Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Obama gun ban? Not so outrageous now

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2011, 01:42 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm getting tired of all this crap. Can't we just clean house?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #12

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Hell, I gottem! So, if and when this POS legislation does pass, like I said before....."Come on and gettem!"

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 02-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #13

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Sounds like they're taking some lessons from CA. The part that is the most disturbing you know aside from the government overstepping their bounds and changing the Constitution is the fact they found a way to not grandfather what is already out there through bureaucratic red tape.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

What pisses me off is that they don't have the BALLS to try to pass outright legislation on this, I am sure it's because they know it'll never pass! They have to go through BATFE(CES). To make regulations, no voting required.

Come to think of it, I cannot come up with ONE single Federal Government Agency/Acronym, that can do ANYTHING competently.

I am wondering where they plan on getting the funds to make this work, ya know they'll be coming up with more depts and whatnot to handle paper work, legwork, blah-blah-blah. It's gonna cost a friggin fortune! As if we have lots of money to spend.

IMO, we need to get rid of the alphabet soup style of government, IRS,TSA, BATFE, and the other three thousand of 'em.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #15

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
What pisses me off is that they don't have the BALLS to try to pass outright legislation on this, I am sure it's because they know it'll never pass! They have to go through BATFE(CES). To make regulations, no voting required.

Come to think of it, I cannot come up with ONE single Federal Government Agency/Acronym, that can do ANYTHING competently.

I am wondering where they plan on getting the funds to make this work, ya know they'll be coming up with more depts and whatnot to handle paper work, legwork, blah-blah-blah. It's gonna cost a friggin fortune! As if we have lots of money to spend.

IMO, we need to get rid of the alphabet soup style of government, IRS,TSA, BATFE, and the other three thousand of 'em.
I'll get right on that. I'll hire fifteen employees and assistances for each of them to come up with a focus group. They will prepare a report that will be used to create a committee who will oversee the writing on the permits needed to study the best way to handle this situation. They will then prepare a report that will be forwarded to me and we can start figuring out how we create an agency called the Committee On Managing Public Law Enforcement Teams, Exemplifying the Bettering of the States (C.O.M.P.L.E.T.E. B.S.) and they can investigate the necessity of each governmental agency.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1934 Times on 1036 Posts
Likes Given: 2881

Obama and his bunch can get away with this crap because there is a "sporting purposes" clause in the GCA of 1968. It allows the ATF to declare that certain firearms are not suitable for "sporting purposes".

This ain't the first time that administrations have gotten away with this kind of underhanded crap. Reagan did it, Bush I did it and Clinton did it.

http://rpc.senate.gov/releases/1998/importban-kf.htm

Quote:

This week the Secretary of the Treasury will release a review on whether foreign-made "semi-automatic assault-type rifles" are legally importable under President Clinton's 1994 Semi-Auto Gun Ban and the 1968 "sporting purposes" import standard.

On November 14, 1997, the Administration suspended import permits of all "modified semi-automatic assault-type rifles." All future sales of these previously legal firearms are effectively terminated, pending the Treasury review.

The Administration's import ban appeared motivated by erroneous allegations that importers are exploiting loopholes in the 1994 Semi-Auto Gun Ban. Clinton's own ATF Director John Magaw admits in the Los Angeles Times on December 22, 1997, that "the 1989 standard [the most recent modification of the original 1968 'sporting purposes' standard] is even stricter than the 1994 assault weapon ban."

While every firearm sold in the United States meets or exceeds the exact standard set forth in Clinton's Semi-Auto Gun Ban, the Administration is now attempting to justify further restrictions -- only now ignoring the role of Congress.

.................................................. .................................................. ...

The 1968 Gun Control Act states specifically that the act had no intention of "plac[ing] any undue or unnecessary Federal restrictions or burdens on law-abiding citizens with respect to the acquisition, possession, or use of firearms appropriate to the purpose of hunting, trapshooting, target shooting, personal protection, or any other lawful activity . . ." It was not until 1984 that this open-ended definition was more narrowly applied to only certain sporting activities, such as hunting and organized marksmanship.

In 1984, the "sporting purposes" test was specifically applied to rifles and shotguns. The firearm in question was a South African riot control shotgun. The importer, pursuant to the statute requirements, indicated that the weapon fit "sporting purposes" due to its "suitability for police/combat style competitions." ATF denied the license.

Two years later, a second shotgun application was denied due to the firearm not being "generally recognized as particularly suitable for or readily adaptable to a sporting purpose." .................................................

The criteria were last modified in 1989. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms was ordered to suspend importation of 43 imported semi-automatic firearms until a study was completed pertaining to their eligibility for importation under the "sporting use" criteria. Thereafter, the review concluded that not one of the 43 firearms was of sporting use as defined by the Import Restriction section in the 1968 Gun Control Act [18 USC §925(d)(3)].
It is a sad damn commentary that those critters in the US congress who claim to support our right to bear arms have allowed administrations to determine that certain guns do not meet so called "sporting purposes". Republicans ran everything for years and they never did one damn thing for us: They could have changed or eliminated the GCA of 1968.

Last edited by alsaqr; 02-05-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Old 02-09-2011, 04:44 AM   #17

Lightbulb

Interesting. Maybe more shotgun owners will look twice before they pass by some Saiga Combat Shotguns (.410, 20, 12).

On a different note, who gained the most benefit during the so-called $care back in late '08-early '09?
It will happen again in the next few years.

Maybe the scalpers are the only ones who benefit, like some jerks here in Memphis who bought up most of the Large Rifle Primers, then took them to the gun shows?

Last edited by Laufer; 02-09-2011 at 04:51 AM.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:13 AM   #18

I'm so sick of him and stupid dumb ass wife telling this country what they should and shouldn't do I just want them to shut the phuck up.