You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

OC Texas is at it Again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 12:34 AM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3509 Times on 1954 Posts
Likes Given: 1805

Now OCT is passing out death threats and verbally attacking elderly women.

The death threats began, James Henry recalled, about an hour after the confrontation. “One of them said, ‘You’re going to wish you had a gun, boy, when I fill you full of holes.’”

A 35-year-old former Marine, Henry was fresh from an encounter with an increasingly common phenomenon in North Texas: an Open Carry rally, where advocates gather in public places with semiautomatic rifles.

Henry said he simply wanted to make a video of the Memorial Day demonstration by the small but well-armed crowd. Then tempers rose and some curses flew. He left, and before long, he said, hostile phone calls began rolling in.

Thus far, Henry said last week, no violent action has followed. But he and many others worry about the combination of inflamed passions, heated arguments and loaded weapons.

“You know what’s going to happen,” Henry said. “Sooner or later somebody is going to start shooting. ... Someone is going to get killed.”

A 60-year-old Collin County woman, who asked not to be identified, said she was driving to a mall in March when she saw men with guns on a State Highway 121 overpass. She did not know they were Open Carry members, and she called Plano police.
Several weeks later, an Open Carry supporter posted her name and phone number on YouTube. She began to receive threatening texts and calls, she said.
“They were calling me names I haven’t heard since I was in middle school,” she said. “They were calling me a whore and all kinds of nasty names. … I think there’s some really crazy, unstable people out there.”
She added: “I grew up in rural Texas, where all my family were hunters and gun people. I’m not anti-gun. But a real man and a real hunter would never, ever carry an assault weapon intimidating people.”
Grisham said the Open Carry member should not have made the woman’s name and number public. “He did it for the right reasons,” Grisham said. “It was just bad execution.”

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metro/20140607-texas-open-carry-movement-raises-passions-threats.ece

Yup, these are the guys-n-gals we should have representing Open Carry and the 2nd Amendment. Go Grisham go, you idiot!

Old 06-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3946 Times on 1769 Posts
Likes Given: 3569

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
Did anybody say what OCT is doing IS Illegal or should be Illegal?

If OCT keeps it up sure as shooting what they are doing will Become Illegal.

Hellofa game plan doncha think?
NO, I don't think it's a hellofa game plan. I never said it was.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #63
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 4124 Times on 2106 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
Edit: we need to make LE our allies in the fight for our rights, and not our enemy. if we want to change how LE treats a person open carrying then maybe we need to help educate them. show them we are an asset they can use rather than being a liability or an aggravation to them. lets help educate our communities. show them we are responsible and that our presense is beneficial to the community in helping to deter criminal activity. this is going to be a long and slow process, but will benefit all of us if we work together in a responsible manner.
We have been doing training for about 6 months on this very issue. OC of long guns is legal in Texas. We get calls on OC folks occasionally (just not OCT activists). We go, observe and insure they are not "brandishing" or otherwise intending to alarm. Then we go away. Subsequent callers get a phone call from me advising of the legality of the practice.

It is amazing how many hoplophobes there are in the suburban and rural areas. They need to move back into the city where they can huddle up with their fellow hand wringers.

Opening day of dove season is a hoot. "OMG, there is a man in a field wearing camoflage clothing pointing a "rifle" in the air. I think he just killed a bird!!!" Yup, it is called "hunting". "But he killed a bird". Yup. and he will probably eat it too! "OMG!! He is actually going to eat it? That is just wrong." Have a nice day. If you see him again, call 119 and we will take care of it. That's right 119, because 911 is for emergencies. 119 is for non-sensical dim wits like you who have everything backwards.
People Like This