Obama wants to use drones on Americans - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Obama wants to use drones on Americans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 10:33 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5757 Times on 3256 Posts
Likes Given: 5197

Drone use must be monitored.

But when you consider the benefits that will accrue with using drones to protect our border, search for lost and missing folks, assist LE in tracking down dangerous criminals, track storms without endangering pilots, provide traffic control info, and God knows what rlse, IMHO it would be foolish to disallow them simply because they MIGHT be misused.

That MIGHT BE MISUSED argument has been responsible for entirely too many gun restrictions.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's a good point Locutus. But we're talking about the Imperial Presidency, a "Justice" Dept. that runs guns to drug dealers, a Supreme Court that not only doesn't defend the Constitution, but makes law and a government that not only no longer answers to the People, but that holds it in contempt. I find myself no longer able to ascribe good motives to any government entity.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 02-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #33

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
That's a good point Locutus. But we're talking about the Imperial Presidency, a "Justice" Dept. that runs guns to drug dealers, a Supreme Court that not only doesn't defend the Constitution, but makes law and a government that not only no longer answers to the People, but that holds it in contempt. I find myself no longer able to ascribe good motives to any government entity.
I keep telling people, government is to bad, what fire is to hot.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

CA357 Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5757 Times on 3256 Posts
Likes Given: 5197

We can bury our heads in the sand, and pretend that the rest of the world loves us, and that there really aren't any bad people in our country and that all we really need is a "Big iron" on out hip and we'll be safe.

Yes, we can pretend. But that won't make it so.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-07-2013, 02:15 AM   #35
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1915 Times on 1105 Posts
Likes Given: 3906

They (Government) says no armed drones flying within United States borders. Do you really trust them at their word.

I posted this last year and found the youtube video. This was prior to the NATO Sumit in Chicago. Comments is that the video was filmed in Eglin, IL about 40 miles from Chicago.

No armed drones - Yeah Right!

Old 02-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #36

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Drone use must be monitored.

But when you consider the benefits that will accrue with using drones to protect our border, search for lost and missing folks, assist LE in tracking down dangerous criminals, track storms without endangering pilots, provide traffic control info, and God knows what rlse, IMHO it would be foolish to disallow them simply because they MIGHT be misused.

That MIGHT BE MISUSED argument has been responsible for entirely too many gun restrictions.
Focus on the highlighted part ... has there been a power/authority granted to LE or Gov't that has not been abused?

EVER?

Sorry, just because they can is not a reason for them to do

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 02-07-2013, 02:30 AM   #37

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1482

Anyone know how these things reach to 00 Buck?

Assuming it was low enough of course.

Tack

Old 02-07-2013, 02:30 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

There were stories a number of months back about the government using drones domestically. There are threads here that quote legitimate sources about expanding drone use here in the USA. Even the MSM is reporting it. I love my County, I served my Country, but I no longer trust my government or the power mad politicians who think they're above the law. This administration represents itself, not "We the People".

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 03:19 AM   #39

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Anyone know how these things reach to 00 Buck?

Assuming it was low enough of course.

Tack
hell with that ... I'm thinking a focused laser or microwave might be more effective That and if you could take one undamaged it could be used against it's operators

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Last edited by dog2000tj; 02-07-2013 at 03:31 AM.
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 03:32 AM   #40

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_644999&feature=iv&s rc_vid=e_0GCUmq_ag&v=ri9ioCbqJCU

Be careful who's toes you step on today....'cause they could be connected to the a** you need to kiss tomorrow.