Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Obama Care Ruled Unconstitutional

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Obama Care Ruled Unconstitutional

A Florida Federal Judge ruled today Judge Rules Health Care Law Is Unconstitutional - FoxNews.com

Ya Hoo, Now to the SCOTUS

People get the government they deserve.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-31-2011, 09:36 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Sah-WEEEEEEET!

Been hoping to hear this all day. Suddenly the bright in my cubicle is a little brighter and less offensive.

Suck It Big O!

JD

Old 01-31-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5128 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

its not over yet. its still got to go before the supreme court of the united states and some no-brainer rulings they have punted on...

we arent out of the woods yet. but we can see daylight. the scotus is liekly to leave that pig in place and just strike down one portion which really wont solve the problem.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-31-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

This is just what they want. I agree with it but in the end the libs will put private insurance out of business or out of reach and force people into their plan.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #5

My main point was that in it's current form, not legal. We are not stuck with it, so there is hope.

But I agree, the future is only a wee bit brighter. However to have his prize possession shot down in flames has to get under his skin just a tad and that makes me happy.

As a matter of fact, anything that causes him or Biden to have an unneccessary rise in blood pressure is cause for me to grin like a 5 year old with a new toy.

JD

Old 01-31-2011, 09:45 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 999 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 312

What happens if SCOTUS agrees and says it's unconstitutional? Will the insurance companies sue the government for violating the constitution and causing rates to rise? I assume they will and then they and their lawyers will keep 99% of the judgement for themselves while offering a buy one rectal exam get one free coupon to their customers. That always seems to be the way of class action lawsuits. Either way in the end, somehow this will end up costing the taxpayer.

Would this also mean that insurance companies who wanted to drop someone for a pre-existing condition will now be able to do so retroactively?

I was confused about insurance before the government started messing with it and now I'm even more confused as to what might happen. I'm a smart person but nothing related to healthcare laws or insurance companies makes any sense to me.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 01-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
but nothing related to healthcare laws or insurance companies makes any sense to me.
Quoting for the Effing Truth. Heads of those companies are definitely on the grand "check it twice" list, that is for sure.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:17 PM   #8

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default Hooray!

A step in the right direction

Fla. judge strikes down Obama health care overhaul | General Headlines | Comcast.net

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 02-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5128 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
What happens if SCOTUS agrees and says it's unconstitutional? Will the insurance companies sue the government for violating the constitution and causing rates to rise? I assume they will and then they and their lawyers will keep 99% of the judgement for themselves while offering a buy one rectal exam get one free coupon to their customers. That always seems to be the way of class action lawsuits. Either way in the end, somehow this will end up costing the taxpayer.

Would this also mean that insurance companies who wanted to drop someone for a pre-existing condition will now be able to do so retroactively?

I was confused about insurance before the government started messing with it and now I'm even more confused as to what might happen. I'm a smart person but nothing related to healthcare laws or insurance companies makes any sense to me.
the popular myth is insurance companies deny pre-existing. they dont, they just charge a higher rate because they KNOW your going to use it rather than know you MIGHT use it. the whole pre-existing condition thing is an attempt to end access to health coverage for anyone outside the government.

it a political fallacy.

insurance companies have never ever never paid a single claim. other policy holders pay all the claims you make and you pay all the claims that other policy holders make. all insurance companies do is broker the exchange of monies they take a percentage usually between 1-5% of all dues paid. the rest is paid out as claims.

want to fix insurance costs?? fix frivoulous lawsuits and medical fraud by doctors and hospitals.

if the so called pre-existing provision is up-held or passes insurance companies will close up and all your left with is 100% out of pocket or obamacare.

you would have to be rock stupid to buy insurance of any sort until you need if there wasnt a hefty charge for pre-existing. if you switch companies and have a condition, such as workplace changing insurance they cant deny you the going rate. if you get hired by a company that provides insurance same deal.

most of what you hear libs cranking off about is pure lies or half truths to scare people into supporting something that will let them socialize the country.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-01-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 382 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 582

If SCOTUS strikes down any part of obummercare it will pull the whole bill down because it doesnt have a severability clause. If one part of the bill is repealed through legislation it basically does the same thing. They were too busy building a framework for civilian enslavement that they forgot one little paragraph to ensure continuity of legislation should one part be struck down. Good luck for us this time but don't expect our malevolent dictator to make the same mistake again........