Officer Needs Assistance - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Officer Needs Assistance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Evidently,they think you're not as sick as you say. Why don't you go to the VA (9yrs. us army) for help? Lots of programs there.

There are 2 sides to every story and you told us your side. I do know that in NYC They have many people (9-11) that have "retired" early. They can obviously not afford it and have tightned requirments for early retirement.

If it is as you say,by law,they can't deprive you of what is lawfully yours. I wish you the best.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
My first thought is you need to bring this to the media in an appropriate way. I live in Rochester. Bob Lonsberry (email bob@lonsberry.com) is a local talk show host with the largest audience during the day in Rochester. Email him, try to arrange a time to meet with him and present him with the findings of the psychs and the rejections from the state. Explain your story. If everything is as you explain here, this seems to me like the sort of thing he would champion.

New York has a huge fiscal problem, but they hate negative press.

Good luck.
It's ironic that you mention this. Bob Lonsberry was one of the first people I emailed. Haven't yet received a reply, but still hopeful.

The good thing is that as soon as I had an inkling that they were going to screw me I began keeping copies of everything. The file is now over three inches thick and I welcome anyone to review it as it proves my case without doubt.

- Vito

Old 08-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardrock View Post
Evidently,they think you're not as sick as you say. Why don't you go to the VA (9yrs. us army) for help? Lots of programs there.

There are 2 sides to every story and you told us your side. I do know that in NYC They have many people (9-11) that have "retired" early. They can obviously not afford it and have tightned requirments for early retirement.

If it is as you say,by law,they can't deprive you of what is lawfully yours. I wish you the best.
Actually, they (City of Binghamton & NYS) simply don't want to provide any benefits. The City itself seized all of my personal firearms without cause or warrant due to my PTSD, so it's ridiculous that they could even say they don't believe the PTSD. I'm still fighting to get my personal property back (and no, I've made no type of threats against myself or others).

As for their side, they won't even provide a basis for their denial which the attorneys say is just ludicrous. It all comes down to money.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all saying that the City and State doesn't have the right to protect themselves against malingerers. There indeed have been people seeking benefits that were not entitled to them.

It's the fact that I've complied with every step of the process and submitted to exams by their own doctors, all of which have concurred that I am permanently disabled due to line-of-duty PTSD, and the City and State are still keeping me in limbo in the hope that I will just give up and go away.

Further, stripping me of my healthcare, forcing me to live on foodstamps, and then cutting off my water and condemning my house were just well beyond the realm of fairness.

Thank you all for your support.

- Vito

PS - Forgot to address the VA thing. I am applying for VA benefits but they are unlikely as they have very strict criteria (have to have been in a combat zone within past five years, awarded purple heart, etc.). I am receiving treatment as I've already won my Worker's Comp suit against the City, but Worker's Comp in NY has changed and it is now a time-limited benefit which does expire. It currently provides me with short-term ability to live, which is why I'm no longer on foodstamps, but my future is still in grave jeopardy until I win my full-term benefits. Hope this helps explain...

Last edited by Vvincelli; 08-03-2010 at 04:25 PM.