obama says no new gun laws on the agenda????? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > obama says no new gun laws on the agenda?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

If Obama is re-elected there's a good chance he will try something .Especially if he gets to appoint anymore anti-gun Supreme Justices's .As far as the UN arms treaty It will never get passed the Senate .Trying to pass stricter gun control laws would be political suicide for both this election year .

Old 07-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #22

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Lol he can say hes pro gun and wont do anything with gun control but hes still not getting my vote

Old 07-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #23

Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986
Lol he can say hes pro gun and wont do anything with gun control but hes still not getting my vote
It does not really matter who gets elected. Romney is very much a gun control nut and Obama can't get congress to work with him.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7658 Times on 4208 Posts
Likes Given: 7370

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno13 View Post
It does not really matter who gets elected. Romney is very much a gun control nut and Obama can't get congress to work with him.
Actually, it does matter. The republican "bigwigs" wouldn't allow Romney to push gun control even if he wanted to. Which he doesn't, because he knows it's political suicide.

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Old 07-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Guys, it's simple. Don't let Obama's passive stance on gun control fool you. It's temporary, I assure you. Obama clearly knows that he needs more than the usual democratic base to get re-elected. In addition, he needs the blue-collar white man's vote as well. He also knows that most gun owners are... you guessed it, the blue-collar white man. He will not do anything to alienate this voting block, YET. If re-elected, however, look out. Once there are no more election to win, he will do as much damage as he possibly can in terms of en-acting gun control measures. More importantly, he most likely will nominate new supreme court justices and we all know his track record there.

I personally think his re-election is the worst possible thing that can happen to gun owners

Old 07-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #26

Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

Actually, it does matter. The republican "bigwigs" wouldn't allow Romney to push gun control even if he wanted to. Which he doesn't, because he knows it's political suicide.
Just look at his voting record when he was Governor of Mass.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:22 PM   #27

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

There are some fairly wise politicians that know they would be jailed immediately by any conquering force. Since the American army is so spread out they wouldn't make it back in time to stop it. It is the armed population who is protecting them from any invasion. At least some smart people up there understands what would happen if America was disarmed.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:29 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
His is a Liar, been a Liar, will always be a liar.

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2011/07/rep_joe_walsh_calls_obama_a_li.html
Obama has lied about everything since day one. And he continues each time he opens his mouth to speak. Amazing!

Old 07-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7658 Times on 4208 Posts
Likes Given: 7370

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno13 View Post
Just look at his voting record when he was Governor of Mass.
I have.

There, he was having to appease the Mass. pols, in a state where gun control was very popular with the people. Being pro gun was political suicide in Mass.

In Washington, he'll have to appease the national party. and the national pols are well aware that gun control is the political "third rail."

Go back and study Lyndon Johnson. A fanatically PRO_GUN

senator from Texas. A fanatically anti=-gun president. (Of course gun control was popular nationally then, so he embraced it)

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Old 07-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #30

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

I'm voting for Noneof Theabove.

Noneof Theabove cares about the Constitution,

and the BOR.

Noneof Theabove is interested in preserving the

lifestyle of LACs.

Noneof Theabove is interested in treating

criminals like the scum they are.

ALL HAIL Noneof!!