obama says no new gun laws on the agenda????? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > obama says no new gun laws on the agenda?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 06:19 AM   #11
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21302 Times on 12086 Posts
Likes Given: 53068

Obama wants to keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people? hmmm, yeah and the Fast and Furious Operation was an overwhelming success too.

Romney isn't any better either. wishy washy fence sitting puppet. just a few years ago he was trying to pass an AWB in his home state, and now he is a big friend of the NRA? yeah, right.

there was another thread about being pro 2nd admendment and wanting stiffer gun control laws? IMO, you are either pro 2nd admendment or not. there is no middle ground here, nor do we as gun owners need anymore compromises or concessions on our part. i think the key words in the 2nd admendment are, "shall not be infringed" speaks to where i stand in regards to the 2nd admendment.

People Like This 
Old 07-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #12

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

If Obama signs Arms Trade Treaty, than no. He has new gun law agendas which isn't surprising. You can easily tell when a politic is in favor of new gun control legislation.

When a politic misconstrues gun rights with gun violence, he is a no go.

Barrack Obama fits into this category.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #13
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5953 Times on 2944 Posts
Likes Given: 6322

No new gun laws on his agenda? His agenda changes every week and most of the action items come from his loathing for our constitution! Hes just tweaking it here and there because he's so much smarter than the founders, citizens that fought for and gained our freedoms and anyone that didnt vote for him!!!!!!!

Romney was the governor of a very liberal state. His actions and support went to the folks that demanded what he was asked to support when he was elected. Just like Washington, they have a legislature that proposes and as Governor, he's supposed to sign if its reasonable and warranted.

Unlike Barry Oh, he's admitted to supporting and signing things in his state he would not do at the Federal level. Thats the definition of states rights, I can appreciate that. Changing ones mind, evolving and listening are hallmarks of a thinking reasoning individual, not a stone Icon.

Whether or not Mitt is a true Conservative is less the question than if his highest priorities will help or hurt us in the next four years. Ive heard him support the actual enactment of an NRG plan, Spurring economic growth by unleashing small business, rightsizing and privatizing govt and cracking down on fraud and abuse committed by and against the US Government. I support all of those, he's not a fool, he has been proven to be able to wear more than one hat and realize what one fits for which situation, that is called leadership. He's not gonna end abortion, legalize polygamy nor Create National Same Sex Marriage Month, I believe he's very aware of what needs to take place to make our country whole and prosperous again.

The lines in the sand have been drawn, we only have 2 political Parties that provide us Presidents and both have chosen their representatives, its time for us to pick one and decide our future for at least the next four years. The Current POTUS has a record a mile long we can judge his private and public service by and he has promised his followers to continue down that same path if given a second shot at it.

It does us no good to opine for another choice when its not gonna happen this time. Pick one, stand beside him and pray you make a good choice and most of the other voters do the same.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #14

Liked 674 Times on 371 Posts
Likes Given: 1419

Just keep this in the back of your mind... The UN treaty was to be pass congress with at least a 2/3 majority... which the anti-gun side DOES NOT have. Then there is the legal issues of NO treaties or laws superceading the U.S. Constitution.... Then there is the opposition from the NRA which is a HUGE powerful lobby.

I fully believe that this is all political cannon fodder for an election year and made to distract us from other more pressing issues.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #15
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5953 Times on 2944 Posts
Likes Given: 6322

NC1760, I do believe your correct in the short run but the signing of any treaty of this kind whether binding or not opens the opportunity for recess decree shenanigans and more weak moments in the future when a simple 2/3rd happens as part of a Bi-Part boondoggle bill Republicrats are so known for. A group hug, some pictures on the capital steps and send the troops out to collect up those nasty dangerous fire-sticks FOOG, For Our Own Good.

Yes it is a distraction but what if we just sat on our thumbs?

Old 07-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #16

Liked 2715 Times on 1591 Posts
Likes Given: 1725

i'm not one who is threatened by ALL forms of gun control/laws. in fact, i am in favor of any gun control law that is DIRECTED AT making it harder for criminals and the mentally ill to obtain firearms. some gun owners freak at ANY form of gun control.....why on earth would any law abiding citizen object to background checks?

obama hasn't said much about gun control. at worst, i see him coming after gun shows, volume sales, or internet sales. many of these areas NEED some common sense laws imo. i don't see him getting the support in either house for another awb or anything like it.

i think gun owners become a very paranoid group sometimes. we have one of the largest and most powerful PAC's in the country. we don't have to see every form of a gun law as "them dang government's gonna come git mah guns!"

of course we should stay on top of news which could effect our rights, but there is no need to jump to conclusions every time anyone mentions guns laws. in other words, less "this could happen..." vs really react when it is happening...

just mo, y'all are welcome to disagree.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1836 Times on 1309 Posts
Likes Given: 2073

Default Election time........

This reminds me of one potus......Read my lips, no new taxes...... We don't need new laws, we just need to kill those that break the gun laws, locking them up and then setting them free is not working.......How many convicted fellons are rearrested and in posession of fire arms......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 07-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #18

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i think gun owners become a very paranoid group sometimes. we have one of the largest and most powerful PAC's in the country. we don't have to see every form of a gun law as "them dang government's gonna come git mah guns!"

of course we should stay on top of news which could effect our rights, but there is no need to jump to conclusions every time anyone mentions guns laws. in other words, less "this could happen..." vs really react when it is happening...

just mo, y'all are welcome to disagree.
Look at the New Orleans situation, a situation we should NEVER forget.Police were ordered to confiscate guns, they raped women and violated gun owners.

They are training right now to break down our door at midnight to confiscate our guns. It's a sad very thought.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:41 PM   #19

Liked 2450 Times on 1396 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Maybe he thinks he's done enough damage already?

OH WAIT, were his lips moving, or was he telling the truth?

Old 07-27-2012, 04:09 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1836 Times on 1309 Posts
Likes Given: 2073

Default Who's to blame.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey View Post
Look at the New Orleans situation, a situation we should NEVER forget.Police were ordered to confiscate guns, they raped women and violated gun owners.

They are training right now to break down our door at midnight to confiscate our guns. It's a sad very thought.
Durring and after Katrina, where were the NOPD......They were just like the rest of the population, looting local car dealer ships, gun shops or what ever they could get thier hands on before leaving the city for good. The ones that stayed behind were charged with killing innocent people......Now take a good look at what is going on in N.O. and Texas.......The drug dealers are taking over.......N.O. has the highest murder rate in the country.......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........