OBAMA's DOG AND PONY SHOW - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > OBAMA's DOG AND PONY SHOW

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 694
Liked 210 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEFvet10072001 View Post
Btw I own only two rifles. Both .30-06 both only for hunting and target shooting.
Again, the 2a was meant to keep the government in check. Did you know that the Japanese wanted to send ground forces to attack the continental US after the attack on pearl harbor? The reason they did t was bc one of them spoke up and said if they did that "there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass". We had arms in the US civilian owned that were up to par w military arms. Had we been stuck with black powder muskets like what was used during the revolutionary war, we could be speaking Japanese right now. The civilians should be able to own small arms equivelant to what the US military issues. Again, look at what the founding fathers wanted when they wrote "shall not be Infringed" and get back to me.
__________________
CaseyChadwell is offline  
 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,076
Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEFvet10072001 View Post
I see no point in civi's owning assault rifles be it American or Russian made. They should only be in the hands of peace officers and military personal ( paramilitary or militia are not in consideration on this point) there have been TOO many deaths. The Hi-caps for AR-15's and stricter background checks don't diminish the right to lever action, bolt action, semi auto shotguns, pump action, double barrel or even black powder rifles. I don't see how getting rid of the deadliest category in this lot "tramples" on the right to bear arms when there are plenty of other rifles AND pistols to own. Just saying. Thanks

OEF 10 07 01
OEF

Thank you for the response and insight. Given your regurgitated stats direct from the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, you've made it quite easy to tell what we are dealing with...

NOTE...according to FBI crime data for 2011 there were 11,500 gun related deaths in the US. Less than 500 of those were by rifle.

The vast majority were by handgun, revolver to be specific, .38 Special to be quite specific...

So...given your desire to ban the most "dangerous" guns...And the fact that a .38 revolver is about the least scary looking gun out there...is it safe to say that you'd also like to ban all handguns?

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:34 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus

I don't see you as a troll. I am also fine with Executive Action that will actually enforce existing laws, I disagree about the magazine cap and potential AWB though. I question what your reasoning is for choosing 30+, why not 20, if 20 why not 10, if 10 why not 7, if 7 why not 5, if 5 why not 1, if 1 why not 0, slippery slope and all that. But seriously why is a capacity limit a positive thing, do you think that crime will be reduced or bad guys will kill less if they use 10 round mags instead of 30? A 100 round drum I personally believe would be more of a hindrance to a criminal because they are heavy as heck when loaded, it would slow people down.
30+ as I've read around the reports and on the forums are the most popular mags next to 20+. I'm not against 10 or even 5 round mags as you can put them on bolt action rifles as well ie Remington 700 holds 5 rounds or can carry a 10 round detachable mag. Restrictions would me on the mental and mentally ill along with harder background checks on people getting their licence and eventually their weapon be it a rifle or pistol.
__________________
OEFvet10072001 is offline  
 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

OEF

Thank you for the response and insight. Given your regurgitated stats direct from the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, you've made it quite easy to tell what we are dealing with...

NOTE...according to FBI crime data for 2011 there were 11,500 gun related deaths in the US. Less than 500 of those were by rifle.

The vast majority were by handgun, revolver to be specific, .38 Special to be quite specific...

So...given your desire to ban the most "dangerous" guns...And the fact that a .38 revolver is about the least scary looking gun out there...is it safe to say that you'd also like to ban all handguns?

Tack
Yes but you speak of the bullet, get rid of the bullet the revolver is useless.
__________________
OEFvet10072001 is offline  
 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 694
Liked 210 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
OEF

Thank you for the response and insight. Given your regurgitated stats direct from the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, you've made it quite easy to tell what we are dealing with...

NOTE...according to FBI crime data for 2011 there were 11,500 gun related deaths in the US. Less than 500 of those were by rifle.

The vast majority were by handgun, revolver to be specific, .38 Special to be quite specific...

So...given your desire to ban the most "dangerous" guns...And the fact that a .38 revolver is about the least scary looking gun out there...is it safe to say that you'd also like to ban all handguns?

Tack
Tack,
I think it was 393 gun deaths were caused by rifles. Rifles is a huge sub category. That does not mean semi auto sporting rifles, that's rifles in general. I'd like to see how many of those were .22 squirrel rifles. Bet it was most...but just a guess.
__________________
CaseyChadwell is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,076
Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEFvet10072001 View Post
30+ as I've read around the reports and on the forums are the most popular mags next to 20+. I'm not against 10 or even 5 round mags as you can put them on bolt action rifles as well ie Remington 700 holds 5 rounds or can carry a 10 round detachable mag. Restrictions would me on the mental and mentally ill along with harder background checks on people getting their licence and eventually their weapon be it a rifle or pistol.
Getting there license? What State are you from?
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:40 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 694
Liked 210 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEFvet10072001 View Post
Yes but you speak of the bullet, get rid of the bullet the revolver is useless.
And there it is! I was wondering when that was going to come out. Then your deer rifle would be useless.
__________________
CaseyChadwell is offline  
 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:44 AM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 694
Liked 210 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Getting there license? What State are you from?
I'm guessing one ruled by a dictator...north Korea or Cuba.
__________________
CaseyChadwell is offline  
 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Tackleberry1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vancouver,WA
Posts: 6,076
Liked 4887 Times on 2369 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEFvet10072001 View Post
Yes but you speak of the bullet, get rid of the bullet the revolver is useless.
So now we want to ban ammo? Hmm

Thinks Standard Capicity Sporting Rifles cause the most deaths...
Would like to ban .38 Special ammo...
Does not realize that we do not need a license to own a gun...except for a few liberal jurisdictions...

Yep...TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT TROLL ALERT!

Jon...please deal with this.

OEF...I suggest you bow out before an actual Marine sees what your doing and takes you apart...

Tack
__________________
Tackleberry1 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Old 01-16-2013, 12:48 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Default

Just remember, I am nor for or against the second amendment as I could care less since I'm in Canada, however, I do care about my safety if and when I travel or hunt in the us. The fact that there are by far fewer deaths because of guns in general in Canada, shows that the system works. The fact that you say 11,500 deaths were gun related scares people but then you sub categorize it to "only 500 were because of handguns" shows your not getting the point about the deaths from people owning dangerous weapons such as AR15s and AK47s. The fact that there are people on forums and on YouTube ( James Yeager) who are "angry" and actually are encouraging people to start civil war with the US Government and kill innocent people is quite quite disturbing and the example of mental people who should have background checks done on. Saying you want to government to stop screwing with guns is one thing but wanting people to kill, and this is not out of context of what James Yeager said, innocent people. That's taking it TOO FAR.

__________________
OEFvet10072001 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Colt pony .380 stainless HELP Gh0zt36 General Handgun Discussion 3 10-09-2012 02:05 PM
Pink Pony JonM 1911 Forum 15 03-01-2011 08:05 PM
Little Pony NGIB 1911 Forum 14 02-24-2011 01:45 AM
Colt Pony Pocketlite??? LadyDeadpool Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 7 04-04-2010 05:50 AM
finally...a Pony slowryde45 Semi-Auto Handguns 8 10-22-2009 09:25 PM