OC Texas is at it Again
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

OC Texas is at it Again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1391 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Default OC Texas is at it Again

As you all know OC Texas has been at the forefront of a Major open carry controversy in Texas. They have single handedly forced several restaurants and food chains to get into the 2nd Amendment political arena and ultimately ban firearms from their establishments.

With and unusual and rare moment of clarity Mr. Grisham, the head of OCT, issued a statement that he and his followers would refrain from Open carrying of long guns into private businesses. His reason was that he believed OCT was doing more harm that good for the 2nd and he was right.

http://opencarrytexas.wordpress.com/2014/05/23/joint-statement-on-oc-of-long-arms/

Well, that didn't last very long, as Mr. Grisham and his bunch of idiots are now out and about parading around in Target stores with long guns slung over their shoulders. It appears that forcing Restaurants and Food Chains to ban guns wasn't enough for Grisham as he has set his sights on Major Retail corporations like Target.

Target has some very long arms and their corporate entity is far more reaching than just your local Target store near the Mall. This is a major world wide company and when the Corporate big wigs come down hard against Grisham and his idiots it will be far more devastating to the 2nd than anything we have seen so far.

Target was founded by the Dayton-Hudson co here in MN. They have a long reputation of supporting conservative candidates and 2nd amendment rights. All except the "Black Sheep" of the family Gov. Mark (Goofy) Dayton. Their past history and 2nd Amendment support will undoubtedly go out the window when it interferes with their Corporate Profits.

Look for Target to issue a statement banning firearms in all of their Target Stores AND in all the other Major retail outlets they own across America.

Thanks Open Carry Texas, you are doing a bang-up job. Keep up the good work you Moron.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/moms-demand-action-turn-their-sights-to-target-stores-after-finding-old-open-carry-photo/

http://www.twincities.com/nation/ci_25889795/armed-gun-rights-demonstration-at-texas-target-store

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/06/guns-target-store-open-carry-texas
hawkguy Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2879 Times on 1580 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Are you sure the open carrier leadership are pro gun? The damage they are doing makes them look more like anti gunners. They are sure helping the anti gun cause and it makes sense that they would infiltrate and cause mayhem to push the anti gun cause. The pro gunners need to do a background check on their leadership and/or instigators.
People Like This 
Old 06-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #3

Liked 3306 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 3049

You keep saying they forced these business's to ban guns. How did they FORCE anyone to do that? I saw no force used anywhere. Why do you guys not understand what's going on in Texas? It's against the law to OC a handgun there. That's what they are protesting. Before you jump the gun and say there is no reason for OC of handguns either let me tell you why you need it. Let's just say for the sake of argument that you should CC your handgun, you still don't want some over zealous cop arresting you because the wind blew your shirt or coat open. These people don't have to ban guns totally all they have to do is say no OC in their business. Nobody is forcing them to do this.
People Like This 
Old 06-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #4

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
You keep saying they forced these business's to ban guns. How did they FORCE anyone to do that? I saw no force used anywhere. Why do you guys not understand what's going on in Texas? It's against the law to OC a handgun there. That's what they are protesting. Before you jump the gun and say there is no reason for OC of handguns either let me tell you why you need it. Let's just say for the sake of argument that you should CC your handgun, you still don't want some over zealous cop arresting you because the wind blew your shirt or coat open. These people don't have to ban guns totally all they have to do is say no OC in their business. Nobody is forcing them to do this.

Target has an obligation to it's share holders to do anything to protect profits. If Target feels that armed civilians are no longer an asset they will start slapping the 30/06 signs on every store. Target is not going to get drug into the fight. Target is at least going to issue a statement saying they prefer that customers leave their guns outside. They may not put up signs. Corporate could just put up signs in areas that are deemed a problem.

Last edited by John_Deer; 06-07-2014 at 06:35 PM.
People Like This 
Old 06-07-2014, 11:04 PM   #5

Liked 3306 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 3049

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Target has an obligation to it's share holders to do anything to protect profits. If Target feels that armed civilians are no longer an asset they will start slapping the 30/06 signs on every store. Target is not going to get drug into the fight. Target is at least going to issue a statement saying they prefer that customers leave their guns outside. They may not put up signs. Corporate could just put up signs in areas that are deemed a problem.
If you are going to quote me, at least address what I posted. I said all they have to do is ban OC they don't have to ban CC.
Eagle1803 Likes This 
Old 06-07-2014, 11:12 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 854 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Idiots at work to ruin our cause that we are trying to protect.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
People Like This 
Old 06-07-2014, 11:28 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 486 Times on 269 Posts
Likes Given: 970

*EDIT: TO MSERIC

I'm sorry, but you are very ignorant.

The date of the letter saying not to OC in private businesses is dated 5/23/14. Here is a direct quote from the first article, which clearly you did not bother to read all of.

"It certainly looks like Moms Demand Action is really reaching on this one. The photo posted above was posted on the Open Carry Texas Facebook page all the way back in March.

The group has since changed its stance on the open carry of long guns in private businesses, particularly national chains."

I know that you are super eager to go and bash OC since you personally do not do it, but please, read the WHOLE article next time. Don't just buy into this anti-gunner bull**** because you hate OC.

Last edited by Franklin1995; 06-08-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Tackleberry1 Likes This 
Old 06-07-2014, 11:34 PM   #8

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
...and we have an obligation to reduce the profits of any corporation that takes any anti gun stance.

So called 2A supporters should stop worry about corporate "obligations" and start worrying about their own obligation to the cause.
Franklin1995 Likes This 
Old 06-07-2014, 11:48 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 854 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin1995 View Post
I'm sorry, but you are very ignorant.

The date of the letter saying not to OC in private businesses is dated 5/23/14. Here is a direct quote from the first article, which clearly you did not bother to read all of.

"It certainly looks like Moms Demand Action is really reaching on this one. The photo posted above was posted on the Open Carry Texas Facebook page all the way back in March.

The group has since changed its stance on the open carry of long guns in private businesses, particularly national chains."

I know that you are super eager to go and bash OC since you personally do not do it, but please, read the WHOLE article next time. Don't just buy into this anti-gunner bull**** because you hate OC.

If you are quoting me you are wrong....I do OC on some occasions, but its cool were I do it at...we are all 2A here......Call me ignorant to my face....Its easy to do it on a computer....of course if you are quoting me.

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:08 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 486 Times on 269 Posts
Likes Given: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1803 View Post
If you are quoting me you are wrong....I do OC on some occasions, but its cool were I do it at...we are all 2A here......Call me ignorant to my face....Its easy to do it on a computer....of course if you are quoting me.
I was talking to the OP. I changed my post to reflect that.