Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Obama on Gun Control, McCain on Gun Control (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/obama-gun-control-mccain-gun-control-5090/)

tracker 06-21-2008 09:40 PM

Obama on Gun Control, McCain on Gun Control
 
Obama on Gun Control, McCain on Gun Control, a subject important to Gun Owners in America!!! A subject that should also be important to people defending the Right's of the American People, is not an "Attack On The Second Amendment", but also an "Attack On The Right's Of The People" I will not Bore You with the wording of the Second Amendment-- A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
However, I will be more than Happy to "Bore You", not only with my opinion, but with the Facts! Neither candidate gets my Seal Of Approval when it comes to defending the Second amendment. Both have shown something less that comforting to those supporting the 2nd. The question is--Who is the least of Two Evils?

John McCain:
John McCain believes that the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is a fundamental, individual Constitutional right that we have a sacred duty to protect. We have a responsibility to ensure that criminals who violate the law are prosecuted to the fullest, rather than restricting the rights of law abiding citizens. Gun control is a proven failure in fighting crime. Law abiding citizens should not be asked to give up their rights because of criminals - criminals who ignore gun control laws anyway.

Assault Weapons :

John McCain opposes restrictions on so-called "assault rifles" and voted consistently against such bans. Most recently he opposed an amendment to extend a ban on 19 specific firearms, and others with similar characteristics

The Confiscation of Firearms After an Emergency:

John McCain opposes the confiscation of firearms from private citizens, particularly during times of crisis or emergency. He voted in favor of an amendment sponsored by Senator David Vitter prohibiting such confiscation.

However:
Background Checks at Gun Shows

At a time when some were trying to shut down gun shows in the name of fighting crime, John McCain tried to preserve gun shows by standardizing sales procedures. Federal law requires licensed firearm sellers at gun shows to do an instant criminal background check on purchasers while private firearm sellers at gun shows do not have to conduct such a check. John McCain introduced legislation that would require an instant criminal background check for all sales at gun shows and believes that such checks must be conducted quickly to ensure that unnecessary delays do not effectively block transactions.

" I believe that background Cks by everyone at Gun Shows will open the door for the background Ck related to any sale of a firearm, by any individual---Hey---I am not gonna go through that to sell my brother a 22.

Barrack Obama:

Ban semi-automatics, and more possession restrictions
Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.

Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers.
A bill to prohibit civil liability actions from being brought or continued against manufacturers, distributors, dealers, or importers of firearms or ammunition for damages, injunctive or other relief resulting from the misuse of their products by others. Voting YES would:
Exempt lawsuits brought against individuals who knowingly transfer a firearm that will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime
Exempt lawsuits against actions that result in death, physical injury or property damage due solely to a product defect
Call for the dismissal of all qualified civil liability actions pending on the date of enactment by the court in which the action was brought
Prohibit the manufacture, import, sale or delivery of armor piercing ammunition, and sets a minimum prison term of 15 years for violations
Require all licensed importers, manufacturers and dealers who engage in the transfer of handguns to provide secure gun storage or safety device

Now That's just a few from both candidates. Though I am not sure of McCain's "Firm Stand On Gun Control"---I Do Not beleve, I can Gamble on Obama's

McCain On Gun Control

Obama On Gun Control

ScottG 06-22-2008 12:20 AM

But McCain is really worse!!!!!!!! Vote Fifth Party!!!! We'll teach him a lesson by voting in the commie....

BigO01 06-22-2008 01:29 AM

If you want to know the practical difference between McCain and Obastard on gun control let me make it simple for you .

If McCain had his way he would show up at your home with 5 ATF thieves , bust down the door fill their arms and leave .

Obastard would show up with just Paul Helmke of the "Brady Center" who has a much more polished line of lies than Obastard does and while one of them was talking their garbage about "Common sense gun laws and supporting hunters rights" the other scumbag would be cleaning you out of everything you owned even the children's water guns and anything else with the word gun in it like say a caulk gun .

jtmat 06-22-2008 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigO01 (Post 28788)
If you want to know the practical difference between McCain and Obastard on gun control let me make it simple for you .

If McCain had his way he would show up at your home with 5 ATF thieves , bust down the door fill their arms and leave .

Obastard would show up with just Paul Helmke of the "Brady Center" who has a much more polished line of lies than Obastard does and while one of them was talking their garbage about "Common sense gun laws and supporting hunters rights" the other scumbag would be cleaning you out of everything you owned even the children's water guns and anything else with the word gun in it like say a caulk gun .

I agree...

No matter how you get there, the bottom line is you are without your guns. :(

Dillinger 06-22-2008 01:55 AM

What we really need is "None of the Above" - and then have a do over from all interested parties....

JD

RL357Mag 06-22-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottG (Post 28771)
But McCain is really worse!!!!!!!! Vote Fifth Party!!!! We'll teach him a lesson by voting in the commie....

How can someone that has a demonstrated hate of guns and a long anti-gun legislative record be worse than someone who received a "B" rating from the coveted "NRA"? I wish one of you people who make this claim would either back that up or explain it in simple terms so even I can understand it...

h&k bigdaddydieseldan 06-22-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 28792)
What we really need is "None of the Above" - and then have a do over from all interested parties....

JD

If only it was that easy but unfortunately it is not and if you vote for a third party candidate that is just a wasted vote and will probably put obastard in the white house :eek::eek::eek:

ScottG 06-23-2008 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 28828)
How can someone that has a demonstrated hate of guns and a long anti-gun legislative record be worse than someone who received a "B" rating from the coveted "NRA"? I wish one of you people who make this claim would either back that up or explain it in simple terms so even I can understand it...

A joke. I thought "Vote Fifth Party" would make it obvious....

RL357Mag 06-23-2008 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottG (Post 28915)
A joke. I thought "Vote Fifth Party" would make it obvious....


Didn't see it Scott! Whenever I see a pro-Obama post my blood pressure rises which causes momentary blindness....


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:08 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.