Obama wants to use drones on Americans - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Obama wants to use drones on Americans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post

No...the DOJ just summarily said, based on loose standards, that they can kill American citizens.
ok,gotcha...

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #12

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

I always thought the death blow to the Constitution would largely go unnoticed...but if this isnt it I dont know what is...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

People Like This 
Old 02-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #13

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

The exact wording is "...great danger to high-level officials.." Now if that is not a way to counter the 2A, I don't know what is.

Be careful who's toes you step on today....'cause they could be connected to the a** you need to kiss tomorrow.

People Like This 
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #14

Liked 747 Times on 522 Posts
Likes Given: 791

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
with no charges, arrest or trial? seems this violates Constitutional rights of the accused. but i guess they just bypassed accusing and suspect, so there for they just kill Americans they suspect?

i have said it before, Obama is overstepping his authority and trying in everyway possible to bypass the Constitution. IMO, in his position as the POTUS, this strikes me as treasonous.
I was going to post this link. Read it at work. We were having a conversation about it.
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/04/16843014-exclusive-justice-department-memo-reveals-legal-case-for-drone-strikes-on-americans?lite
Yep, just stomp on a citizens constitutional rights and send a missile up their @ss. Speaking out that you may agree w/ the position of a foreign entity gets you dead. Free speech is dead, due process is dead. Hail the dictator.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

People Like This 
Old 02-05-2013, 11:49 PM   #15

Hey locust...werent we JUST discussing this? Turns out Rush and Hannity are baffled and disturbed by this as well from listening to them today.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 02-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6569 Times on 3660 Posts
Likes Given: 6208

I have no problem killing enemy conbatants outside of the U.S. who are making war on the U.S. or plotting with others to do so.

I fail to see where there status as American citizens (actually traitors) make a difference.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

Last edited by locutus; 02-06-2013 at 05:16 PM.
alsaqr Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #17

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I have no problem killing enemy conbatants outside of the U.S. who are making war on the U.S. or plotting with others to do so.

I fail to see where there status as American citizens (actually traitors) make a difference.
Americans are afforded the right of due process under the Constitution, traitor or not. Small shortcuts lead to big shortcuts.

Be careful who's toes you step on today....'cause they could be connected to the a** you need to kiss tomorrow.

People Like This 
Old 02-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

If it's proven an American is a member of Al Queda that's one thing, (and BTW, it doesn't rally call for proof) but the way the memo is written leaves much open to conjecture. My interpretation is that any American can be targeted if TPTB decide they're a threat. The lawyerspeak all but guarantees abuse.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 02-06-2013, 05:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemccarthy707 View Post
Americans are afforded the right of due process under the Constitution, traitor or not. Small shortcuts lead to big shortcuts.
Hear hear!!!

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 02-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6569 Times on 3660 Posts
Likes Given: 6208

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemccarthy707 View Post
The 1A guarantees free speech. but not the right to shout "fire" in a crowded theatre.

I do not believe that the constitutional protection of citizens does, or should, extend to those who have:

Renounced their allegiance to this country,

Attempted to influence other citizen to renounce their allegiance

Traveled to a foreign country, and taken up arms against this country.

Attempted to defame and denigrate this country to foreigners

There are, and rightfully should be limits to everything.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill