Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Obama wants to use drones on Americans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I do not fear that the American Government will use drones to make war on the American people, and I suspect the sanity of anyone who thinks that may be in the planning and preparation.

If we ever have the famous SHTF situation, it will be Americans making war on Americans; the only thing that could destroy our nation.
Guess you don't remember the tank with the flame thrower that the government used to kill all those folks(men,women AND children) in Waco, TX.
Our government has reached a point of being so out of control that they'll use any means necessary to kill anyone that tries to stand up to them and they don't care if there's kids around, they'll kill them too and blame it on gun owners.
I really hate to say it but I think the time has come where we really need to do something drastic in order to get our Country back into WE THE PEOPLE's control and out of the hands of Big Government run amok.
This is the War Room!"
People Like This 
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #62

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I been listening for the black helicopters to come to my house but they have not showed up, I guess they are getting a drone ready, if I don't report into the forum for a day or two you know what happened. "Avenge me"

Old 02-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #63

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Now seems like a good time to NOT trust anyone in charge!

Old 02-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #64

Liked 4422 Times on 2145 Posts
Likes Given: 1312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I don't give a damn what kind of weapons the government uses to off the folks who are out to kill Americans. If they take out an American Muslim in Somilia planning attacks on us, I say, "go team."

I do not fear that the American Government will use drones to make war on the American people, and I suspect the sanity of anyone who thinks that may be in the planning and preparation.

If we ever have the famous SHTF situation, it will be Americans making war on Americans; the only thing that could destroy our nation.
Chain...

Your lucky you were not a European Jew durring the Holocaust...

You would have been the guy gleefully skipping toward the gas chambers saying... Boy oh boy this shower is going to feel GOOD!

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 02-08-2013 at 01:53 AM.
People Like This 
Old 02-08-2013, 02:24 AM   #65
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19517 Times on 11079 Posts
Likes Given: 49147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Chain...

You would have been the guy gleefully skipping toward the gas chambers saying... Boy oh boy this shower is going to feel GOOD!

Tack
or one of the Jews that turned on his own and helped lead them to the showers!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #66

Liked 1060 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Chain...

Tack
Tack, the difference in you and I is, I don't fear my government, I love my country, and I trust my fellow Americans to do the right thing.
I can accept it when my personal perferences are overuled by the majority of our society. I personally despised W. but I accepted his constitutional authority.

To make a, even a casual, comparison of the United States of America to Nazi Germany is absurd, and shows an ignorance of history. We live in a free and prosperous Nation with leaders that we, on a regular basis, select to make our laws. We still have seamless transistions of governments in election years. We can complain about the government, on a world-wide forum without fear that we will disappear into the fog and the night. I own more guns than my local police, I have worked hard all my life and have been rewarded with a good home and damn good life. My children were well educated and are living prosperous and healthy lives. There is not much more I ask for.

Many see famine in a land of plenty and tyranny in a land of freedom. Some folks live a life based on fear of what might be rather than an honest assement of what is. Fear is an evil thing, it tends to fog reality.

Are there things I don't agree with, or would like to see done differently? Hell yes. One thing a long life has taught me is tolerance and patience.

William Cullen Bryant said it well:

“So live that when thy summons comes to join
The innumerable caravan that moves
To that mysterious realm, where each shall take
His chamber in the silent halls of death,
Thou go not, like the quarry-slave at night,
Scourged to his dungeon, but, sustained and soothed
By an unfaltering trust, approach thy grave,
Like one who wraps the drapery of his couch
About him, and lies down to pleasant dreams.”

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 02-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 612 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 352

This is about 'lethal force against American citizens.' It is not about 'drones.'
The White Paper does not mention 'drones.'

This 'White Paper' pretty well specifies that lethal force may be used against a U.S. citizen
outside the United States who 'is a senior operational leader of al-Qa'ida actively engaged in
planning operations to kill Americans.'

I personally don't see anything wrong with that position.

That this action can be determined by 'an informed hi-level official' is somewhat disturbing. Who isn't an
'informed hi-level official' in Washington? This gives life-or-death power to un-specified people.
But then, if the ones targeted are the ones specified...again....they are supposedly planning attacks on the U.S!

But there are three sentences that stand out toward the end. I quote them below.
The omission of the phrase "outside the United States" in these sentences, IMO, just might negate
the focus of the whole paper.

"...A lawful killing in self-defense is not an assassination. In the Department's view, a lethal operation conducted
against a U.S. citizen whose conduct poses an imminent threat of violent attack against the United States would
be a legitimate act of self-defense that would not violate the assassination ban. Similarly, the use of lethal force, consistent
with the laws of war, against an individual who is a legitimate military target would be lawful and would not
violate the assassination ban."

These sentences do concern me! Are they taken out of context? Possibly.

That they CAN be taken out of context is what concerns me.

ellis

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/sections/news/020413_DOJ_White_Paper.pdf

Old 02-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5075 Times on 2887 Posts
Likes Given: 4239

I feel truly sorry for those who live in such fear and terror of everyone and everything that whenever they hear a helicopter they cringe in terror. That's sad.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

This has been an excellent discussion and I'm glad we're having it.

I neither cringe in fear nor am I paranoid. I am distrustful of our government. I am distrustful of their motives and their methods. There are scores of circumstances where we have been lied to, ignored and victimized by it.

Is there anyone here who can say that our civil liberties have not been curtailed by an overarching government? I'm talking in general, not just about the Second Amendment.

The EPA is killing entire industries. The IRS is killing small business and the common man. The FDA controls what medication can be marketed. Obamacare? Please....

One of my favorite government obfuscations is the phrase; "common sense gun laws". Who gets to decide that? Apparently the citizens don't.

This might be a good time to review the Declaration of Independence. See if it's relevant to today.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/declaration.html

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 02-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #70
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I think the universe may melt down. I agree with you
Whoah!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.