Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action' - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Obama: Some Gun Control Measures 'I Can Accomplish Through Executive Action'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21577 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

IMO, Obama will push his agenda as far as he can get away with, legal or illegal. will he get an AWB to pass? possibly, but i don't think he has the support of the House or Congress to get it through. i see him also bending the law to suit his agenda on this issue as well. after all he is a manipulative politician!

the part that does confuse me, that i read in the news earlier today, was he wanted stricter background checks. what am i missing here and what would a stricter background check be? DNA and fingerprints before buying! phych evaluation before buying? a note from your 1st grade teacher telling them you were a good student? if anyone can shed some light on this i would like to hear it.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #12

Liked 4782 Times on 2313 Posts
Likes Given: 1473

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
IMO, Obama will push his agenda as far as he can get away with, legal or illegal. will he get an AWB to pass? possibly, but i don't think he has the support of the House or Congress to get it through. i see him also bending the law to suit his agenda on this issue as well. after all he is a manipulative politician!

the part that does confuse me, that i read in the news earlier today, was he wanted stricter background checks. what am i missing here and what would a stricter background check be? DNA and fingerprints before buying! phych evaluation before buying? a note from your 1st grade teacher telling them you were a good student? if anyone can shed some light on this i would like to hear it.
Stricter checks could mean several things. I could be as minimal
as the Feds updating NCIS records to include anyone who's been mental adjudicated and declared incompetent or it could mean NO MORE PRIVATE SALES...now, taking your buddy to the LGS before selling his a prized model 60 might not seem like a big deal bit what if it's more?
What if it's NO PRIVATE SALES AT ALL?
Sell it to an FFL ONLY? That would cut the value of all collections down to wholesale and remove the investment "incentive" from gun ownership.

They keep using the term "universal" background check so I expect the worst and would not be shocked to see an EO BANNING PRIVATE SALES.

Tack
Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

as the Feds updating NCIS records to include anyone who's been mental adjudicated and declared incompetent or it could mean NO MORE PRIVATE SALES...now, taking your buddy to the LGS before selling him a prized model 60 might not seem like a big deal but what if it's more?
Sell it to an FFL ONLY? That would cut the value of all collections down to wholesale and remove the investment "incentive" from gun ownership.

They keep using the term "universal" background check so I expect the worst and would not be shocked to see an EO BANNING PRIVATE SALES.

Tack

Old 01-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21577 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
as the Feds updating NCIS records to include anyone who's been mental adjudicated and declared incompetent or it could mean NO MORE PRIVATE SALES...now, taking your buddy to the LGS before selling him a prized model 60 might not seem like a big deal but what if it's more?

Tack
Tack, pretty much what i thought, just wanted someone elses opinion.

the mentally adjudicated would only be effective if someone were actully commited to an institution. so there in actual reality will still be plent of nut cases that had never been institutionalized, that would be able to purchase, correct? so IMO if that were the case, stricter background checks would in an essence be pretty useless! another ineffective gun control measure that is doomed to fail.

and banning FTF private sales? seriously, who and how could the ever enforce that? sounds like a paperwork nightmare to me! somebody is going to have to do paperwork. possibly having a national registration of all firearms? another huge mountain of paperwork for someone if we were inclined to comply. how would they enforce that!

Old 01-15-2013, 01:35 AM   #15

Liked 707 Times on 460 Posts
Likes Given: 1942

The only way to enforce a ban on private sales would be universal registration, which nobody will go along with anyway.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 01-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988 View Post
The only way to enforce a ban on private sales would be universal registration, which nobody will go along with anyway.
There would be no need to enforce it. Every crime gun would simply be traced back to it's last FFL purchaser.

If that person could not show proof of legal transfer prior to the date of the EO, bingo...hello felony conviction...bye bye gun rights.

Tack

Old 01-15-2013, 02:44 AM   #17

Liked 376 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

There would be no need to enforce it. Every crime gun would simply be traced back to it's last FFL purchaser.

If that person could not show proof of legal transfer prior to the date of the EO, bingo...hello felony conviction...bye bye gun rights.

Tack
I'm sure a tax will also be applied to all transfers too.

01100011011011110110110101100101001000000110000101 10111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110 01010010000001110100011010000110010101101101

Old 01-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver35 View Post
I'm sure a tax will also be applied to all transfers too.
I hope so...inserting a tax into an EO would guarantee it's struck down. The power to tax is reserved soley to congress.

Tack

Old 01-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #19

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

I hope so...inserting a tax into an EO would guarantee it's struck down. The power to tax is reserved soley to congress.

Tack
And as much as we hate paying taxes it is better for. congress to have it than our "president".

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
And as much as we hate paying taxes it is better for. congress to have it than our "president".
QFT!

I wod not trust the Ass Hat in Chief with a sharp stick! Lucky for him he's a liberal and only believes in playing with safe items that can hurt him...