"Offensive" photo of a Springfield 1911 GI Model - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

"Offensive" photo of a Springfield 1911 GI Model

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 12:30 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
Let's see that Ruger 22/45 Target Model.
Y'all will, in due time... Posting pics on forums seems to be like rocket science or something, in my mind. I am pretty tech-savvy but posting pics seems over complicated, perhaps it is easier here though. When I get my new baby I will pic whore it to death on here, you can count on that.

Old 11-25-2011, 12:46 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giveth View Post
Y'all will, in due time... Posting pics on forums seems to be like rocket science or something, in my mind. I am pretty tech-savvy but posting pics seems over complicated, perhaps it is easier here though. When I get my new baby I will pic whore it to death on here, you can count on that.
Yes, and post your Springfield avatar as well!
As long as it is not carried by Michelle Obama "riding" a donkey, I'm sure it will be OK on FTF!

Old 11-25-2011, 12:58 AM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Talking

[QUOTE=Giveth;635233]Y'all will, in due time... Posting pics on forums seems to be like rocket science or something, in my mind. I am pretty tech-savvy but posting pics seems over complicated, perhaps it is easier here though. When I get my new baby I will pic whore it to death on here, you can count on that.[/QUOTE

i'm not tech savvy when it comes to computers! but welcome to the forum! check out my avatar! wonder if they would find me offensive too? oh well. i think you handled the situation very politely and agree you had some valid points and i agree with your reasons too. i have been on many forums, and find this forum has some of the friendliest people. some i have been a member of, no one will hardly even respond to your questions or posts. i felt like an outsider and unwanted. on this forum, people will poke fun at you, joke with you, debate subjects with you and more. this is a truly great forum. as much as i know about guns, there is probably more that i don't know and some of the members are virtual fountains of knowledge. on a lighter note, Happy Thanksgiving, and i hope everyone is as stuffed and miserable as i am!

Old 11-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo323 View Post
Yes, and post your Springfield avatar as well!
As long as it is not carried by Michelle Obama "riding" a donkey, I'm sure it will be OK on FTF!
This sounds like my kind of forum then. But the Michelle Obama "riding" a donkey carrying a 1911 sounds like a damn sweet avatar.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:02 AM   #25

[quote=axxe55;635254]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giveth View Post
Y'all will, in due time... Posting pics on forums seems to be like rocket science or something, in my mind. I am pretty tech-savvy but posting pics seems over complicated, perhaps it is easier here though. When I get my new baby I will pic whore it to death on here, you can count on that.[/QUOTE

i'm not tech savvy when it comes to computers! but welcome to the forum! check out my avatar! wonder if they would find me offensive too? oh well. i think you handled the situation very politely and agree you had some valid points and i agree with your reasons too. i have been on many forums, and find this forum has some of the friendliest people. some i have been a member of, no one will hardly even respond to your questions or posts. i felt like an outsider and unwanted. on this forum, people will poke fun at you, joke with you, debate subjects with you and more. this is a truly great forum. as much as i know about guns, there is probably more that i don't know and some of the members are virtual fountains of knowledge. on a lighter note, Happy Thanksgiving, and i hope everyone is as stuffed and miserable as i am!
Oh yes, I know it is, like I said I have been around here quite a while, with the phone app and all, but I just now made an account. I tend to get bored sitting in a deer stand and I do a lot of reading on this site off my phone. I kind of got off to a bad start with this post though, haha.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:20 AM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i think im gonna complain. dont want you feeling left out
oh man! dont do that to me!

Old 11-25-2011, 02:00 AM   #27

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Just curious, did that Mod respond?

Old 11-25-2011, 02:29 AM   #28

Yes. She said "I'm sorry you feel that way and thank you for removing it."

In all honesty, though, I have my suspicions about who actually made a "complaint". From my experience, she has made it clear that she is very "anti gun", and anti hunting, and you know... all of those delightful things.

It took all I had to avoid replying and making it clear that I wasn't sorry. If anything I was sorry she felt that way. It's ridiculous. I started a thread in September in the "social group" area of the forums for firearms enthusiasts. I haven't had a single complaint. In hindsight though, this is no big deal. I was asked to change my avatar, so I did. The world still turns. I will live.

However, I cannot wrap my mind around the logic. If I didn't like the site, and spend a lot of time there, I would leave it as my avatar and just let them ban me.

Seriously, her avatar literally depicts an alligator guilty of eating people. But I can't have a picture of a well crafted piece of art? A fine tool capable of saving lives, and providing pleasure and enjoyment? It's not like my picture showed a dead body pumped full of lead, or a gun in the hands of an irresponsible, malicious human being. No. It was a Springfield 1911 (not sure what model exactly, looks like a mix between a Mil-Spec and a GI model) resting on a wooden deck (?) with three full magazines laying beside it. But because someone complained I had to remove it, but oh wait, according to her "there are a lot of reasons". I would love to hear those reasons.

She happens to be canadian, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, I am not sure what the stance is on firearms up there. Where I come from though, you would be considered insane if you got your feelings hurt by seeing a picture of a random handgun, just laying there- doing what inanimate objects do best.

There might not be anything I can do, but I feel the need to express how absurd I find this to be.

I will be updating my avatar on here with the photo, feel free to let me know how offensive it is.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:41 AM   #29
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Talking

i find it very offensive because you only have one 1911 in the picture and not more!

Old 11-25-2011, 03:01 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i find it very offensive because you only have one 1911 in the picture and not more!
Well I find yours equally offensive if not more offensive. And quite frankly it hurts my feelings. Because I don't even own a 1911