You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Office Depot conflict

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2015, 10:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 176 Times on 115 Posts

Default Office Depot conflict

Ok so I was just at office Depot trying to ship off a wilson combat barrel for exchange. (Wanted a longer length ) I had the barrel packaged up ready to go but needed to print off a return slip from the Web sight.

After printing off the return slip, I told the associate I was ready to ship. She looked at the Web page and informed me office Depot doesn't ship firearms. I politely stated it wasn't a firearm and that it's a barrel. Nothing more than a chunk of metal.

She was adamant about it being a firearm. I asked to speak to a manager to clarify the rules. (I really just knew this lady didn't know what the hell she was talking about)
So a manager comes over, I explained the situation and she asked to see what I was shipping. I showed her, and grabs it from me, quickly slams it in the box I pulled it from and told me they don't ship firearms and tells me to leave the store!

How crazy are these people!? She acted like the barrel was going to somehow shoot by itself. I will never do business with then again!
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-23-2015, 12:03 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5939 Times on 3957 Posts
Likes Given: 3074

All too familiar. She probably believed she could get you arrested, and enjoyed the opportunity to treat someone like a bum. With impunity.

That said... Number one, glad it wasn't me. I could've flared up, then regretted it. Truth is, you have no rights. They may or may not have some obscure corporate policy. Cut to the chase, move on.

Next time, don't ship from any big box store. They are all PC $hits. Spoken with 1st hand knowledge and from the heart.

Old 07-23-2015, 12:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
All too familiar. She probably believed she could get you arrested, and enjoyed the opportunity to treat someone like a bum. With impunity.

That said... Number one, glad it wasn't me. I could've flared up, then regretted it. Truth is, you have no rights. They may or may not have some obscure corporate policy. Cut to the chase, move on.

Next time, don't ship from any big box store. They are all PC $hits. Spoken with 1st hand knowledge and from the heart.
Trust me when I say I'm short tempered. It took every bit of me to remain calm. I was with my family so that helped keep the hulk at bay :-)
People Like This 
Old 07-23-2015, 12:20 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1783 Times on 1046 Posts
Likes Given: 312

Not worth getting upset over.

Write a LETTER to corporate headquarters.
People Like This 
Old 07-23-2015, 12:24 AM   #5

Liked 92 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Description: Machined components / steel tube / steel mechanism / machined sub-assembly for PN:1911, you can be creative without lying.

I had the Despot ship off an FAL lower with the description of "stamped steel sub-assembly" with no problems.

Last edited by 4thPointOfContact; 07-23-2015 at 12:27 AM.
People Like This 
Old 07-23-2015, 01:19 AM   #6
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10460 Times on 6242 Posts
Likes Given: 15334

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thPointOfContact View Post
Description: Machined components / steel tube / steel mechanism / machined sub-assembly for PN:1911, you can be creative without lying.

I had the Despot ship off an FAL lower with the description of "stamped steel sub-assembly" with no problems.
NICE!! That's very gppd thinking. I'm impressed.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 07-23-2015, 02:06 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5939 Times on 3957 Posts
Likes Given: 3074

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
NICE!! That's very gppd thinking.
...unless you encounter someone who is alert to "suspicious contents".

If you want to "beat the system" - go for it. Otherwise, box your stuff at home, print the label on your computer, and drop off at any location.
People Like This 
Old 07-23-2015, 02:27 AM   #8
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 13353 Times on 5667 Posts
Likes Given: 2214

For a barrel, you can also hit the Post Office for a Flat Rate Box, send Priority Mail.

And yes, you met a Dingbat. Send a nice polite letter to Corporate, outline the RUDE treatment you received. By POORLY trained staff.
People Like This 
Old 07-23-2015, 02:54 AM   #9

Liked 634 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thPointOfContact View Post

What I was about to post. I've shipped through UPS & FedEx without any problems. I shipped my Wilson CQB through UPS & accurately described the contents: "Pistol." I also bought some insurance because I told the UPS guy it was a $2,500.00 pistol. The insurance was only around $40.00 but Wilson gave me two free mags.

Later, after I read about gun thefts with UPS, I shipped my Ruger Super Redhawk & instead of "Gun," I wrote "Machined Parts" in the description.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 07-23-2015, 02:59 AM   #10

I'm still shocked. My wife says she assaulted me when the manager grabbed the barrel from me. I didn't notice it but I guess it could be considered that. I just don't understand what would cause such a reaction and scene. I would understand if I pulled out a pistol but damn it's just a barel. Crazy.
kfox75 Likes This