Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > "Offensive" photo of a Springfield 1911 GI Model

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 03:08 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

What about going over her head?

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 11-25-2011, 03:08 AM   #32
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8316 Times on 3595 Posts
Likes Given: 1280

Perhaps I can help out a bit. I think I met her in Moderator school. Is this her?

asshat_by_thundercake.jpg

As the man said, pick your battles- and that one just ain't worth it. However, I am concerned that you failed to see her logic. That means that you ASSUMED she was being logical.

I used to work for a company that had a "no guns in the office" policy. Had a friend that worked in the home orifice, who had a visit from security one day. They had "had a complaint" that he had a representation of a gun on display in the office. Puzzled, he asks "HUH? WHERE?"

They pointed to a framed print on the wall. Had a man working, with a flintlock lying nearby. He looked at it, turned back to security staff, said "Get out of my office NOW, idiot. THAT is the official seal of the company you work for!"

Now if you are not acquainted with the condition, it is a form of mental illness known as Hoplophobia. (Seriously) That is an irrational fear of inanimate objects. Recognized as such in medical circles. Suggesting that the party offended seek treatment will probably not win you any points over there.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:30 AM   #33
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6675 Times on 4038 Posts
Likes Given: 7938

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
Sometimes I wonder about you guys.
Sometimes???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo323 View Post
Yes, and post your Springfield avatar as well!
As long as it is not carried by Michelle Obama "riding" a donkey, I'm sure it will be OK on FTF!
Gordo, I KNOW somethings wrong with you.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:35 AM   #34

hey, I didn't pick that battle, that battle picked me. Hoplophobia, eh? I will have to write that one down.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:44 AM   #35
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19579 Times on 11111 Posts
Likes Given: 49290

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giveth View Post
Well I find yours equally offensive if not more offensive. And quite frankly it hurts my feelings. Because I don't even own a 1911
well get unoffensive and get one! i will support your decision to get one. as soon as i pick up my new SA Loaded Micro Compact 45, i will edit my avatar and make it less offensive!

in all seriousness though, i think you did the right thing, and there will always be people who are offended by guns and people who own guns. these people believe in someone else to insure their safety, (LEO) but they can't be everywhere at all times, and most times on are only able to react to crime, not prevent it. most of that is just because they are just outnumbered and spread too thin to be able provide a presence that prevents crime. so this is one of my reasons for owning guns, so as not to be a victim or rely on others to insure my safety.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:48 AM   #36
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2554 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Hoplophobes abound! Hand wringing liberals that are afraid of weapons. Cigarettes, cars, and prescription drugs claim far more lives than firearms every year, but trying to communicate logically to the illogical is an exercise in futility.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-25-2011, 04:28 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Hoplophobes abound! Hand wringing liberals that are afraid of weapons. Cigarettes, cars, and prescription drugs claim far more lives than firearms every year, but trying to communicate logically to the illogical is an exercise in futility.
i agree 100%! many also believe if guns were eliminated, crime will cease to exist.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:30 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
well get unoffensive and get one! i will support your decision to get one. as soon as i pick up my new SA Loaded Micro Compact 45, i will edit my avatar and make it less offensive!

in all seriousness though, i think you did the right thing, and there will always be people who are offended by guns and people who own guns.
When I have to change something in order to cater to someone's irrational feelings, something is terribly wrong with our society. I am not sure I blame the moderator though, although I know she is against guns, I do believe there was actually a complaint. And, being an addiction recovery forum, it is all about people's feelings, for the most part. I believe she was only doing what she felt obligated to do. I did express my distaste and the absurdity of the issue to an admin and I feel better now.

About getting one... have you seen the movie the christmas story? Well, the tale will be a similar one, except I will be throwing some 230 grain 45ACP down range as opposed to some 6mm Copper BBS

Old 11-25-2011, 04:32 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Amen to that

Old 11-25-2011, 04:39 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giveth View Post
When I have to change something in order to cater to someone's irrational feelings, something is terribly wrong with our society. I am not sure I blame the moderator though, although I know she is against guns, I do believe there was actually a complaint. And, being an addiction recovery forum, it is all about people's feelings, for the most part. I believe she was only doing what she felt obligated to do. I did express my distaste and the absurdity of the issue to an admin and I feel better now.

About getting one... have you seen the movie the christmas story? Well, the tale will be a similar one, except I will be throwing some 230 grain 45ACP down range as opposed to some 6mm Copper BBS
you will put you eye out with one of those! hope you hurry up and get a 1911! because once you get one, you're looking for the next one.