafeteria at about 7:30 am and opened fire on a table of former playmates. Sounds like the boys were friends in junior high before drifting apart in HS after the shooter got into the "gothic" scene.

1 dead and 3 or 4 wounded.

I'm speculating at this point by I'd bet the revolver belongs to a parent or grandparent who "thought" this boy was well trained and stable.

I trust my teens with firearms and can not imagine a situation where they would try to harm there classmates. I'm certain this boys parents felt the same way yet they now have the nightmare of knowing that there child just killed someone elses child.

Positive control people. On your hip or locked up is the only way to be sure.

At this point, I'd fully support prosecution of the gun owner who allowed a minor access to this gun.

Tack

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-27-2012, 06:02 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Bullying should not be tolerated at any level of life. Schools need to teach children the importance of getting along. However, that is an impossible task when societies in its self can not get along. America is a low context society, and has become a society of punishment rather than education.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
Bullying should not be tolerated at any level of life. Schools need to teach children the importance of getting along. However, that is an impossible task when societies in its self can not get along. America is a low context society, and has become a society of punishment rather than education.
I'm sorry Ranger 6 but bullying has existed since cavemen discovered hunger and sex. Human males have always "and will always" bully weaker males.

The problem is NOT the natural manner in which males establish dominance. The problem IS the zero tolerance policies our idiot educators foster.

In my day, if a boy had a problem, he beat the **** out of that problem. Problem was sloved.

In this day and age we have dip **** parents who teach there boys to "use words instead of fists". This is a big mistake. It creates a situation where the kid being verbally bullied CAN'T lash out physically and put and end to it.

It builds in grammar school
It builds in middle school
It explodes in High School, typically with a large body count.

On this matter:
Teach your boys that the educators are WRONG
Teach your boys to FIGHT
Reasure them that if they need to swing, YOU will be in there corner

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 03-02-2012 at 03:55 AM.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 AM   #4

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Bulling is just another tool for lawyers to make money with. They are now saying he was not bullied. There is and always has been evil people in our world. This SOB is just evil.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #5

Tackleberry, you hit the nail on the head. I was one of those bullied kids, I got picked on, pushed around, all that. Never once did I think to shoot up the place. Never. Sometimes it came to knuckling up. It was all just kid stuff. Some of those bullies became great friends later down the line.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2051 Times on 1110 Posts
Likes Given: 3084

Quote:
I got picked on, pushed around, all that.
So did i. Five years after graduation i found the big sob in a beer joint. Went to the bartender, bought a roll of quarters, stuck them in my fist and sucker punched the sob. i broke his jaw in two places and his upper jaw in one place. That sob remembered me until he died.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #7

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
I'm sorry, but America is not a society of punishment, America has become a society of entitlement and reward. Set on your ass, vote for this guy, and do nothing, and everything will be okay. Watch this for a great example:

Too many people feel they are entitled to everything they want, so when they get bullied a little bit, they feel justified in taking a gun to school and killing innocent children (the gunman even said his targets were chosen at random)

Like Tackle said above - this is what happens when kids use their "words" instead of their fists. The words fall on deaf ears, and the resentment grows until the kid takes a gun from daddy's underwear drawer and goes to school to do some talking of his own.

It's a result of too much liberal ideology and BAD PARENTING.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 03-02-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

I'm sorry, but America is not a society of punishment, America has become a society of entitlement and reward. Set on your ass, vote for this guy, and do nothing, and everything will be okay. Watch this for a great example:

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg98BvqUvCc

Too many people feel they are entitled to everything they want, so when they get bullied a little bit, they feel justified in taking a gun to school and killing innocent children (the gunman even said his targets were chosen at random)

Like Tackle said above - this is what happens when kids use their "words" instead of their fists. The words fall on deaf ears, and the resentment grows until the kid takes a gun from daddy's underwear drawer and goes to school to do some talking of his own.

It's a result of too much liberal ideology and BAD PARENTING.
None of that liberal hippy bs in my house. Good video

Old 03-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01hugo View Post
Tackleberry, you hit the nail on the head. I was one of those bullied kids, I got picked on, pushed around, all that. Never once did I think to shoot up the place. Never. Sometimes it came to knuckling up. It was all just kid stuff. Some of those bullies became great friends later down the line.
I raised mine to stand up for themselves and for anyone else, even it was a friend doing the bullying. Funny story, my "almost 20 YO son", while in 7th grade, had a sharp tounged cass make "verbally" picking on him to the point where he did not want to go to school. It never occured to my son that he could beat this kids ass because the kid was smaller than he was. I explained that verbal insults were NO DIFFERENT that physical attacks and told him to challenge this other boy to an "after school" meeting next time the insults began. The young smart ass was foolish enough to not only show up but to take the first swing! It ended with the insult artist holding his bloody nose, crying, and threatening to tell his dad! HAHhHa

Old 03-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #10

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

I wont have to worry about putting gas in my car ??? WTH. I bet she isnt saying that now at $4 + a gal when she was probably paying less than $2 at the time