Obama's Letter/ Arizona Post ;RE;Guns & 2A
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Obama's Letter/ Arizona Post ;RE;Guns & 2A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Obama's Letter/ Arizona Post ;RE;Guns & 2A

We must seek agreement on gun reforms

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

I was wondering when he was going to start on this issue. Thanks for the heads-up.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:43 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

all and all, he does have a point we should do more to make sure the certain people don't get there hands on guns. But also we need to make sure the anti gun sob's don't get what they want.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 03-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

He's a slimy bastard and I do not trust a word he says. Likewise Holder, Napolitano, et al.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-13-2011, 11:33 PM   #5

I'll pick a few statements out of this and what thought as I read it.

These are my opinions.

"..... that there's room for us to have reasonable laws that uphold liberty, ensure citizen safety and are fully compatible with a robust Second Amendment."

^The use of the word robust suggests to me Obama feels 2A is too big and too broad and not restrictive enough.

"Porous background checks are bad for police officers, for law-abiding citizens and for the sellers themselves. If we're serious about keeping guns away from someone who's made up his mind to kill, then we can't allow a situation where a responsible seller denies him a weapon at one store, but he effortlessly buys the same gun someplace else."

^ Says to me, new restrictive gun legislation will be focused on businesses and individuals who sell guns.

" Second, we should in fact reward the states that provide the best data - and therefore do the most to protect our citizens."

^He's refering to information provided by states that goes into the background check system. To me it says more tax dollars will go to states with the most restrictive gun laws.

These are just a couple of the things that stood out to me.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #6
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1971 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 586

California and Illinois absolutely need to be reformed. Start by locking up all the anti-gun nuts for sedition and/or civil rights violations. Of course that would include him and at least half of congress.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 03-14-2011, 02:01 AM   #7

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

He's got less than 2yrs left and no more majority in the House. He can bs all he wants, i didn't buy it then and i won't buy it now.

As far as I'm concerned he and the gun banners can go and pound sand! There is nothing to debate or compromise on - 2A affirms my inalienable right to defend myself.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 03-14-2011, 02:33 AM   #8

Liked 711 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
If we're serious about keeping guns away from someone who's made up his mind to kill, then we can't allow a situation where a responsible seller denies him a weapon at one store, but he effortlessly buys the same gun someplace else.
Sounds like selling a gun to a friend or co-worker is going to get a hell of a a lot harder

Old 03-14-2011, 05:01 AM   #9

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

"However, I believe that if common sense prevails, we can get beyond wedge issues and stale political debates to find a sensible, intelligent way to make the United States of America a safer, stronger place.

I'm willing to bet that responsible, law-abiding gun owners agree that we should be able to keep an irresponsible, law-breaking few - dangerous criminals and fugitives, for example - from getting their hands on a gun in the first place.

I'm willing to bet they don't think that using a gun and using common sense are incompatible ideas - that we should check someone's criminal record before he can check out at a gun seller; that an unbalanced man shouldn't be able to buy a gun so easily; that there's room for us to have reasonable laws that uphold liberty, ensure citizen safety and are fully compatible with a robust Second Amendment.

That's why our focus right now should be on sound and effective steps that will actually keep those irresponsible, law-breaking few from getting their hands on a gun in the first place."

"Second, we should in fact reward the states that provide the best data - and therefore do the most to protect our citizens."

WHOSE COMMON SENSE?

SOUNDS LIKE HE'S REACHING WITH ONE HAND, TO KEEP WE GUNOWNERS FROM DROWNING, AND WILL POSSIBLY BE USING THE OTHER HAND TO CONCEAL THE KNIFE THAT WILL STAB US IN THE BACK.............IF YOU ASK ME.

I INTERPRET "REWARDING THE STATES" AS, OFFERING "BIG" REWARDS FOR SNITCHES AND RATS TYPE OF A SYSTEM.........LIKE CONFIDENTIAL INFORMANTS.

JUST MY TAKE..............................DON'T TURN YOUR BACKS ON THE 2ND JUST BECAUSE HE "WANTS" TO BE YOUR FRIEND.

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED HE CAN WANT IN ONE HAND AND Sl-l IT IN THE OTHER, AND SEE WHICH ONE FILLS UP THE FASTEST!

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 03-14-2011, 05:41 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

"I'm willing to bet that responsible, law-abiding gun owners agree that we should be able to keep an irresponsible, law-breaking few - dangerous criminals and fugitives, for example - from getting their hands on a gun in the first place."

This is the KEY to the whole problem. If they want to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals, WHY DO THEY LET THEM BACK OUT ON THE STREET!!!! Our "criminal justice" system is a joke. There is no deterrent to committing crimes. They try to take away or "regulate" the rights of law abiding citizens because the current system is a failure and they have NO effing clue as to what to do!!!

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson