Obama's Letter/ Arizona Post ;RE;Guns & 2A - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Obama's Letter/ Arizona Post ;RE;Guns & 2A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hustleman View Post
so far there's no "ban guns!"

let's read what he actually said and not what we WISHED he said

I can't speak for the next person, but I see something TERRIBLY wrong with this! The man was unfit, but where did he buy the gun from?

where's the "gun control" in this?

He stated that he agrees that we have the right to bear arms. He's also stated the fact that he HAS NOT cut short the rights of gun owners at all - in fact he's given them MORE rights. But the handgun community won't even say "thank you"
First, he doesn't give me any RIGHT to do anything!! Our rights are granted by our creator, ACKNOWLEDGED by the Bill of Rights! NOT Obama!
And you think I/we should be thanking him for NOT trying to ILLEAGALY restrict or take away our Constitutional Right? WTF!!

another true fact.

This is true, but I kinda disagree with it a little, yes, guns do kill, but cars kill more, so are the requirements for getting a drivers license gonna get more strict? Accidents on the road kill more than guns, are you going to DENY vehicles to those that have been found at fault in an accident? I don't recall the right to a motor vehicle being in the constitution.

And I DO agree!

Criminals are the only people giving gun owners a bad name. It's always some thug ruining things.

once again I agree. criminal and mental background check, and you should be good to go. I think there should be a mental health database kinda like NICS but for mental health issues should be done instantly. It should be a FREE website where you punch in a buyers info, and it let's you know if it's safe to sell or not, but without revealing ANY details of their personall business.

Notice he said "keep those irresponsible law-breaking FEW" from getting guns, not most, not "I want to take guns away from this country" he's actually saying "I want to keep guns out of the hands of criminals as best I can"Obama considers ALL gun owners to be criminals, do some research on the guy!

He can't completely remove them from criminals because they'll quickly steal one, but you can make sure they're not able to BUY one from a store.

in other words, get rid of WAIT TIMES to purchase guns, make the process to get a gun FASTER for THE RIGHT people and make sure there's no way around it.

I think he has a little too much faith, gun control people are idiots, and gun owners in SOME cases (not even most, just some) are paranoid.
It is NOT paranoia when we are watching our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS BEING RESTRICTED AND DENIED,AND MORE ATTEMPTS MADE ON A DAILY BASIS, and the government/SCOTUS, senate and house should be SCREAMING that any laws infringing on our God given rights are UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND ARE ILLEGAL AND MUST BE REPEALED!!! After all, they, like I, have sworn an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution from all enemies. THEY FAIL!!!!!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #32

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

A simple truth is one of the reasons for the 2a is to be able to protect ourselves from not only the thug on the street but from the tyranny of government itself. So any restrictions of weapons that the government can have should be made more available to the private citizen. The government spends much more time trying to over regulate adn control or rights and not near enough time helping us retain them.

Taking the option to own a firearm away from someone before they have committed a crime is just a way to enforce a ban on a target group of citizens. A person that gets a possession charge for a few roaches in an ashtray is blocked because they are dangerous. hmmmmm. Owe too much child support in some states and you can not get a permit. None of these people have shown they are a danger to society but they are forced into the flea markets to buy a gun. THey can easilysay that chronic pain patients must be addicted to their meds so we should ban them next.

All I see in this Obama letter is the desire to create more restrictions. Say bye bye to private sales because everyone needs that background check.
None of this is in the 2A. A citizen has the right to protect them selves from bad people. Even if it's the government themselves. So basicly in saying no you can not buy a gun they are saying your rights are being curtailed. You are not a whole citizen. I guess the next step is to rewrite the three fifths compromise because in not being allowed to exorcise their rights they are not a whole citizen. And nothing is going to make you a whole citizen. SAme goes for felons and their rights to vote or own a firearm. If any of these people have not paid their debt they need to remain in prison. Being felons have even less rights(can't even vote) I guess they are maybe only a half a citizen?

With Dr. O now talking about the 2A it will not be long until we start to see the "loopholes" get tied shut. And it wont stop there. Because all we need are a few "common sense regulations". A quote from the Big O during his campaign. But the common sense is going to be coming from people that have no real common sense.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:48 PM   #33

[QUOTE=pandamonium;464505]"I'm willing to bet that responsible, law-abiding gun owners agree that we should be able to keep an irresponsible, law-breaking few - dangerous criminals and fugitives, for example - from getting their hands on a gun in the first place."

If criminals get hanged or shot the government will have very few politicians since in my opinion they are all money grabbers, rapists, liars and thiefs at heart because they defend criminal rights and their freedom not those of the law abiding citizens.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:17 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
It is NOT paranoia when we are watching our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS BEING RESTRICTED AND DENIED,AND MORE ATTEMPTS MADE ON A DAILY BASIS, and the government/SCOTUS, senate and house should be SCREAMING that any laws infringing on our God given rights are UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND ARE ILLEGAL AND MUST BE REPEALED!!! After all, they, like I, have sworn an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution from all enemies. THEY FAIL!!!!!
AGREE Panda! There was a lot of paranoia when Daddy Bush started spouting NWO everyday, then the AWB rolled in in the 90's creating even more paranoia,"Un this and UN that", batf instances of kicking in doors and abusing pregnant women, the "dreaded" Michigan milita, waco and the use of tanks, oklahoma city bombing and just a few weeks ago, the banning of lead bullets. These are just a few of the reasons people like me got paranoid and started clinging to our guns and reciting the 2A regularly. Gun purchases driven by a gov't induced paranoia is way low on the scale of the things the public needs to be worried about. I say let paranoia rule the day...its good for business and freedom.
Semper gero sub gero

Old 03-24-2011, 02:38 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2421 Times on 1324 Posts
Likes Given: 3862

Believe it or not; many posters on some so called pro-gun websites are ctriticizing the NRA for refusing to attend Obama's gun control conference at the white house.

Why in hades should the NRA attend a conference on gun control where the anti-gun Brady bunch and the anti-gun Obama bunch are present? No good could come from it. The NRA would be accused of failing to agree on "common sense gun control" and worse.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #36

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Cool Obama

I don't trust a word he says. How can you trust a person who is illegally in office?

Old 04-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #37

Well said Pandimonium. Well said.