Obama wants to use drones on Americans - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Obama wants to use drones on Americans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

america is not the place for fully armed drones to be used, catching a terrorist act in progress here would be an exception but just targeting people because they "pose" a threat is something else. the government is taking a big giant sh!t on the constitution and its only gonna get worse.where will it end? before long the government is gonna have the US looking like the middle east and operating under tyranny

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Last edited by MrWray; 02-06-2013 at 04:45 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5699 Times on 3222 Posts
Likes Given: 5110

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
america is not the place for fully armed drones to be used, catching a terrorist act in progress here would be an exception but just targeting people because they "pose" a threat is something else. the government is taking a big giant sh!t on the constitution and its only gonna get worse

I saw nothing in the report that allowed the use of armed drones within the U.S. borders.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #23

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
The 1A guarantees free speech. but not the right to shout "fire" in a crowded theatre.

I do not believe that the constitutional protection of citizens does, or should, extend to those who have:

Renounced their allegiance to this country,

Attempted to influence other citizen to renounce their allegiance

Traveled to a foreign country, and taken up arms against this country.

Attempted to defame and denigrate this country to foreigners

There are, and rightfully should be limits to everything.
And the solution is to blow him and his 16 year old son up? So from now on, anyone who does things you deem not protected under the First Amendment, we will just rock their ****.

MERICA'!!!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 02-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #24

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:

I saw nothing in the report that allowed the use of armed drones within the U.S. borders.
maybe i mis-interperated the report

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5699 Times on 3222 Posts
Likes Given: 5110

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
And the solution is to blow him and his 16 year old son up? So from now on, anyone who does things you deem not protected under the First Amendment, we will just rock their ****.

MERICA'!!!

You need to take a break from Alex Jones and Ron Paul.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I realize that this is at least theoretically about using drone attacks on foreign soil. However, with all the drones in use in the US and more every day, it's not a very big leap to think there is a good possibility that it will happen here.

I no longer trust our government. Period.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 02-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Further arguing about drone hits on U.S. citizens: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f165/drones-coming-soon-highway-near-you-82888/

I like the new itty-bitty drone the British are using in combat; they would be a real challenge to shoot down, like Duck Hunt.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 02-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2109 Times on 1140 Posts
Likes Given: 3175

Quote:
I have no problem killing enemy conbatants outside of the U.S. who are making war on the U.S. or plotting with others to do so.

I fail to see where there status as American citizens (actually traitors) make a difference.
Bingo!!
IMO: Any scumbag terrorist who advocates the murder of innocent US citizens anywhere in the world is fair game. Anwar Awlaki deserved what he got.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
Bingo!!
IMO: Any scumbag terrorist who advocates the murder of innocent US citizens anywhere in the world is fair game. Anwar Awlaki deserved what he got.
I completely agree. I have no reservations about it if it's used as stated. My concern is that this will be twisted into something else; something quite sinister.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #30

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
The 1A guarantees free speech. but not the right to shout "fire" in a crowded theatre.

I do not believe that the constitutional protection of citizens does, or should, extend to those who have:

Renounced their allegiance to this country,

Attempted to influence other citizen to renounce their allegiance

Traveled to a foreign country, and taken up arms against this country.

Attempted to defame and denigrate this country to foreigners

There are, and rightfully should be limits to everything.
As I said before small shortcuts lead to big shortcuts. Define the limits first. Amend the constitution. Then fuel up the drones. Until then, leave them on the ground.

Be careful who's toes you step on today....'cause they could be connected to the a** you need to kiss tomorrow.

BigByrd47119 Likes This